• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Exclusive Destiny 1 content now available on Xbox

S9eei.gif

Finaj

Oh, golly gee! What a blessing!

Now to wait for a year (or two if the exclusivity time is extended like D1 was) until Xbox/PC are in line with the PS4 version of Destiny 2.

Dabanton

A very sick joke. As annoying as it is. I see the value to a platform holder of getting lets say CoD DLC content for a month but a year or longer haha

Was MS this ruthless during the 360 era with DLC content?

Audioboxer

JGo5lWh.jpg

Might have worked with the original "10 year plan", or if the original had just been constantly upgraded for a bit longer, like an MMO. It's 3 years later though and we have Destiny 2 so I doubt this news is going to excite many.

0DmrW.gif

Even as someone who played on Playstation, I hate this. Knowing other people don't get content I do doesn't make me happy or make me feel like I got a better value.

Van Bur3n

As I said when it was first announced, it's just plain insulting because the content is absolutely irrelevant. Sony and Activision are just scummy as fuck.

Same bullshit is bound to happen again with Destiny 2.

shanew21

It's almost more insulting to Xbox owners to release it after the sequel comes out than to never release it at all.

The Destiny PS exclusive DLC situation is some grade A bullshit

The typical "get DLC here 30 days early" deal would have had the same effect and been less shitty.

A very sick joke. As annoying as it is. I see the value to a platform holder of getting lets say CoD DLC content for a month but a year or longer haha

They paid a lot for episodes from liberty city.

Mezoly

The Destiny PS exclusive DLC situation is some grade A bullshit

The typical "get DLC here 30 days early" deal would have had the same effect and been less shitty.

Yeah it really is bad for the game itself as well. Unless I'm mistaken, for Destiny 2 the PS exclusive Strike will never get into the Nightfall rotation because of the exclusivity.

Every piece of DLC for Tomb Raider Underworld was, and still is, exclusive to the 360 version. They definitely had their moments.

cakely

I'm sure someone on Xbox One is going to be very happy when Hawkmoon drops.

For real? this is some ridiculous BS. I feel like they're just rubbing it in at this point.

EDIT: They have Hawkmoon already! My bad. I have no idea what the content that was still exclusive to Playstation even was at this point.

Kill3r7

Thanks Bungie but most of us have moved to D2.

I'm sure someone on Xbox One is going to be very happy when Hawkmoon drops.

For real? this is some ridiculous BS. I feel like they're just rubbing it in at this point.

Hawkmoon has been available for a while now.

I quickly glanced at the topic and thought this was Destiny 2 related. Thought, oh that month long exclusivity wasn't a big deal. Then I realized it was for the first one. Seems utterly pointless.

well, now I finally can go back to Destiny. jk

Actually I am waiting for the complete edition to be around $30 to play again this game. After TTK, I won't buy any Destiny untill all DLC is out.

SheHateMe

Hey, at least Xbox owners can get a break from

Whether we wanted it or not, we've stepped into a war with the Cabal on Mars. So let's get to taking out their command, one by one. Valus Ta'aurc. From what I can gather he commands the Siege Dancers from an Imperial Land Tank outside of Rubicon. He's well protected, but with the right team, we can punch through those defenses, take this beast out, and break their grip on Freehold.

BECAUSE HOLY SHIT, IF I HAD TO PLAY THAT STRIKE ONE MORE TIME.

Top Bottom