• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Shepard
Member
(10-05-2017, 09:50 PM)
Shepard's Avatar
I'll buy it on Steam in a year or so.
oti
Banned
(10-05-2017, 09:50 PM)

Originally Posted by ProBusinessgamer

If you think its broke then maybe you should learn how to use a computer, maybe its user error. Its so broke but i can download and play games.... its easier to complain about personal failures, generally people who are fine are in the silent minority.

Originally Posted by ProBusinessgamer

And you have sales data from Win 10 store? i didnt think so, are there any posts that are not full of assumptions based on personal opinions.

Well hello there, Mr. Spencer. How's the Japan trip going?
Cisce
Member
(10-05-2017, 09:51 PM)
Cisce's Avatar
Looks good, but I'll wait for a Steam release as it's way less of a hassle.

Originally Posted by jwhit28

I still can't get the Age of Empires III copy I owned through Games for Windows Live back.

oh shit

you just reminded me that i owned AOE3 complete through Games for Windows Live.

rip
Windu
never heard about the cat, apparently
(10-05-2017, 09:51 PM)

Originally Posted by frontovik

What's disappointing is the Windows 10 store exclusivity...

Microsoft only supports Windows 7 with security updates now. Don't expect anything new.
Lom1lo
Member
(10-05-2017, 09:53 PM)
Lom1lo's Avatar
Day one
prudislav
Member
(10-05-2017, 09:54 PM)
prudislav's Avatar

Originally Posted by Windu

A large number of people have had issues downloading games. Maybe they are a vocal minority but you don't hear many of the same complaints about other digital stores.

well on every other PC platform you can resume paused download or when connection derps .... on WinStore you it starts from 0 due to how UWP work ... which is kinda ridiculous when UWP games basically are single "container files" and really painfull when connection derps when you are at 99% of 100GB game like GoW4
fireflame
Member
(10-05-2017, 09:54 PM)
Skip verdict if not Steam/gog
Veitsev
Member
(10-05-2017, 09:55 PM)
Veitsev's Avatar
Thanks MS, I have too many games to play already and you saved me some money.
Armaros
Member
(10-05-2017, 09:56 PM)
Armaros's Avatar

Originally Posted by ProBusinessgamer

Because MS isnt a small company like valve, sony, nintendo... They link the store to there OS which still has a monopoly on desktops/laptops.
Last i seen i am playing BC games i paid for in the last gen for free when they become available, and they are doing the same with original xbox... thats more of a indication of support then your lazy message that makes no sense at all.
Maybe you should look at how many installs windows 10 has, and you think its going away in a couple of years..

and that definitely helped Microsoft get Infinite Warfare players on the windows 10 store?

JoeBoy101
Member
(10-05-2017, 09:57 PM)
JoeBoy101's Avatar
After getting burned on Quantum Break on the Windows Store, and then having a more technically reliable version released on Steam, Microsoft can get fucked. I'll wait for the Steam release.
Granjinha
Member
(10-05-2017, 09:58 PM)
Granjinha's Avatar
Microsoft pls

how can you be so stupid, i mean, look at this shit:

http://steamspy.com/search.php?s=age+of+empires

look at those NUMBERS and they still ignore that
Windu
never heard about the cat, apparently
(10-05-2017, 09:58 PM)

Originally Posted by Armaros

and that definitely helped Microsoft get Infinite Warfare players on the windows 10 store?

To be fair MS has started doing cross network play between xbox live and stream now. Rise of Nations and Killer Instinct do it. So if Activision wanted to they could do it.
JaggedSac
Member
(10-05-2017, 10:00 PM)
JaggedSac's Avatar

Originally Posted by Granjinha

Microsoft pls

how can you be so stupid, i mean, look at this shit:

http://steamspy.com/search.php?s=age+of+empires

look at those NUMBERS and they still ignore that

Well, they will still get those numbers when they eventually release on Steam. They are attempting to actually have people click the Windows Store button. Not likely to work when they have such bad publicity with the Store not functioning properly for a portion of the people that actually do click the button though.
Drazgul
Member
(10-05-2017, 10:01 PM)
Drazgul's Avatar

Originally Posted by thekonamicode

Not interested in buying anything from Windows Store. No shortage of games to play, so I'll wait.

With that being said, day one purchase on steam.

Couldn't have said it better myself.
wapplew
Member
(10-05-2017, 10:01 PM)
wapplew's Avatar

Originally Posted by Granjinha

Microsoft pls

how can you be so stupid, i mean, look at this shit:

http://steamspy.com/search.php?s=age+of+empires

look at those NUMBERS and they still ignore that

Because they want those numbers for their own store?
scarlet0pimp
Member
(10-05-2017, 10:01 PM)
scarlet0pimp's Avatar
I bet it won't come to steam, this probably cost very little to remaster and it will probably be a tiny install. Just a tool to temp strategy fans to use the store, not much lost if it doesn't work.
I might buy it if it's reasonably priced.
I would definitely buy the close combat games from the store though if they ever remastered them loved a bridge too far would love that so much.
In fact MS have a decent back catalogue of old pc games they could remaster for the store to tempt people in, hope they do it.
Arulan
Member
(10-05-2017, 10:02 PM)

Originally Posted by ProBusinessgamer

Because MS isnt a small company like valve, sony, nintendo... They link the store to there OS which still has a monopoly on desktops/laptops.
Last i seen i am playing BC games i paid for in the last gen for free when they become available, and they are doing the same with original xbox... thats more of a indication of support then your lazy message that makes no sense at all.
Maybe you should look at how many installs windows 10 has, and you think its going away in a couple of years..

Pro.. Business... yeah...

I wouldn't be praising their attempt to abuse their monopoly to force a centralized store in, or their abusive Windows 10 upgrades.

I also hope you don't like groovin' to your music.

As for Age of Empires, that's a shame.
Granjinha
Member
(10-05-2017, 10:02 PM)
Granjinha's Avatar

Originally Posted by JaggedSac

Well, they will still get those numbers when they eventually release on Steam. They are attempting to actually have people click the Windows Store button. Not likely to work when they have such bad publicity with the Store not functioning properly for a portion of the people that actually do click the button though.

i don't think a late release on Steam will get those numbers

Originally Posted by wapplew

Because they want those numbers for their own store?

that won't happen

like, ever
horkrux
Member
(10-05-2017, 10:04 PM)
horkrux's Avatar
Gonna buy it regardless. Never had any problems with the WS myself
Lanrutcon
Member
(10-05-2017, 10:05 PM)
Lanrutcon's Avatar

Originally Posted by wapplew

Because they want those numbers for their own store?

Disappointment is a bitch.
Armaros
Member
(10-05-2017, 10:05 PM)
Armaros's Avatar

Originally Posted by Windu

To be fair MS has started doing cross network play between xbox live and stream now. Rise of Nations and Killer Instinct do it. So if Activision wanted to they could do it.

But he was trying to claim the windows 10 store has this giant silent majority that dont complain about problems.

He is trying to argue that it doesn't need Steam crossplay
Unai
Member
(10-05-2017, 10:07 PM)
Unai's Avatar

Originally Posted by wapplew

Because they want those numbers for their own store?

It's nice to want things, I suppose.
Ushay
Member
(10-05-2017, 10:07 PM)
Ushay's Avatar
Been a very long time since I played this game, may give this a whirl.

Does MS own the Age of Mythology IP as well?
Windu
never heard about the cat, apparently
(10-05-2017, 10:08 PM)

Originally Posted by Armaros

But he was trying to claim the windows 10 store has this giant silent majority that dont complain about problems.

He is trying to argue that it doesn't need Steam crossplay

lol yeah. They definitely need to combine the player pools. Cross Network play between live, steam, etc.. is in their best interests, and consumers.
Leb
Member
(10-05-2017, 10:08 PM)
Leb's Avatar

Originally Posted by ProBusinessgamer

Because MS isnt a small company like valve, sony, nintendo... They link the store to there OS which still has a monopoly on desktops/laptops.
Last i seen i am playing BC games i paid for in the last gen for free when they become available, and they are doing the same with original xbox... thats more of a indication of support then your lazy message that makes no sense at all.
Maybe you should look at how many installs windows 10 has, and you think its going away in a couple of years..

I just wanted to say that it's very refreshing to see someone taking such a courageous stand on such a divisive issue. Like you, I'm a strong proponent of corporate personhood, and I believe that the pervasive, systemic mistreatment of corporations is nothing less than _the_ civil rights issue of our generation.

I can't tell you how steamed I get when I see people on this board bending over backwards to defend the rights and privileges of disadvantaged minorities, but when it comes to an individual like Microsoft (who became a large multinational corporation through no fault of its own), well, apparently _that_ individual isn't deserving of those same rights and protections.
PeskyToaster
(10-05-2017, 10:09 PM)
PeskyToaster's Avatar
Does the windows store even work? I only have Gears 4 on there because of the cross play. I heard it would just restart the install over and over again so I never installed it.
snail_maze
Member
(10-05-2017, 10:09 PM)
snail_maze's Avatar
I dont really care if it's on the windows store or a different one. I can live with it only working on my windows 10 PC and having to open a different launcher or whatever is fine too. What kills it for me is that it will be one of those windows app things and I really dont have much confidence in those
Mechanized
Member
(10-05-2017, 10:10 PM)
Mechanized's Avatar

We’ve chosen to release “Age of Empires: Definitive Edition” exclusively in the Windows Store and we’re excited about what that entails

A much smaller userbase!
JaggedSac
Member
(10-05-2017, 10:10 PM)
JaggedSac's Avatar

Originally Posted by PeskyToaster

Does the windows store even work? I only have Gears 4 on there because of the cross play. I heard it would just restart the install over and over again so I never installed it.

lol Too scared?
Tagyhag
Member
(10-05-2017, 10:10 PM)
Tagyhag's Avatar
I'll wait for Steam, we know it'll come.
Tavernacle12
Member
(10-05-2017, 10:11 PM)
Tavernacle12's Avatar
Oh good, my Steam Wishlist gets to be one game smaller!
KonradLaw
Member
(10-05-2017, 10:12 PM)
KonradLaw's Avatar
Won't last. Not considering how insane AoE2HD sales have been on Steam
Bl@de
Member
(10-05-2017, 10:14 PM)
Bl@de's Avatar
6 months until it hits Steam just like Dead Rising 4 etc,
jwhit28
Member
(10-05-2017, 10:15 PM)
jwhit28's Avatar

Originally Posted by ProBusinessgamer

Because MS isnt a small company like valve, sony, nintendo... They link the store to there OS which still has a monopoly on desktops/laptops.
Last i seen i am playing BC games i paid for in the last gen for free when they become available, and they are doing the same with original xbox... thats more of a indication of support then your lazy message that makes no sense at all.
Maybe you should look at how many installs windows 10 has, and you think its going away in a couple of years..

Yeah it will probably be around just as long as Xbox Mus-, I mean Groove Mus-, I mean Spotify.
4Tran
Member
(10-05-2017, 10:16 PM)

Originally Posted by Wedzi

I'm still confused why they don't turn the Xbox app on Windows 10 into some kind of steam alternative.

Microsoft isn't interested in a Steam alternative. They want a digital store that can go up against the Google Play Store and the Apple App Store and they're going to keep propping up that dead horse until it does!
PeskyToaster
(10-05-2017, 10:21 PM)
PeskyToaster's Avatar

Originally Posted by JaggedSac

lol Too scared?

Well it's like 70 GBs and I just wanted to play it on my Xbox.
madjoki
Member
(10-05-2017, 10:23 PM)
madjoki's Avatar
Well, I guess I won't get it then.

This game is one of few exceptions I might've made, but I can't even update to latest Win10 build so I can't even if I want.

And probably next update that breaks shit again as Fall Creators supposedly coming this month and they didn't even fix previous.
Zepp Twofist
Member
(10-05-2017, 10:29 PM)
Zepp Twofist's Avatar
I usually pretend that games on the Windows Store do not exist. Can't say I've been missing out yet.
Yearsoflurking
Member
(10-05-2017, 10:32 PM)
I sometimes wonder if people realize the windows team and xbox team are two totally different teams with different leadership's 🤔.
jwhit28
Member
(10-05-2017, 10:36 PM)
jwhit28's Avatar

Originally Posted by madjoki

Well, I guess I won't get it then.

This game is one of few exceptions I might've made, but I can't even update to latest Win10 build so I can't even if I want.

And probably next update that breaks shit again as Fall Creators supposedly coming this month and they didn't even fix previous.

This happened to me too when I tried to play the Forza demo that I couldn't get to download. The store would tell me to update Windows but Windows Update said no more updates available. If you use this tool it might find the updates that Windows Update isn't finding.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...date-assistant
madjoki
Member
(10-05-2017, 11:08 PM)
madjoki's Avatar

Originally Posted by jwhit28

This happened to me too when I tried to play the Forza demo that I couldn't get to download. The store would tell me to update Windows but Windows Update said no more updates available. If you use this tool it might find the updates that Windows Update isn't finding.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...date-assistant

Yeah, I haven't installed Creators Update, because it ships with broken drivers (and doesn't let install drivers for manufacturer or older windows drivers).

No reason to think AOE would allow earlier versions.
sangreal
Member
(10-05-2017, 11:09 PM)
sangreal's Avatar
Is this being developed internally or contracted out?

If the latter I'd bet anything it comes to Steam eventually
OnionPowder
Member
(10-05-2017, 11:26 PM)
OnionPowder's Avatar

Originally Posted by wapplew

Because they want those numbers for their own store?

Maybe if it was free to play they'd reach that.
Granjinha
Member
(10-05-2017, 11:27 PM)
Granjinha's Avatar

Originally Posted by OnionPowder

Maybe if it was free to play they'd reach that.

No, not even that way.
Electret
Member
(10-05-2017, 11:31 PM)
Electret's Avatar

Originally Posted by Leb

I just wanted to say that it's very refreshing to see someone taking such a courageous stand on such a divisive issue. Like you, I'm a strong proponent of corporate personhood, and I believe that the pervasive, systemic mistreatment of corporations is nothing less than _the_ civil rights issue of our generation.

I can't tell you how steamed I get when I see people on this board bending over backwards to defend the rights and privileges of disadvantaged minorities, but when it comes to an individual like Microsoft (who became a large multinational corporation through no fault of its own), well, apparently _that_ individual isn't deserving of those same rights and protections.

10/10
dmr87
Member
(10-05-2017, 11:39 PM)
dmr87's Avatar

Originally Posted by Jafku

Guess I won't be buying AOE

Yup.

I'll wait until they realize how many sales they are missing out on and then get it on Steam.
RionaaM
Member
(10-06-2017, 12:03 AM)
And that's how you kill a game before it's even out. Good job, Microsoft.

Originally Posted by OnionPowder

Maybe if it was free to play they'd reach that.

I once tried to get Disney Infinity from the Win Store and it wouldn't start downloading. Free games aren't guaranteed to work in the world's crappiest digital store.
Bitch Pudding
Member
(10-06-2017, 12:22 AM)
Bitch Pudding's Avatar
I'm perfectly aware that port begging is a bannable offenes.

But what about store begging?!
Abilidebob
Member
(10-06-2017, 12:26 AM)

Originally Posted by Bitch Pudding

I'm perfectly aware that port begging is a bannable offenes.

But what about store begging?!

It's less store begging and more "please don't make me try and use that dumpster fire they call a store and will probably stop supporting in a few years" begging.
Bitch Pudding
Member
(10-06-2017, 12:27 AM)
Bitch Pudding's Avatar

Originally Posted by Abilidebob

It's less store begging and more "please don't make me try and use that dumpster fire they call a store and will probably stop supporting in a few years" begging.

That's exactly how I feel, hence the question ;).

Thread Tools