• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Patrick Bateman
Member
(10-06-2017, 09:26 PM)
Patrick Bateman's Avatar
Im just watching Man of Steel for the first time and just dont get it.

Why are truck drivers who are like one head shorter than Kent picking a fight with him?
I mean they dont even know its Superman, but come on. That guy is like over 62 and pretty muscular.
You dont wanna fight with someone like that or are people really that dense?
Sephzilla
Member
(10-06-2017, 09:27 PM)
Sephzilla's Avatar
Because people are stupid, and this includes Clark
BronsonLee
Banned
(10-06-2017, 09:27 PM)
Cause he's a fuckin' geek with glasses, I could take 'em
itwasTuesday
He wasn't alone.
(10-06-2017, 09:28 PM)
itwasTuesday's Avatar
NoblesseOblige
Member
(10-06-2017, 09:28 PM)
NoblesseOblige's Avatar
Because he looks soft.
SCULLIBUNDO
MEMBER
(10-06-2017, 09:28 PM)
SCULLIBUNDO's Avatar

Originally Posted by itwasTuesday

Fucking perfect.
Zabka
Member
(10-06-2017, 09:29 PM)
Zabka's Avatar

Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman

Im just watching Man of Steel for the first time and just dont get it.

Why are truck drivers who are like one head shorter than Kent picking a fight with him?
I mean they dont even know its Superman, but come on. That guy is like over 62 and pretty muscular.
You dont wanna fight with someone like that or are people really that dense?

Some large folks learn restraint at a young age so as not to harm people and assholes prey on that.
MisterHero
Super Member
(10-06-2017, 09:29 PM)
MisterHero's Avatar
He started every fight. He's a giant a-hole

Pete Ross because Lana liked Clark more.
That guy at the bar because he asked him to leave.
Lex Luthor for just existing.
SalvaPot
Member
(10-06-2017, 09:29 PM)
SalvaPot's Avatar
Nerds can't fight.
Enzom21
Member
(10-06-2017, 09:30 PM)
Enzom21's Avatar

Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman

Im just watching Man of Steel for the first time and just dont get it.

Why are truck drivers who are like one head shorter than Kent picking a fight with him?
I mean they dont even know its Superman, but come on. That guy is like over 62 and pretty muscular.
You dont wanna fight with someone like that or are people really that dense?

Beer confidence and a short man's complex are a bad combination.
LiveFromKyoto
make it rain, motherfucker
(10-06-2017, 09:30 PM)
LiveFromKyoto's Avatar

Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman

Im just watching Man of Steel for the first time and just dont get it.

Why are truck drivers who are like one head shorter than Kent picking a fight with him?
I mean they dont even know its Superman, but come on. That guy is like over 62 and pretty muscular.
You dont wanna fight with someone like that or are people really that dense?

Actually, people who are big and don't project confidence get smaller guys trying to pick on them all the time to feel like they can shove someone larger around.
jack_package_200
Banned
(10-06-2017, 09:31 PM)
Because he was working. I have had so many people give me shit while I was working who know full well that I can't retaliate/escalate.

People are dicks.
Tonedeff
Member
(10-06-2017, 09:31 PM)
Tonedeff's Avatar
Real men don't give a shit about stuff like that. You wanna hit him, hit him, even if you have to jump to reach his face
Nightwing123
Member
(10-06-2017, 09:31 PM)
Nightwing123's Avatar

Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman


Why are truck drivers who are like one head shorter than Kent picking a fight with him?
I mean they don‘t even know it‘s Superman, but come on. That guy is like over 6‘2“ and pretty muscular.

I'm pretty sure Henry Cavill is 6'1 or 6 but I get your point. This is a bad/mediocre movie, so I don't expect much to make much sense. The guy is just probably a random jerk.
Fancyarcher
Member
(10-06-2017, 09:33 PM)
Everyone thinks he's a dweeb. They don't realize he has super-strength.
Sgt. Kabukiman
Banned
(10-06-2017, 09:33 PM)
It's that Cavill chest. It makes lesser men insecure and they lash out.
Dash_Riprock
Member
(10-06-2017, 09:34 PM)
Dash_Riprock's Avatar
Because the movie was written and directed by imbeciles.
George Oscar Bluth II
Banned
(10-06-2017, 09:34 PM)
He's Superdick. Fucked up the guys truck for that.
Patrick Bateman
Member
(10-06-2017, 09:35 PM)
Patrick Bateman's Avatar

Originally Posted by jack_package_200

Because he was working. I have had so many people give me shit while I was working who know full well that I can't retaliate/escalate.

People are dicks.

You are probably right now that I think about it.
Beings worker depending on customers is very different.

Originally Posted by Nightwing123

I'm pretty sure Henry Cavill is 6'1 or 6 but I get your point. This is a bad/mediocre movie, so I don't expect much to make much sense. The guy is just probably a jerk.

I was just guessing with his height.
Sulik2
Member
(10-06-2017, 09:35 PM)
Sulik2's Avatar
He is nice and soft spoken. Thats pretty realistic for what hot headed bullies with a couple of beers in them target. Regardless of size.
KarmaCow
Member
(10-06-2017, 09:37 PM)
Because they really needed to hammer home how much Superman needs to restrain himself just in case you didn't get it from pretty much everything else in the movie.
Cyan
Banned
(10-06-2017, 09:37 PM)
Cyan's Avatar
They wanted a fun moment where he does some wacky super-strength thing, and the other guy had to be the aggressor or else wrapping the truck around a pole or whatever it was would just look like him being a bully jerk instead of an overreacting jerk.
HeatBoost
Member
(10-06-2017, 09:38 PM)
it's a movie whose plot doesn't hold up to a lot of scrutiny, in many ways, is why
The Kree
Banned
(10-06-2017, 09:38 PM)
I grew up with a guy who was 6'7", 260 pounds by the time he was 15. He was a sweet dude, got along with everybody, but bullies tested him all the time. He almost went to jail once for defending himself a little too effectively because his size made him look guilty.
jayu26
Member
(10-06-2017, 09:39 PM)
jayu26's Avatar

Originally Posted by itwasTuesday

Truly Simpsons has image and gifs for everything.
WrenchNinja
Member
(10-06-2017, 09:40 PM)
Because America
Kinyou
Member
(10-06-2017, 09:40 PM)
Kinyou's Avatar
Come on, guys. That dudes truck had it coming.
DUFFMCWALIN
Member
(10-06-2017, 09:40 PM)
DUFFMCWALIN's Avatar

Originally Posted by LiveFromKyoto

Actually, people who are big and don't project confidence get smaller guys trying to pick on them all the time to feel like they can shove someone larger around.

Yuuup.
Beerman462
Banned
(10-06-2017, 09:42 PM)
Small man complex. Also

Talk shit no fight. He wins.

Talk shit win fight. He wins.

Talk shit lose fight. Did you see how big that guy was? I ain't scared. He wins.
Patrick Bateman
Member
(10-06-2017, 09:43 PM)
Patrick Bateman's Avatar

Originally Posted by KarmaCow

Because they really needed to hammer home how much Superman needs to restrain himself just in case you didn't get it from pretty much everything else in the movie.

I dont care. He shouldve punched his head off. Or carved a hole in it with his laser vision.
rashbeep
Member
(10-06-2017, 09:43 PM)
rashbeep's Avatar

Originally Posted by itwasTuesday

lmfao
zeemumu
Member
(10-06-2017, 09:45 PM)
zeemumu's Avatar
Most older superhero movies have that obligatory "pick a fight with the hero's alter ego" moment.



Bruce and Joker did it in the first Tim Burton Batman

Peter and Flash did it in Spider-Man

Johnny Blaze did it in Ghost Rider

This is pretty much all that ever happens to Bruce Banner in every single Hulk film

They even did it in Catwoman with her annoying neighbors

Iron Fist's fist seems to rely on people doing this to him

Elektra did this to Matt Murdock in Daredevil

It's a running joke with Luke Cage

Tony usually brings it on himself

Saitama's whole life is this in One Punch Man

I don't know how many mutants' backstories start with "I got in a fight and accidentally unleashed my power" and Wolverine spends enough time in bars for this to be commonplace
Yoritomo
Member
(10-06-2017, 09:55 PM)

Originally Posted by zeemumu

Most older superhero movies have that obligatory "pick a fight with the hero's alter ego" moment.



Bruce and Joker did it in the first Tim Burton Batman

Peter and Flash did it in Spider-Man

Johnny Blaze did it in Ghost Rider

This is pretty much all that ever happens to Bruce Banner in every single Hulk film

They even did it in Catwoman with her annoying neighbors

Iron Fist's fist seems to rely on people doing this to him

Elektra did this to Matt Murdock in Daredevil

It's a running joke with Luke Cage

Tony usually brings it on himself

Saitama's whole life is this in One Punch Man

I don't know how many mutants' backstories start with "I got in a fight and accidentally unleashed my power" and Wolverine spends enough time in bars for this to be commonplace

Nerd vengeance power fantasy.

"Ender's game really speaks to me..."
PHOENIXZERO
Member
(10-06-2017, 09:57 PM)
PHOENIXZERO's Avatar
Because they wanted Clark to put that guy's truck (or the company he worked for's truck) into that utility pole and that was the set up. You know, for the luls.
BlastCore
Banned
(10-06-2017, 09:58 PM)
Everyone who wears glasses can't fight for shit. We all know that.
Slaythe
Member
(10-06-2017, 09:58 PM)
Slaythe's Avatar
The real answer is :

He's a customer.

If Clark hits the customer he's fired.

So he was testing him and trying to play tough.
Calabi
Member
(10-06-2017, 10:00 PM)
Calabi's Avatar

Originally Posted by George Oscar Bluth II

He's Superdick. Fucked up the guys truck for that.

He is, he has super reflexes he could have avoided that dunking using minimal speed and, he wouldn't have looked weird.

When he wrecked that guys Truck, thats when I new he wasnt a good guy.
PK Gaming
Member
(10-06-2017, 10:00 PM)
It worked in comics where the artists could portray Clark Kent as this meek, unassuming poindexter with ugly glasses and a lack of presence and shift into the more "heroic" and "powerful" superman on a dime. It doesn't work out too well in real life for obvious reasons.
SpaceWolf
Banned
(10-06-2017, 10:00 PM)
Why does anyone pick a fight with someone who's bigger than them?

This isn't really a Superman specific quandary.
Izuna
Member
(10-06-2017, 10:02 PM)
Izuna's Avatar
Movie is bad, don't finish it.
itwasTuesday
He wasn't alone.
(10-06-2017, 10:02 PM)
itwasTuesday's Avatar

Originally Posted by SpaceWolf

Why does anyone pick a fight with someone who's bigger than them?

This isn't really a Superman specific quandary.

It's like when you go into the raid under leveled but still beat the boss.
googleplex
Member
(10-06-2017, 10:03 PM)
googleplex's Avatar

Originally Posted by Calabi

He is, he has super reflexes he could have avoided that dunking using minimal speed and, he wouldn't have looked weird.

When he wrecked that guys Truck, thats when I new he wasnt a good guy
.

Ironically, it was Clack at his most human.
Kinyou
Member
(10-06-2017, 10:04 PM)
Kinyou's Avatar

Originally Posted by zeemumu

This is pretty much all that ever happens to Bruce Banner in every single Hulk film

I'd love to see someone pick a fight with the Hulk

"What you looking at green guy? Yeah, you!"
lamaroo
Member
(10-06-2017, 10:06 PM)

Originally Posted by Kinyou

I'd love to see someone pick a fight with the Hulk

"What you looking at green guy? Yeah, you!"

"He's got purple cut offs on, what a loser!"
Finaika
Member
(10-06-2017, 10:06 PM)
Finaika's Avatar
https://youtu.be/isfn4OxCPQs
Cyan
Banned
(10-06-2017, 10:07 PM)
Cyan's Avatar

Originally Posted by zeemumu

Most older superhero movies have that obligatory "pick a fight with the hero's alter ego" moment.



Bruce and Joker did it in the first Tim Burton Batman

Peter and Flash did it in Spider-Man

Johnny Blaze did it in Ghost Rider

This is pretty much all that ever happens to Bruce Banner in every single Hulk film

They even did it in Catwoman with her annoying neighbors

Iron Fist's fist seems to rely on people doing this to him

Elektra did this to Matt Murdock in Daredevil

It's a running joke with Luke Cage

Tony usually brings it on himself

Saitama's whole life is this in One Punch Man

I don't know how many mutants' backstories start with "I got in a fight and accidentally unleashed my power" and Wolverine spends enough time in bars for this to be commonplace

Yep! If it's not the turn-the-table-on-a-bully scene it's the you-just-mugged-the-wrong-guy scene.
supermarioworldE
Banned
(10-06-2017, 10:09 PM)
Because the movie needs some assholes to pick on Clark so he can look like the humble Jesus figure.

Y'know, the same Jesus that would impale trucks with logs out of frustration.
Patrick Bateman
Member
(10-06-2017, 10:11 PM)
Patrick Bateman's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kinyou

I'd love to see someone pick a fight with the Hulk

"What you looking at green guy? Yeah, you!"

Wasnt this pretty much the scene with him and Loki in the first Avengers-movie?
Discotheque
Banned
(10-06-2017, 10:12 PM)
Discotheque's Avatar

Originally Posted by itwasTuesday

lmao. basically.

also fuck that dude and his truck btw.
liquidtmd
Banned
(10-06-2017, 10:13 PM)
Lol whenever I get depressed at the Simpsons drop in quality, I stay warm in the knowledge they literally did everything

Thread Tools