• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

a916
Member
(09-29-2017, 08:27 PM)
a916's Avatar

Originally Posted by 19 & 21

The thing about the avs last preseason was even though they won, every single game was baaaaad. This year about half the games were bad, maybe a little less than half. Our PP is still just insanely terrible though. It's gonna be a better year but with a worthless PP it's still gonna be very painful.

The intersquad game had a score of 1-0... that team could not score, even in pre-season last year, even though they went 6-0.

This year they look more... hopeful. And barring the catastrophe injuries of last year, and I believe either the, or among the worst in modern day history, goaltending they got last year, they should bounce back nicely from that point total last year. That's not saying much because a 30 point turn around would still have them fighting for last place.
Silexx
Member
(09-29-2017, 08:28 PM)
Silexx's Avatar
Chatter from Ottawa media people seem to indicate that Chabot & Brown are getting likely to make the team to start the season.
Red_Man
I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
(09-29-2017, 08:28 PM)
Red_Man's Avatar

Originally Posted by imBask

must be a pretty short article

strengths : Carey Price is in net
weaknesses : Carey Price can't play any other position

you just reminded me to subscribe to the website

Mostly, Price is super human, that Habs actually have good forward depth (Lol can't score in preason) and a pretty good #1D. Biggest issue obviously is the lack of mobility on D.
Ondor
Banned
(09-29-2017, 08:29 PM)
Ahh so Juolevi, Rodin, and Holm aren't at practice today so wouldn't be surprised if they're cut. Not sure why Megna and Chaput are still there though.
imBask
Banned
(09-29-2017, 08:29 PM)

Originally Posted by Red_Man

Mostly, Price is super human, that Habs actually have good forward depth (Lol can't score in preason) and a pretty good #1D. Biggest issue obviously is the lack of mobility on D.

outside of shitposting i'm still very unsure about the scoring even in regular season. We couldn't score last year and I don't feel like our forward group got any better
Cake Boss
Banned
(09-29-2017, 08:32 PM)

#wow
Red_Man
I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
(09-29-2017, 08:33 PM)
Red_Man's Avatar

Originally Posted by imBask

outside of shitposting i'm still very unsure about the scoring even in regular season. We couldn't score last year and I don't feel like our forward group got any better

Didn't get better, but they had some of the best possession stats last year, and with Price in net, the offence being middling is still enough to ease into the playoffs, even if not ideal. Rebound seasons from AGally and BGally would be huge, and Lehkonen looks to be ready to take the next step. People severely underrate how good he is.
Lone_Prodigy
Member
(09-29-2017, 08:38 PM)
Lone_Prodigy's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ondor

Ahh so Juolevi, Rodin, and Holm aren't at practice today so wouldn't be surprised if they're cut. Not sure why Megna and Chaput are still there though.

Sucks for Rodin, but he's been outplayed by Boeser and Virtanen and is better suited to a top-6 role.

Juolevi needs more time.
Solo
Banned
(09-29-2017, 08:41 PM)
Solo's Avatar

Originally Posted by Red_Man

Mostly, Price is super human, that Habs actually have good forward depth (Lol can't score in preason) and a pretty good #1D. Biggest issue obviously is the lack of mobility on D.

Couldn't score in regular season and especially in playoffs last year. And the offense is at best equal this year, and at worse even more anemic.

Going to be a real struggle. I expect either making the playoffs in the 5-8 seed range followed by an abrupt 1st round exit again, or the drive for 9th. This team isn't good enough to do more than that first scenario.
imBask
Banned
(09-29-2017, 08:44 PM)

Originally Posted by Red_Man

Didn't get better, but they had some of the best possession stats last year, and with Price in net, the offence being middling is still enough to ease into the playoffs, even if not ideal. Rebound seasons from AGally and BGally would be huge, and Lehkonen looks to be ready to take the next step. People severely underrate how good he is.

not a bad article so far, it's giving me some kind of hope, but this

Alex Hemsky may be a fine replacement for Radulov, as he too is a slick play-making winger, though he has to stay healthy to have an impact.

is how you lose me. Radulov was intense and everywhere and sparked everyone up with his enthusiasm, Hemsky is a dumpster fire on skates
MetatronM
Member
(09-29-2017, 08:49 PM)
MetatronM's Avatar
Oi, somebody needs to add me to the Vegas allegiance list. VEGAS, BABY!
Marvie_3
Banned
(09-29-2017, 09:09 PM)
Marvie_3's Avatar

Originally Posted by MetatronM

Oi, somebody needs to add me to the Vegas allegiance list. VEGAS, BABY!

Does that mean you arent a Rangers fan anymore? I'll take your season tickets then. 😀
MultiJhonny
Banned
(09-29-2017, 09:10 PM)

Originally Posted by Marvie_3

Does that mean you arent a Rangers fan anymore? I'll take your season tickets then. 😀

I doubt he has an acceptable parking spot though
Red_Man
I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
(09-29-2017, 09:11 PM)
Red_Man's Avatar

Originally Posted by imBask

is how you lose me. Radulov was intense and everywhere and sparked everyone up with his enthusiasm, Hemsky is a dumpster fire on skates

I agree with the intensity and off ice stuff, but statistically he outputs the same point totals at 5 v 5 that Radulov did *shrugs*

I don't see him as a Radulov replacement, but he seems like a decent guy to take a flyer on.
dr.rocktopus
Banned
(09-29-2017, 09:12 PM)
I can't even imagine a Meta update for the Knights. What would you even say??
Ondor
Banned
(09-29-2017, 09:15 PM)

Originally Posted by Lone_Prodigy

Sucks for Rodin, but he's been outplayed by Boeser and Virtanen and is better suited to a top-6 role.

Juolevi needs more time.

Yep, he would've been good to have in the club a season or two ago but Boeser is here and Virtanen has come into his own. He's very good depth to have down in Utica.
Marvie_3
Banned
(09-29-2017, 09:16 PM)
Marvie_3's Avatar

Originally Posted by MultiJhonny

I doubt he has an acceptable parking spot though

I can just leave my car at Barclays
purg3
slept with Malkin
(09-29-2017, 09:17 PM)
Calling it now. Jake Guentzel is going to be a 40 goal scorer this season. Can't wait to see the Pens make another run this season. Just hope Letang can make it through a full season, when healthy he has a legit shot a Norris.
calder
Awesome Овечкин
Овечкин is awesome
(09-29-2017, 09:19 PM)

Originally Posted by Marvie_3

Does that mean you arent a Rangers fan anymore? I'll take your season tickets then. 😀

I always knew when he took that high-powered wall street job Marvin was like 2-3 years away from becoming a Rangers lifelong.

And any doubt vanished when I saw you during this game against the Pens:



The worst thing? Marv is actually texting security in this pic and has the fun-loving guy with the beard tossed out. At least take off your tie dude.
Marvie_3
Banned
(09-29-2017, 09:22 PM)
Marvie_3's Avatar

Originally Posted by calder

I always knew when he took that high-powered wall street job Marvin was like 2-3 years away from becoming a Rangers lifelong.

And any doubt vanished when I saw you during this game against the Pens:



The worst thing? Marv is actually texting security in this pic and has the fun-loving guy with the beard tossed out. At least take off your tie dude.

Fuck you old man. Thats a power tie.
KernelPanic
Member
(09-29-2017, 09:22 PM)
KernelPanic's Avatar

Originally Posted by Silexx

Chatter from Ottawa media people seem to indicate that Chabot & Brown are getting likely to make the team to start the season.

Feels like a given to me too.

Wonder if they will stay the year or just get their 10 games and get sent down.

Once Brassard is fully back don't see how Brown can stay and I don't like the idea of rushing him.
imBask
Banned
(09-29-2017, 09:23 PM)
that's actually zroid, he's looking up live stats instead of watching the game
Pikma
Banned
(09-29-2017, 09:25 PM)
Pikma's Avatar

Originally Posted by calder

I always knew when he took that high-powered wall street job Marvin was like 2-3 years away from becoming a Rangers lifelong.

And any doubt vanished when I saw you during this game against the Pens:



The worst thing? Marv is actually texting security in this pic and has the fun-loving guy with the beard tossed out. At least take off your tie dude.

Dude on his right is checking him out
Smiley90
Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
(09-29-2017, 09:33 PM)
Smiley90's Avatar
but it's not even October yet wtf Creeper
Reckheim
Member
(09-29-2017, 09:33 PM)
Reckheim's Avatar

Originally Posted by Pikma

Dude on his right is checking him out

or his dick pics.
Marvie_3
Banned
(09-29-2017, 09:35 PM)
Marvie_3's Avatar

Originally Posted by Smiley90

but it's not even October yet wtf Creeper

Its probably october where dstrdl lives
zroid
Banned
(09-29-2017, 09:36 PM)

Originally Posted by imBask

that's actually zroid, he's looking up live stats instead of watching the game

it's cute that you think i would attend a live game :P

far more convenient to crunch numbers while streaming the game in my basement laboratory
Maddocks
Member
(09-29-2017, 09:38 PM)
Maddocks's Avatar
GO KINGS GO!

Hyped for the season like no other. Going to be a good October for LA fans. Kings, Lakers and Dodgers.
imBask
Banned
(09-29-2017, 09:39 PM)

Originally Posted by zroid

it's cute that you think i would attend a live game :P

far more convenient to crunch numbers while streaming the game in my basement laboratory

your "stats dungeon" as you call it?
zroid
Banned
(09-29-2017, 09:48 PM)

Originally Posted by imBask

your "stats dungeon" as you call it?

One might
shadowkat
Member
(09-29-2017, 10:12 PM)

Originally Posted by Smiley90

but it's not even October yet wtf Creeper

Details, details.
KodaRuss
Member
(09-29-2017, 10:18 PM)
KodaRuss's Avatar
Go Stars. I have a feeling this season is going to be a wild one.
Pikma
Banned
(09-29-2017, 10:19 PM)
Pikma's Avatar

Originally Posted by KodaRuss

Go Stars. I have a feeling this season is going to be a wild one.

If by wild you mean shitty, yeah probably
KodaRuss
Member
(09-29-2017, 10:23 PM)
KodaRuss's Avatar

Originally Posted by Pikma

If by wild you mean shitty, yeah probably

There are some very high expectations going on around Dallas right now with Bishop, Radulov and Hitchcock on the team this year.

Their biggest problem (and its been this way for a while) is their D and they really didnt do anything other than add Methot, who is not that great.
CreeperBlocks
Banned
(09-29-2017, 10:27 PM)
As I mentioned in the OP, please feel free to join our discord by clicking that banner in the op
Pikma
Banned
(09-29-2017, 10:29 PM)
Pikma's Avatar

Originally Posted by KodaRuss

There are some very high expectations going on around Dallas right now with Bishop, Radulov and Hitchcock on the team this year.

Their biggest problem (and its been this way for a while) is their D and they really didnt do anything other than add Methot, who is not that great.

Both Radulov and Hitchcock are good additions

Bishop tho? I'll have to see it to believe it.

D is still bad, really bad
Dubbedinenglish
Banned
(09-29-2017, 10:31 PM)

Originally Posted by Marvie_3

Its probably october where dstrdl lives

I think itís like March there or something
Kuro Madoushi
Member
(09-29-2017, 10:40 PM)
Kuro Madoushi's Avatar
HOCKEY IS ALMOST BACK!

FUCK THE {insert your shitty team here}!
CreeperBlocks
Banned
(09-29-2017, 11:17 PM)

Originally Posted by Kuro Madoushi

HOCKEY IS ALMOST BACK!

FUCK THE {insert your shitty team here}!

Wooooooo
Line_HTX
Member
(09-29-2017, 11:51 PM)
Kuro is doo-doo.

🤠
Marvie_3
Banned
(09-29-2017, 11:53 PM)
Marvie_3's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kuro Madoushi

HOCKEY IS ALMOST BACK!

FUCK THE {Leafs}!

Agreed
slyfox
Member
(09-30-2017, 12:14 AM)
slyfox's Avatar
Go LEAFS Go!
Pikma
Banned
(09-30-2017, 12:16 AM)
Pikma's Avatar
Fuck leafs fuck!
zroid
Banned
(09-30-2017, 12:17 AM)

Originally Posted by Pikma

Fuck leafs fuck!

how vulgar
Zombie James
Banned
(09-30-2017, 12:17 AM)
Zombie James's Avatar

Originally Posted by Pikma

Fuck leafs fuck!

TALK ABOUT YOUR TEAM AND YOUR TEAM ONLY.
KodaRuss
Member
(09-30-2017, 12:19 AM)
KodaRuss's Avatar

Originally Posted by Pikma

Both Radulov and Hitchcock are good additions

Bishop tho? I'll have to see it to believe it.

D is still bad, really bad

Bishop is definitely an upgrade over whatever the hell was in net last season. Lehtonen should hopefully be better as well. The D is still going to cause problems though.
Marvie_3
Banned
(09-30-2017, 12:20 AM)
Marvie_3's Avatar
That weird ass hyphen in the thread title is bothering me.


A lot.
Pikma
Banned
(09-30-2017, 12:21 AM)
Pikma's Avatar

Originally Posted by KodaRuss

Bishop is definitely an upgrade over whatever the hell was in net last season. Lehtonen should hopefully be better as well. The D is still going to cause problems though.

imBask
Banned
(09-30-2017, 12:22 AM)

Originally Posted by Pikma

can he be any worse tho? think about it
Pikma
Banned
(09-30-2017, 12:23 AM)
Pikma's Avatar

Originally Posted by zroid

how vulgar

Originally Posted by Zombie James

TALK ABOUT YOUR TEAM AND YOUR TEAM ONLY.

You guys know I love the leafs, you're definitely no Habs and I honestly want your team to do good

I'm just trying to create controversy and get newcomers involved!

Thread Tools