• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stardew Valley immediately takes the #1 spot on the eshop

Shahadan

In a matter of hours the port has reached number 1 across the world and left other releases in the dust

#1 in NA, UK, DE, NZ, AUS, Mexico, South Africa, etc
#3 in France because no localization, lol (still climbing though)
Not released in Japan yet despite the language being supported

I like checking the charts on my various accounts on a regular basis and this is the first time I've seen this happen. Even Minecraft and Sonic Mania needed a few days or had more trouble in some territories.

Keep in mind that like Golf Story, the release date was announced just 2-3 days before actual release and that the eshop charts display the best selling games during the last two weeks

Stardew seems perfectly suited for on the go gameplay

Is it the same game as the PC version, or are there any changes or additional content?

Cutebrute

Stardew seems perfectly suited for on the go gameplay

Is it the same game as the PC version, or are there any changes or additional content?

I believe this version introduces co-op play as a timed console exclusive feature.

Edit: I'm wrong for now. That will come first to switch in a future patch.

it was impressive for golf story to even make it to the top stop to begin with even if it was just for a few days

i’m glad stardew is successful. it’s still one of the most remarkable games i’ve ever played and i still can’t believe it was made by one dude

can’t wait to get home and dive into this version

HowZatOZ

Banned
So fucking keen for this, got tomorrow off work and I'm taking a flight down to Melbourne Monday so it is so perfect.

random25

Really amazing results. We all know it's been the most anticipated e-shop title since it was hinted to be ported to Switch, and it's really great that the hype translated well to sales.

Glassboy

Good game and all but do we really need a thread everytime a new switch games hits number #1 on the eshop charts?

ZeroX03

Banned
Yeah just saw that. He’s made all that money and will no doubt continue to power away at making Stardew even better.

Bought the game on PS4 and Switch but haven’t started yet. Trying to finish Metroid and Golf Story first.

AGoodODST

That's cool.

Pretty interested in it myself but never really got into Harvest Moon. Bought Axiom Verge instead.

Maybe give Stardew a go after Mario. Too many games!

jariw

I'd interested in what numbers this translates to. With the 3 big eShop hits the last weeks (Steamworld Dig 2, Golf Story, Stardew Valley), I guess we're now talking above 100,000 units WW for each one of them, even though none of them are yet available in Japan (AFAIK?).

Rosur2a

That's cool.

Pretty interested in it myself but never really got into Harvest Moon. Bought Axiom Verge instead.

Maybe give Stardew a go after Mario. Too many games!

Yea too many games I got Steam World Dig 2 instead of Stardew, thinking Stardew will be a great game for my Christmas break now.

Nice.

So within hours Stardew valley passed two weeks' worth of SteamWorld Dig 2 sales (that launched 15 days ago, so not quite its LTD)

and Golf Story's LTD sales (which passed SteamWorld Dig 2 itself)

Crazy.

Ronaldo is yelling at those gosh darn indie games
DLaAu5hW0AADLF-.jpg

Joco

I'll be curious to see how Hollow Knight does when it makes it to the Switch. These indie titles seem well suited to the platform.

ksamedi

It’s pretty strange to see ‘big retail’ games have hardly any presence in the U.K. charts.

They do hve a presence, but they have physical sales too, so the digital shop represents a small portion of the sales, probably not more then 20 percent of the total. Digital only games have only diitsl sales, though, so you will see much higher sales numbers for those.

kami_sama

This is fucking great!
I love how the switch is being the home for so many great indie games.
And to boot, they seem to be selling better than in other platforms!

charliePure

Neo Member
Went to buy it on the eshop today with paypal... some con artist has opened a claim via ebay so I can't use my PayPal for purchases! Double ruined my day!

Majora

It's pretty strange to see ‘big retail' games have hardly any presence in the U.K. charts.

Not really, UK retail is very competitive on prices compared to digital. You can pick up any new release for 10-15 pound cheaper at retail than digital which means a lot of people only buy the indie stuff digital. Which is good for their visibility on the store at least.

SuperSah

Banned
I must ask, is this a good game?

How does it work? I have never played HM and the trailer gives me those nice fuzzy Animal Crossing vibes. Anyone kind enough to give me the basic rundown?

Zedark

First place in Dutch chart as well, sounds like a successful endeavour.

Edit: It's only 14 euros, too. Think I will take the dive, looking at all the great reviews it has everywhere.

King_Moc

Banned
Went to buy it on the eshop today with paypal... some con artist has opened a claim via ebay so I can't use my PayPal for purchases! Double ruined my day!

Exactly the same thing happened to me. Said he hadn't received the item, but the tracking number shows he signed for it 2 weeks ago. What a prick.

Top Bottom