• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Sweeney Tom
Member
(10-07-2017, 05:43 PM)
Sweeney Tom's Avatar
TMZ broke the news http://www.tmz.com/2017/10/07/nelly-...pe-washington/

Nelly has been arrested for allegedly raping a woman ... TMZ has learned.

Law enforcement sources tell us, a woman claims she was raped on the rapper's tour bus in Washington, where he's been performing. Nelly is on a tour with Florida Georgia Line and they are set to perform Saturday night in Ridgefield, Washington.

We're told the alleged rape occurred Saturday morning at around 3:45 AM. We're told she specifically said Nelly is the one who raped her.

Nelly was booked on second degree rape charges Saturday morning at around 7 AM. It appears he was in custody at the time of this post.

Haines
Junior Member
(10-07-2017, 05:44 PM)
Haines's Avatar
Holy hell.
zeemumu
Member
(10-07-2017, 05:44 PM)
zeemumu's Avatar
Damn it Nelly
Alter_Fridge
Member
(10-07-2017, 05:45 PM)
Alter_Fridge's Avatar
I've seen this episode of Law and Order: SVU
ianpm31
Banned
(10-07-2017, 05:46 PM)
Yeah ok. Not sure I believe the girl
Alter_Fridge
Member
(10-07-2017, 05:46 PM)
Alter_Fridge's Avatar
I hope no one in this thread is jumping to a conclusion one way or the other
DaytimeWhiskey
Member
(10-07-2017, 05:46 PM)
DaytimeWhiskey's Avatar

Originally Posted by ianpm31

Yeah ok. Not sure I believe the girl

Here we go again with this shit
PBY
(10-07-2017, 05:47 PM)
PBY's Avatar

Originally Posted by ianpm31

Yeah ok. Not sure I believe the girl

Uh we can wait for facts but wtf
weekev
Member
(10-07-2017, 05:47 PM)
weekev's Avatar
Itís getting hot in here
GreatestHits
Banned
(10-07-2017, 05:47 PM)

Originally Posted by Alter_Fridge

I hope no one in this thread is jumping to a conclusion one way or the other

Bahahahaha
Lil'DigiOp
Member
(10-07-2017, 05:47 PM)
Lil'DigiOp's Avatar
You never wanna be accused with rape. This is shitty.
Volimar
Member
(10-07-2017, 05:47 PM)
Volimar's Avatar

Originally Posted by ianpm31

Yeah ok. Not sure I believe the girl


Maybe hold off for more info before calling anyone a liar?
Alter_Fridge
Member
(10-07-2017, 05:48 PM)
Alter_Fridge's Avatar

Originally Posted by DaytimeWhiskey

Here we go again with this shit

Innocent until proven guilty surely
Bits N Pieces
Member
(10-07-2017, 05:48 PM)
Bits N Pieces's Avatar

Originally Posted by ianpm31

Yeah ok. Not sure I believe the girl

Pardon?
OpinionatedCyborg
Thread Clinging Troll
(10-07-2017, 05:48 PM)
OpinionatedCyborg's Avatar

Originally Posted by Lil'DigiOp

You never wanna be accused with rape. This is shitty.

True, but if I had to choose between being raped and being accused, I'll take the latter.
elrechazado
Member
(10-07-2017, 05:48 PM)
elrechazado's Avatar

Originally Posted by Alter_Fridge

I hope no one in this thread is jumping to a conclusion one way or the other

Arrests require that the authorities have probable cause. It's a nice strawman to compare to the other thread, but a person writing on Twitter that Nelly raped them, and the police issuing a warrant and making an arrest are presumptively two extremely different things.
Amagon
Member
(10-07-2017, 05:49 PM)
Amagon's Avatar
Whoa nelly!
AJLma
Member
(10-07-2017, 05:49 PM)

Originally Posted by Alter_Fridge

Innocent until proven guilty.

.
sfedai0
Member
(10-07-2017, 05:49 PM)
Famous music star that has girls throwing themselves at him and he has to go and commit rape?
Volimar
Member
(10-07-2017, 05:49 PM)
Volimar's Avatar

Originally Posted by Bits N Pieces

Pardon?


I think (hope) they're trolling because of the discussion in the screen junkies thread.
gogosox82
Member
(10-07-2017, 05:50 PM)
gogosox82's Avatar

Originally Posted by ianpm31

Yeah ok. Not sure I believe the girl

Seriously? How can you say that when you literally know nothing about what happened? Some people man.
DontBeThatGuy
Member
(10-07-2017, 05:50 PM)
DontBeThatGuy's Avatar

Originally Posted by ianpm31

Yeah ok. Not sure I believe the girl

You lampooning something?
Sweeney Tom
Member
(10-07-2017, 05:51 PM)
Sweeney Tom's Avatar

Originally Posted by Alter_Fridge

Innocent until proven guilty surely

Explicitly and immediately saying you don't believe the girl is saying you're finding her guilty of lying without proof
ianpm31
Banned
(10-07-2017, 05:51 PM)

Originally Posted by Volimar

Maybe hold off for more info before calling anyone a liar?

Of course we'll see what happens when more info comes out. But these guys don't need to rape anybody there are plenty of groupies to go around
Bits N Pieces
Member
(10-07-2017, 05:52 PM)
Bits N Pieces's Avatar

Originally Posted by Volimar

I think (hope) they're trolling because of the discussion in the screen junkies thread.

Oh, I haven't been in that thread. Even still, its a pretty fucked up thing to be making light of.
Veon
Junior Member
(10-07-2017, 05:52 PM)

Originally Posted by ianpm31

Yeah ok. Not sure I believe the girl

I'm sure that you could've phase this in a better way.
Omadahl
Member
(10-07-2017, 05:52 PM)
Omadahl's Avatar
Wow. Zero to victim blaming in record time. Let's wait for the facts shall we?
PBY
(10-07-2017, 05:52 PM)
PBY's Avatar

Originally Posted by ianpm31

Of course we'll see what happens when more info comes out. But these guys don't need to rape anybody there are plenty of groupies to go around

Jesus fuck
Alter_Fridge
Member
(10-07-2017, 05:52 PM)
Alter_Fridge's Avatar
Any woman could pick up the phone and cry rape to the cops and the guy would get arrested 100 times out of 100

But let's just go with guilty shall we
Volimar
Member
(10-07-2017, 05:53 PM)
Volimar's Avatar

Originally Posted by ianpm31

Of course we'll see what happens when more info comes out. But these guys don't need to rape anybody there are plenty of groupies to go around


Rape isn't about sex, it's about power.
elrechazado
Member
(10-07-2017, 05:53 PM)
elrechazado's Avatar
Please stop falling for the sarcasm.
DeathyBoy
A lot of loyalty for a hired gun!
(10-07-2017, 05:53 PM)
DeathyBoy's Avatar

Originally Posted by ianpm31

Of course we'll see what happens when more info comes out. But these guys don't need to rape anybody there are plenty of groupies to go around

What the fuck is wrong with you?

Originally Posted by elrechazado

Please stop falling for the sarcasm.

If they're being sarcastic, then they're still pretty low on the totem pole.
Alter_Fridge
Member
(10-07-2017, 05:53 PM)
Alter_Fridge's Avatar

Originally Posted by Volimar

Rape isn't about sex, it's about power.

Not every time, I guess?
If a girl changes her mind half way through and wants to stop, you are now raping her in her mind
PBY
(10-07-2017, 05:54 PM)
PBY's Avatar

Originally Posted by Alter_Fridge

Any woman could pick up the phone and cry rape to the cops and the guy would get arrested 100 times out of 100

But let's just go with guilty shall we

Are you completely blind to the reality of how these things usually work? Statistically speaking this isn't the case.

Also. No ones going with "guilty" - people are just reacting to those calling her a liar.
Reila
Member
(10-07-2017, 05:54 PM)
Reila's Avatar
Ah, I like his songs. But if is a rapist, I am never listening to him again.
Which is a shame as some of his songs were so memorable in my teenager years.

Originally Posted by ianpm31

Yeah ok. Not sure I believe the girl

...
weekev
Member
(10-07-2017, 05:54 PM)
weekev's Avatar

Originally Posted by Alter_Fridge

Any woman could pick up the phone and cry rape to the cops and the guy would get arrested 100 times out of 100

But let's just go with guilty shall we

Letís go with letting the authorities pull together the facts and presenting the evidence to a jury of his peers who will consider the facts nd make a verdict before jumping to conclusions shall we?
SeanTSC
Member
(10-07-2017, 05:54 PM)
SeanTSC's Avatar

Originally Posted by ianpm31

Of course we'll see what happens when more info comes out. But these guys don't need to rape anybody there are plenty of groupies to go around

That has literally never stopped rape from happening.
Mammoth Jones
Member
(10-07-2017, 05:54 PM)
Mammoth Jones's Avatar

Originally Posted by ianpm31

Of course we'll see what happens when more info comes out. But these guys don't need to rape anybody there are plenty of groupies to go around

What the fuck.

That's not how this works.

That's not how any of this works.
Jebusman
Member
(10-07-2017, 05:54 PM)
Jebusman's Avatar

Originally Posted by elrechazado

Please stop falling for the sarcasm.

You know at some point ironic shitposting just becomes actual shitposting.

Rather than asking people to stop "falling" for it, maybe the people shitposting should stop?
ElectricBlanketFire
Too early for flapjacks?
(10-07-2017, 05:54 PM)
ElectricBlanketFire's Avatar

Originally Posted by ianpm31

Yeah ok. Not sure I believe the girl

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand here's why women are reluctant to report sexual assault.

Terrible.
AuthenticM
Member
(10-07-2017, 05:54 PM)
AuthenticM's Avatar

Originally Posted by ianpm31

Yeah ok. Not sure I believe the girl

"innocent until proven guilty" doesn't mean presuming the woman is a liar.
highrider
Member
(10-07-2017, 05:54 PM)
highrider's Avatar
If they had enough to arrest him that ainít good. Itís odd though that it would happen now, usually predator types exhibit this pattern throughout their life and Iíve never heard of him getting in trouble. My sympathies to the girl if this is in fact true.
Sub Boss
Member
(10-07-2017, 05:54 PM)
Sub Boss's Avatar

Originally Posted by ianpm31

Yeah ok. Not sure I believe the girl

We can start believen her until everything is clear, its ok.
DontBeThatGuy
Member
(10-07-2017, 05:54 PM)
DontBeThatGuy's Avatar

Originally Posted by ianpm31

Of course we'll see what happens when more info comes out. But these guys don't need to rape anybody there are plenty of groupies to go around

Rape is often more about power and control than simply the "need" for sex.
Keri
Member
(10-07-2017, 05:55 PM)
Keri's Avatar
It's unusual for an arrest to occur following a report of rape. Even more unusual for it to occur so quickly after the attack. That makes me inclined to think there's solid evidence against him.
double jump
you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
(10-07-2017, 05:55 PM)
double jump's Avatar
This is a bad look no matter what.
Dude Abides
Member
(10-07-2017, 05:56 PM)
Dude Abides's Avatar

Originally Posted by Alter_Fridge

Any woman could pick up the phone and cry rape to the cops and the guy would get arrested 100 times out of 100

But let's just go with guilty shall we

What a stupid thing to say.
M.J. Doja
Member
(10-07-2017, 05:56 PM)
M.J. Doja's Avatar
Damn, hope this shit's bogus. Really not trying to see Nelly get milkshake duck'd. If any other stories come out though, that would settle it for me.

If true though... fucked up. Don't abuse your status as a celebrity to fulfill some fucked up desire to rape your groupies. WTF is wrong with people.
elrechazado
Member
(10-07-2017, 05:56 PM)
elrechazado's Avatar

Originally Posted by Jebusman

You know at some point ironic shitposting just becomes actual shitposting.

Rather than asking people to stop "falling" for it, maybe the people shitposting should stop?

People should use /s tags if they're going to try it. I'm not a mod, so my opinions on how people should attempt to make their points, whether with dark sarcasm or straight seriousness isn't really relevant.
Pai Pai Master
Member
(10-07-2017, 05:56 PM)
Pai Pai Master's Avatar

Originally Posted by Alter_Fridge

If a girl changes her mind half way through and wants to stop, you are now raping her in her mind

"In her mind?"

No, that is the definition of rape. What the fuck is wrong with you.
Last edited by Pai Pai Master; 10-07-2017 at 05:59 PM.

Thread Tools