• TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Barren Mind
(10-07-2017, 10:12 PM)
Ominous.
Zolo
(10-07-2017, 10:13 PM)
Yeah. At this point, I'll worry about Trump's threats as much as I worried about NK's for the last 15 years.

I'd be more worried about him getting into a war with Iran than NK.
MayMay
Banned
(10-07-2017, 10:13 PM)
Homicidal Orange
ZombiePlatypus
(10-07-2017, 10:14 PM)
This is how the world ends. At the feet of two manchildren.
LookAtMeGo
(10-07-2017, 10:14 PM)
This war will have the greatest ratings.
Dice//
(10-07-2017, 10:15 PM)
So long as innocent people aren't killed/sent to fight, I'll remain calm.

Originally Posted by ZombiePlatypus

This is how the world ends. At the feet of two manchildren.

I'd like to hope we'd find them in whatever afterlife and beat them to stardust.
kmax
The man really wants to press that button.
Kimawolf
Worry about the millions in South Korea. Idiots like him and Lindsdy Graham underestimated or dont care about SK victims of said attack.
pulsemyne
It's just the usual shite from a complete shit lord. He's an idiot.
TAJ
Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
(10-07-2017, 10:16 PM)
Only one thing will work?
Dropping Trump onto Pyongyang from a plane?
Ahasverus
(10-07-2017, 10:17 PM)
Nice knowing you.

On the other hand, North Korea does need to be liberated, for pure humanitarian reasons.
JustenP88
I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
Looking forward to all the smug pricks coming in here rolling their eyes with the "this is normal for the NK thing, you idiots" bullshit.

I don't know if there's a GAF stereotype I dislike more and I was a BernieBro last year.
jufonuk
Flatulance
captainpat
Well, they are probably steps in place to prevent him from doing anything too stupid so this is probably hot air.
Zolo
(10-07-2017, 10:18 PM)

Originally Posted by Ahasverus

Nice knowing you.

On the other hand, North Korea does need to be liberated, for pure humanitarian reasons.

If Trump were to do something, he'd destroy the regime, and then do nothing about the refugee crisis that would come out of it.
GK86
Homeland Security Fail
The guy who can't take someone called him a moron or can't take late night hosts making fun of him is exactly the guy I want leading the US into a military conflict.
kevin1025
Banned

Originally Posted by TAJ

Only one thing will work?
Dropping Trump onto Pyongyang from a plane?

Arnold took Trump's old job, so Trump will take Arnold's old job. He is the new Commando.
SpaceWolf
Banned
(10-07-2017, 10:19 PM)
Just imagining Trump like

MIMIC
Why won't homeless people take my emails????????
(10-07-2017, 10:21 PM)
Only one thing will work.

So which is it? Rock, Paper, Scissors or thumb wrestling?
Biske
Can just imagine his public comments after he goes to visit the nuclear holocaust victims.

"nobody could have seen this coming. This was something nobody has ever seen it was a nuclear bomb. a bomb, that was nuclear, like with fire and smoke. Its just really wonderful to be with the survivors here. In many ways it's a miracle we didn't get even more people killed, but only x of tens of thousands were killed, you know in a real war there were like millions killed. So in many ways this was good."
cjp
A great longform article in The Atlantic on the NK situation was posted on GAF not too long ago. It was a great read, you all should check it out.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine...-earth/528717/
GreatestHits
(10-07-2017, 10:22 PM)
All of those military commanders know he's talking shit, thankfully
Tovarisc

Originally Posted by Zolo

Yeah. At this point, I'll worry about Trump's threats as much as I worried about NK's for the last 15 years.

I'd be more worried about him getting into a war with Iran than NK.

As long this toddler can wield full might of US military at whim I don't feel that relaxed about language like this. He now can actually do something about / with his nuclear weapon fetish.
jstripes
Banned
North Korea's been pretty quiet the last couple of weeks. I wonder what brought this on...

Originally Posted by kmax

The man really wants to press that button.

Mueller must be getting close.
wisdom0wl
(10-07-2017, 10:23 PM)
The peninsula is so fucked, isn’t it?
MIMIC
Why won't homeless people take my emails????????

Originally Posted by jstripes

North Korea's been pretty quiet the last couple of weeks. I wonder what brought this on...

Trump is breathing. The sun came up. It was Saturday. Etc. It doesn't take much to get him started.
Meadows
Banned
I do think that he means economic pressure and isolation, not military action. He knows that any strikes would result in anywhere from 50,000 - 25,000,000 civilian deaths on the Japanese/SK side.
Zolo
(10-07-2017, 10:24 PM)

Originally Posted by Tovarisc

As long this toddler can wield full might of US military at whim I don't feel that relaxed about language like this. He now can actually do something about / with his nuclear weapon fetish.

Sure, but I don't feel like worrying about this every time Trump threatens NK for the next 3 years.
Stinkles
Clothed, sober, cooperative
(10-07-2017, 10:24 PM)
He literally said it because he thought it sounded badass but is happy to create a conflict to back up his empty rhetoric.
DrunkShogun
(10-07-2017, 10:25 PM)
In uk so not directly effected but if this orange idiot ends up ruining Japan and South Korea than America is the biggest fuck up of all time.
_Ryo_
(10-07-2017, 10:25 PM)

If Trump were to do something, he'd destroy the regime, and then do nothing about the refugee crisis that would come out of it.

He would do something. Ban Korean immigrants. Cause he's a fucking piece of shit.
Zophar
(10-07-2017, 10:26 PM)
Still no troop movements to the Korean peninsula. That keeps my panic in check.
Alienous
(10-07-2017, 10:26 PM)
He's like a child. He doesn't understand the magnitude of what he's suggesting.

Keep the man golfing.
Trouble
Banned
(10-07-2017, 10:27 PM)
dotard
Bam Bam Baklava
Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.
(10-07-2017, 10:29 PM)

Originally Posted by Ahasverus

Nice knowing you.

I don't think we have the competent leadership in place for such an endeavor to be anything but a disaster.

You're talking about an administration in which a GOP Senator says that three people are keeping us from chaos.
Jombie
(10-07-2017, 10:31 PM)
He's giving the media something to talk about while he strips women of healthcare.
Host Samurai
(10-07-2017, 10:31 PM)
When he says shit like this means that he knows that Mueller has found more crucial evidence or that someone in his administration or even Don Jr has been raided.
the_id
(10-07-2017, 10:32 PM)
just don't drag the rest of the world into it.
Sojgat
(10-07-2017, 10:32 PM)

Originally Posted by Tovarisc

He's starting to sound like Shooter McGavin.
Bam Bam Baklava
(10-07-2017, 10:33 PM)

Originally Posted by Host Samurai

When he says shit like this means that he knows that Mueller has found more crucial evidence or that someone in his administration or even Don Jr has been raided.

And you have evidence for this correlation?
HazySaiyan
Banned
(10-07-2017, 10:34 PM)

Originally Posted by MayMay

Homicidal Orange

Annoying Orange got dark
sant
(10-07-2017, 10:36 PM)
He has obviously been briefed that NK won't attack first unless they feel the regime is threatened. Nobody wants war and nothing will happen.
jelly
(10-07-2017, 10:38 PM)
War is good for the military complex right so Trump is probably doing them a favour to get even richer while creating more jobs but lots of dead people.

I wonder what the rest of the world would think if the US attacked NK and Iran.
LookAtMeGo
(10-07-2017, 10:39 PM)
Would be cool if it was somehow like in Edge of Tomorrow when Cruise gets sent to the front lines to fight. But instead of having cool time powers and a wicked mech suit, they just give him a broom stick and a bicycle helmet.
jelly
(10-07-2017, 10:39 PM)

Originally Posted by sant

He has obviously been briefed that NK won't attack first unless they feel the regime is threatened. Nobody wants war and nothing will happen.

Yeah, that's been clear for a long time. These dictators like their life, bark is worse than their bite.
Abstrusity
(10-07-2017, 10:41 PM)
Here we go...

Bam Bam Baklava

Originally Posted by jelly

War is good for the military complex right so Trump is probably doing them a favour to get even richer while creating more jobs but lots of dead people.

I wonder what the rest of the world would think if the US attacked NK and Iran.

You think the economic instability that would result from a full blown, possibly nuclear, war in the heart of Asia is something any rich person would want?
Tovarisc

Sure, but I don't feel like worrying about this every time Trump threatens NK for the next 3 years.

True, but same time his language has gotten more direct and pointed about implying war / nuke being only answer to NKorea question.

Doesn't help that this shit is literally baiting NKorea leadership.
JonnyDBrit
(10-07-2017, 10:43 PM)
Can someone get Idris Elba on the phone? There's an apocalypse I would very much like cancelled right now.

More seriously, there's only so far one man can go with the rhetoric before it stops sounding like rhetoric, and instead becomes an actual threat. And an actual threat in this instance is just... oh god.