• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Lemonz
(10-06-2017, 08:02 PM)

A Georgia grand jury indicted Sheriff Jeff Hobby and two deputies for their part in a Worth County High School high school raid.

For the next four hours, 40 uniformed officers — the entire staff of the Worth County Sheriff’s Office — fanned through the school in Sylvester, ordering students against the walls of classrooms and hallways, demanding the students hand over their cellphones.

All 900 students were searched, part of a drug sweep ordered by Sheriff Jeff Hobby, according to court documents.

He did not have a warrant. He had a “target list” of 12 suspected drug users. Only three of the names were in school that day, April 14.

By noon, when cellphones were handed back and classes resumed, no drugs had been found.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.79dbebd47e17
ClosingADoor
(10-06-2017, 08:06 PM)
Holy shit, what the hell is wrong with that police department.

The class-action lawsuit — filed on behalf of nine unnamed students — laid out detailed allegations of groping during the school search. One student recounted that a deputy “looked down the back and front” of the student’s dress, then “slid her hands” over her pelvic area and “cupped” the student’s “vaginal area and buttocks,” according to the legal complaint.

Another male student recounted a deputy “moving his fingers back and forth” from his pockets to his groin, the lawsuit stated. The deputy’s fingertips touched the student’s “penis and testicles, over clothes, four to five times.”

A third student recounted how a deputy “reached up under” her shirt, “lifted her bra, and touched her bare breasts, including her nipples.”

In June, when the lawsuit was filed, one of the teenagers recounted his ordeal to The Post. The deputy “came up under my privates and then he grabbed my testicles twice,” the student said. “I wanted to turn around and tell him to stop touching me. I wanted it to be over and I just wanted to call my dad because I knew something wasn’t right.”

This is mass sexual assault from the police.
Ludovico
(10-06-2017, 08:07 PM)
Good - throw the book at them.
Hoping some level of justice is served here.
PepsimanVsJoe
(10-06-2017, 08:07 PM)
Jesus Christ.

Just shut it all down.
5taquitos
(10-06-2017, 08:08 PM)

Originally Posted by ClosingADoor

Just some bad apples.

You know, an entire department of them.

Fuck these pigs.
Gallbaro
(10-06-2017, 08:09 PM)
For the benefit of this thread, the county is about 60% black.
Slayven
gimme some o dat God-crafted alabaster greatness
(10-06-2017, 08:10 PM)
Had to look up where this was, yeah this is a no mans land.
kmfdmpig
(10-06-2017, 08:11 PM)
More quality protecting and serving in 2017. Hope the whole lot are fired and charged.
super-famicom
(10-06-2017, 08:13 PM)
Fuck, fire them all.
Spork4000
I went to that county a decent amount as a kid, ass end of nowhere, the kind of place where time stands still and someone delusional enough to think this is okay could get power. I’m honestly shocked anything was done but glad we have an indictment.
Volimar
Pretty disgusting. A department of molesters.
Saint Gregory
What in the world, how does something like this even...

Originally Posted by Gallbaro

Oh, OK.
Taco_Human
(10-06-2017, 08:14 PM)

Seriously? Wow. I don't know what to say besides fuck em.
Hollywood Duo
(10-06-2017, 08:14 PM)
Messing with kids always gets you in trouble. That was what shut Milo down too.
The Faceless Master
(10-06-2017, 08:16 PM)

40 uniformed officers — the entire staff of the Worth County Sheriff’s Office

#

N

O

T

A

L

L

C

O

P

S
Enzom21
(10-06-2017, 08:18 PM)
So many "good" deputies.
chicken_pasta

Originally Posted by The Faceless Master

#

N

O

T

A

L

L

C

O

P

S

100% of a certain police department is a pretty tiny sample size ok.
GhaleonEB
I hate the headlines and the weather

For the next four hours, 40 uniformed officers — the entire staff of the Worth County Sheriff’s Office

All the good cops stayed behind in the department office. Good for them.

Every single one of those 40 should be in jail. This is straight up sexual assault of those kids.
plagiarize

I'm going to hazard a wild guess that less than 60% of the Sheriff's Office is also black.
Jackpot
(10-06-2017, 08:19 PM)
An entire police department illegally locks down a school so they can have a massive grope-fest.

If they had put that in one of those Charles Bronson exploitation films I'd have thought the writers were going too far.
TheCochese

Originally Posted by Spork4000

I went to that county a decent amount as a kid, ass end of nowhere, the kind of place where time stands still and someone delusional enough to think this is okay could get power. I’m honestly shocked anything was done but glad we have an indictment.

Can confirm.
____
I sometimes wonder what these fucking criminals' thought processes are during the planning of these crimes.
Lambtron
(10-06-2017, 08:20 PM)
Remove cops from schools until we completely abolish the police.
LakeEarth
(10-06-2017, 08:20 PM)
"Not all cops!"

This was literally all of the cops.
cameron
(10-06-2017, 08:22 PM)
"Not all police departments!"
Stinkles
Clothed, sober, cooperative
(10-06-2017, 08:22 PM)
How could you be an adult with a high school education and not realize this was fucked?
perfectchaos007
(10-06-2017, 08:23 PM)
Can't tell if we should blame our police or the war on drugs for what transpired
Enzom21
(10-06-2017, 08:24 PM)
It's scary how the demographics of the city and the demographics of the local government mirror Ferguson.
Too bad we have a white supremacist running the DOJ.
http://worthit2u.net/worthoriginal/2...worth-news-67/
NastyBook
Either. That shit that make your soul burn slow, or not.
Used to play the Worth County Rams back in my High School days. Fuck these worthless, WS scum.
5taquitos

Originally Posted by perfectchaos007

Can't tell if we should blame our police or the war on drugs for what transpired

whynotboth.gif
DavidDesu
(10-06-2017, 08:25 PM)

Originally Posted by ClosingADoor

Beyond fucked up. When they say deputy was that a male cupping a girls bare breasts? Not much better if it's a female but fucking hell if it's a male. Literal mass sexual assaults of kids (and still sexual assault for any that were not legally kids of course).

America has a fucking insane problem with their police. And people think you don't have the potential for your police to overnight become a militarised wing of a fascist government... Half way there.
Saint Gregory

Originally Posted by Jackpot

An entire police department illegally locks down a school so they can have a massive grope-fest.

If they had put that in one of those Charles Bronson exploitation films I'd have thought the writers were going too far.

This made me laugh and then feel sad :(
The Faceless Master

and the sheriff's dept?
Spork4000
Also if you guys remember that story about the college police chief who said “rape doesn’t happen here,” this is literally the next county over.

The whole corner of the state is a cornucopia of fuckery.
Eyeh4wk

He did not have a warrant. He had a “target list” of 12 suspected drug users. Only three of the names were in school that day, April 14.

Jesus Christ, even if half the students were drug dealers this shouldn't be acceptable.

Originally Posted by super-famicom

Fuck, fire them all.

Yes, fire them all into the sun please.
KarmaCow
(10-06-2017, 08:27 PM)
What were the teachers and other school staff doing while this happened?

“The sheriff’s position is that he’s not guilty,” Hobby’s attorney, Norman Crowe Jr., told the news outlet. The sheriff was at the school for the raid but personally did not touch students, the lawyer maintained. “He’s committed no crime.”

The search brought unwanted national attention on the department. As the controversy broke, Hobby gave an off-camera interview to WALB in which he said the searches were legal because school administrators were present.

In a statement released on April 18, Hobby elaborated that in “the weeks leading up to April 14, the Sheriff’s Office received information and complaints from the citizens of Worth County regarding illegal drugs at the high school. The Sheriff contacted the Superintendent of the Worth County School District and the Principal of the high school to inform them of the situation and the Principal and the Sheriff agreed on the day of the pat down.”

School officials, however, have countered the idea they were willing participants in om Hobby’s plans.

“We did not give permission but they didn’t ask for permission,” Interim Worth County Superintendent Lawrence Walters told WALB after the raid. “He just said, the sheriff, that he was going to do it after spring break.”

“I don’t think anybody in the school system had any idea that it would be of the nature of what actually happened,” Tommy Coleman, a lawyer for the school district, told The Washington Post in June. “I’ve been doing this a long time, and I’ve never heard of anybody doing that kind of thing.”

This is some real horseshit from all involved.
Last edited by KarmaCow; 10-06-2017 at 08:31 PM.
rjinaz

Originally Posted by GhaleonEB

All the good cops stayed behind in the department office. Good for them.

Every single one of those 40 should be in jail. This is straight up sexual assault of those kids.

heheh

A whole department. This is insane. I hope the sheriff relocates to another state and the deputies all get vacations.
shintoki
sparkle this bitch
Entire department needs to be registered as sexual offenders.
Enzom21

Originally Posted by The Faceless Master

and the sheriff's dept?

Probably the same as their local government.
http://worthit2u.net/worthoriginal/2...worth-news-67/
cdyhybrid
(10-06-2017, 08:28 PM)

Of course.

Why didn't the good cops stop them? Where's J-Rzez to tell us why this is okay?
The Kree
Look all these rotten trees.
Master Yoshi
As a parent, and someone who was once a teenager, fuck this police department.
darscot
I can't even imagine something like this happening. Was the school swarmed with news crews, lawyers and raging parents. This would be the lead story nationwide in Canada.
Cat Party
(10-06-2017, 08:29 PM)
This is so insanely and obviously illegal I am actually amazed they did it. It's not like there was any chance they could get away with it.
Fenderputty
(10-06-2017, 08:30 PM)
Drugs: a gateway to being sexually assaulted
MightyHedgehog
Welcome to the Wasteland.
I hope you're wearing your flak vest!
What the fuck?! Send these cops to prison.
Alcotholic
No one can read this and tell me that the Police in the US aren't fucked up.
JoeBoy101
The Police Department's actions were reprehensible, but WHAT THE FUCK at the school administration approving of this shit?!? No fucking warrant, nothing.

"Sure, pat down ALL our students."

I know I like in a more progressive cell in the South, but I can't imagine a single Principal or Asst. Principal in this sizable country agreeing to this shit.

EDIT: I stand somewhat corrected:

Originally Posted by Article

“We did not give permission but they didn’t ask for permission,” Interim Worth County Superintendent Lawrence Walters told WALB after the raid. “He just said, the sheriff, that he was going to do it after spring break.”

“I don’t think anybody in the school system had any idea that it would be of the nature of what actually happened,” Tommy Coleman, a lawyer for the school district, told The Washington Post in June. “I’ve been doing this a long time, and I’ve never heard of anybody doing that kind of thing.”

I know they didn't ask for permission from the administration, but they didn't have a warrant. Rolling over and showing your belly instead of protecting your kids. Gotcha.
Last edited by JoeBoy101; 10-06-2017 at 08:33 PM.
Kevtones
(10-06-2017, 08:31 PM)
Holy fuck.
The Faceless Master
(10-06-2017, 08:31 PM)
just realized i've driven thru that county a few times.

got warned in advance to strictly obey the speed limits as you don't want to get pulled over on 82