• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ScreenJunkies' Andy Signore Accused of Sexual Harassment

Status
Not open for further replies.
This opens the precedence for the media to destroy an inocent's life and damage his/her image forever because they want to monetize on the subject. Plus internet has a tendency to dogpile someone for the most stupid excuses.

This simply don't feel right.

If I'm reading correctly, this quote is about OJ, after the trial, after everything was said and, IMO, everyone was able to get a good understanding of the situation.
It's not talking about initial reaction to news/accusations, and thus feels a bit misplaced here.

Edit: It'd still kinda apply, but I wanted to point out the original context.

Ombra

Social media identification/harassment, contacting employers, doxxing, etc. Basically what we’ve seen countless times. Sometimes, like with the neo-Nazi rallies, we have photos and videos so there’s no question who is who. But we’ve seen people jump into overdrive when the story is still fresh and nothing is really known for sure. Asking people to slow down a bit is met with accusations.
I think we're veering off topic, in situations like this especially high profile situation's, there's no need to do any of that we know who he is and where he works, mobilizing in such a way when the accusation of rape or sexual assualt is the question is pointless.

Do you think its wrong for people to vocally side with the accuser when an accusation comes up?

Aske

It's like people want to maintain that Al Capone was just a business man who didn't pay his taxes.

Prattle on and on about moral obligation of the presumption of innocence while the receipts stack gets higher and higher. Good look.

Pretty much. I'm not going to join a lynch mob, but failing to quietly draw conclusions based on several accusations from different people would be absurd.

Kite

I find the claim that no one jumps straight to attempting to punish the accused to be pretty ridiculous. After the boston bombing I believe there’s even forum rules in place to address that very thing. Posting unsourced identifications and the like can get you in trouble because the resulting social media slandering/doxing/harassment that inevitably results could be directed at an innocent person.
Same shit happened at the Nazi "Unite the Right" rally at Charlottesville this year, people started doxxing the racists there. I remember a few were correctly fired, one guy from the company logo on the shirt he was wearing. But also at least one innocent professor was falsely identified was being there and his personal email, phone number and home address were posted online and he was harassed and threatened. Shit like that is why you don't believe everything you read online.

http://www.npr.org/sections/alltech...after-being-misidentified-on-twitter-as-a-rac

racist_-_Copy.png

hollomat

Banned
I'm not forgetting anything. I am a black man I've been raised to never just believe a white womens rape/sexual assault allegations just cuz she says it's true. With its history being what it is I think that's fair. Go google the rosewood massacre. Yea fuck all that 100% believing a women no mattter what nonesense.

So whether you believe a rape allegation is based solely on the color of their skin. That’s pretty fucked up.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Another one.

of all the ones posted so far this is easily the most pathetic.

I mean she only replied twice. One was because she didn't understand something he said and the other was a quote from some T&Cs. tragic.

Zemm

of all the ones posted so far this is easily the most pathetic.

I mean she only replied twice. One was because she didn't understand something he said and the other was a quote from some T&Cs. tragic.

Reading through it I honestly thought someone had edited out the replies because otherwise it would be the most pathetic shit I had ever seen.

Reading through it I honestly thought someone had edited out the replies because otherwise it would be the most pathetic shit I had ever seen.

I'm pretty sure at least some replies are edited out. He obviously asks her age and then responds to her answer. Not that it changes anything.

Da-Kid

It doesn't really seem like harassment, more like a guy that awkwardly flirts. It's pathetic, but I wouldn't call it harassment.

It doesn't really seem like harassment, more like a guy that awkwardly flirts. It's pathetic, but I wouldn't call it harassment.

Some of it, especially the attempts to score random groupies, isn't really harassment, just pathetic, as you say, but it does suggest the initial report of him coming on to an employee over whom he had power, as well as subsequent women who have come forward and accused him of the same thing, are very likely to be true, which IS pretty shitty behavior.

UltraMav

What I'm really curious about is how many times this worked for him. I mean, surely, if he does it so much he must have found some success with those cringe-tastic messages.

Da-Kid

Some of it, especially the attempts to score random groupies, isn't really harassment, just pathetic, as you say, but it does suggest the initial report of him coming on to an employee over whom he had power, as well as subsequent women who have come forward and accused him of the same thing, are very likely to be true, which IS pretty shitty behavior.
Probably is the case, sure we'll find out soon.

trejo

Are we entirely sure that she's replying no other than twice on those threads?

I'm curious.
She clearly replied more than twice based on the follow-up messages but going by the sheer sleaze and desperation oozing from the guy it hardly matters what the response ratio is.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk

Newsflash, if you keep on flirting after the recipient is clearly not responding positively to your advances, it's harassment.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Well...he certainly has a pattern...

Not

Banned
Damn. Guy just thought it was fine to do after a while because no one was complaining. Or rather, the people complaining were easy to control.

Gotta change this culture.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Reminds me of the chat conversations they show on 'to catch a predator' before the conversations turn sexual.

Nerazar

I'm not OK with his behavior at all, even if it only was at the "creep" stage (even though I think that more than that happened)...

... but I am definitely also not OK with his chatlogs being made public. That is a breach of privacy and literally a social media witch hunt. Let the judges decide on this case before destroying his life. For me, sharing those screen caps weakens the case of his victims who are seemingly more concerned to get media attention than justice.

Maximo

I'm not OK with his behavior at all, even if it only was at the "creep" stage (even though I think that more than that happened)...

... but I am definitely also not OK with his chatlogs being made public. That is a breach of privacy and literally a social media witch hunt. Let the judges decide on this case before destroying his life. For me, sharing those screen caps weakens the case of his victims who are seemingly more concerned to get media attention than justice.

l417_f-maxage-0.gif

What

The only reason anyone is taking this seriously is because people released screen caps....

And what don't destroy his life by releasing things he willingly sent to numerous young women... maybe he shouldn't have sent those messages.

And how does this weaken anything?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
He thinks the victims should handle this behind closed doors all quiet-like.

Yes that's one form of justice, in the letter-of-the-law kind of way.

But justice is also making it loud and clear that this behavior is not acceptable no matter who you are or what your station is so publicizing Signore's emails is a perfectly valid course of action.

Neece

Publicly showing what this kind of harassment looks like might cause some men to re-evaluate how they correspond with women online. I imagine the ones that do act just like Andy are officially on notice.

But beyond that, I’ve seen the twitter discussions and these caps have opened up a dialogue about harassment. More than a few women have said they let messages like that slide even after being weirded out but now see that what they were sent was not okay.

If you have to add " I hope I didn't weird you out" "make you unfortable lol" regularly then surely a sensible part of your brain must kick in and realise that's it's akin to "I'm not racist but...." ?

The really sad thing for me is that the fact he tries this so regularly means he has likely had some success, there's women out there who have been propositioned, accepted his advances and felt obliged to do so to further their careers. Fuck him for putting them in that position.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
The really sad thing for me is that the fact he tries this so regularly means he has likely had some success, there's women out there who have been propositioned, accepted his advances and felt obliged to do so to further their careers. Fuck him for putting them in that position.

Yep, he probably got lucky one time with this tactic and just kept doing it, hoping someone else would bite even if he had to try 20 times.

Hesh

What an absolutely disgusting human being. Here's hoping he gets blackballed but I already have my sigh of disappointment ready for when he inevitably fails upwards since that always happens in Los Angeles. Defy's HR team needs to be shitcanned, too. What they did goes far beyond gross negligence and those people should never work in human resources ever again.

Andy Signore the kind of guy who would go "sorry if I hurt u...thought u wanted my D... let's keep this between us ...please don't hate me...I thought u crying meant u wanted it more...I didn't mean to weird you out lol"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom