• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

OriginalPoe
Banned
(10-07-2017, 10:43 PM)
Is this not explicitly against Twitter TOS?

"Violent threats (direct or indirect): You may not make threats of violence or promote violence, including threatening or promoting terrorism. "

https://support.twitter.com/articles/18311
fluffydelusions
(10-07-2017, 10:43 PM)

Originally Posted by Sojgat

He's starting to sound like Shooter McGavin.

nature boy
(10-07-2017, 10:44 PM)

Originally Posted by OriginalPoe

"Violent threats (direct or indirect): You may not make threats of violence or promote violence, including threatening or promoting terrorism. "

Doesn't apply to POTUS
Jorok Goldblade
(10-07-2017, 10:45 PM)

POTUS tweets are considered "newsworthy," and thus exempt from the rules in the TOS.
JonnyDBrit
(10-07-2017, 10:45 PM)

Unfortunately twitter makes an apparent exception for subjects and/or persons they feel are important for people to to be kept informed on, and since this is the President of the United States, he unfortunately qualifies by default.
BrassDragon
(10-07-2017, 10:46 PM)
There over 100,000 Americans in the region (civilians, military family members, non-essential personnel) who would have to be evacuated or sheltered before a shooting war with the DPRK because of its conventional second strike capabilities.

You'd also need to do a lot of mobilizing logistics, communications and reserves and that, as far as I can tell, isn't happening yet.

It's all rhetoric so far.
Zolo
(10-07-2017, 10:46 PM)

Originally Posted by nature boy

Doesn't apply to POTUS

Yeah. People should stop wondering if Twitter would give a ban to Trump for breaking their rules.

Edit: And honestly, it's not like the place isn't a cesspool of people who already break those rules.
OriginalPoe
Banned
(10-07-2017, 10:47 PM)

Originally Posted by Jorok Goldblade

POTUS tweets are considered "newsworthy," and thus exempt from the rules in the TOS.

What the fuck... really?

Originally Posted by Zolo

Yeah. People should stop wondering if Twitter would give a ban to Trump for breaking their rules.

Edit: And honestly, it's not like the place isn't a cesspool of people who already break those rules.

LITTLE BIT DIFFERENT when the POTUS is using the platform to basically threaten military action.
Jorok Goldblade
(10-07-2017, 10:47 PM)

Originally Posted by Sojgat

He's starting to sound like Shooter McGavin.

I mean, Shooter McGavin did help him do the collusion...
SoulUnison
(10-07-2017, 10:49 PM)
North Korea finally got someone dumb enough to swing for the fences when "playing ball," and I bet they couldn't be happier.

He's basically legitimizing decades of their propaganda with his hard-on for military action and constant petty bullying on the world stage.
Auraela
Banned
(10-07-2017, 10:50 PM)
Trumps whole premise is why does America have all this military etc n he feels half the arsenal is being wasted n wants to use it
Tovarisc
Reuters

U.S. President Donald Trump on Saturday said “only one thing will work” in dealing with North Korea after previous administrations had talked to Pyongyang without results.

Trump did not make clear to what he was referring, but his comments seemed to be a further suggestion that military action was on his mind.

The president has previously said the United States would “totally destroy” North Korea if necessary to protect itself and its allies from Pyongyang’s nuclear threats.

White House spokeswoman Sarah Sanders referred to Iran and North Korea the following day when asked about Trump’s comments.

Asked on Saturday about Trump’s tweet, the Pentagon said the Defense Department’s job was to “present the president military options and carry out orders.”

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-n...-idUSKBN1CC0PN
jelly

Originally Posted by Bam Bam Baklava

You think the economic instability that would result from a full blown, possibly nuclear, war in the heart of Asia is something any rich person would want?

It's one way to wipe debts and make US number 1 is what Trump probably thinks and then you have an unsettled Middle East, Europe and Asia. Genius.

I don't think it crosses their minds honestly. They make the same mistakes over and over. They'll be thinking their military is shit hot, war will be over quickly, no ripples afterwards. Easy win.

Which is all bollocks but many leaders and countries don't learn from history.
Hierophant
Banned
(10-07-2017, 10:52 PM)
If the US goes to war with NK, I guarantee you that Americans worldwide will become even more unpopular than they already are, which is a huge feat, if a nuke is used, well.....
Wilsongt
(10-07-2017, 10:52 PM)
Fox must have some "experts" on day about NK.
MeatGrinder
(10-07-2017, 10:53 PM)
Jesus. Are they really planning an attack now? Or is it just the typical trash-talk?
Pop-O-Matic
Banned
(10-07-2017, 10:54 PM)

Originally Posted by Abstrusity

Here we go...

Yeah, motherfucker is gonna destroy at least two countries, wreck our standing on the international stage and kickstart one of the greatest humanitarian crises of the 21st century just because he wants his poll numbers to go up. Motherfucker is the worst Bond villain since the dude from Tomorrow Never Dies.
jelly
(10-07-2017, 10:54 PM)
The most obvious solution to NK is for China to give them nothing, especially oil. They've made some moves, we will see how it goes. Also if there was a war, China would roll in so fast and I imagine NK regime loyalists would surrender instantly or try to kill Kim asap.
Jorok Goldblade
(10-07-2017, 10:59 PM)
If we strike first and China backs North Korea (As they have stated they would in an America Strikes First situation) that's World War 3 coupled with a global economic crisis right there.
Dubbedinenglish
Banned
(10-07-2017, 11:01 PM)

Originally Posted by jelly

The most obvious solution to NK is for China to give them nothing, especially oil. They've made some moves, we will see how it goes. Also if there was a war, China would roll in so fast and I imagine NK regime loyalists would surrender instantly or try to kill Kim asap.

China wouldn’t be fighting NK if conflict happens, they aren’t our ally in this.
Hazelhurst
(10-07-2017, 11:01 PM)
I feel bad for South Korea and Japan.
Wet Bloodfart
Banned
(10-07-2017, 11:02 PM)
This doesn't make any fucking sense.
compo
Banned
(10-07-2017, 11:02 PM)
I suspect that as stupid as this guy is, he has at least figured out that saying a bunch of stupid shit on twitter is a convenient deflection from his larger controversies, like Russia and Puerto Rico. Hopefully that's just what all this is.
shadow_shogun
(10-07-2017, 11:07 PM)
And bitches like James Woolsey and Mike Rogers believe wholeheartedly that this fool would be a better president over Clinton.

Always-honest
Banned
(10-07-2017, 11:09 PM)
Pffff.... thanx..
Fucking lunatic.
EdibleKnife
(10-07-2017, 11:15 PM)

Originally Posted by SoulUnison

North Korea finally got someone dumb enough to swing for the fences when "playing ball," and I bet they couldn't be happier.

He's basically legitimizing decades of their propaganda with his hard-on for military action and constant petty bullying on the world stage.

Right? Trump doesn’t even need to press a single button for Kim to justify to his people that they should strike before we do
Demoskinos
(10-07-2017, 11:16 PM)
South Korea will be the real victims here and nobody in that administration gives a fuck. Hell, I doubt Trump knows the difference.
Lightning_Roller
Banned
(10-07-2017, 11:22 PM)
This motherfucker is trying to take us to war.....
Za-Neen-Jya
(10-07-2017, 11:23 PM)

OriginalPoe
Banned
(10-07-2017, 11:24 PM)

Originally Posted by Wet Bloodfart

This doesn't make any fucking sense.

Hail mary before he's removed? His military advisors already seemingly dislike him/disagree with him.
ISOM
(10-07-2017, 11:25 PM)

Here we go...

Needs to be posted in every thread about Trump and North Korea.
Xando
(10-07-2017, 11:26 PM)
Can’t believe there’s gonna be a major war with huge economic crisis just because the US can’t get rid of this dumbass they elected
MIMIC
Why won't homeless people take my emails????????
(10-07-2017, 11:26 PM)

Yeah it's Trump, but I don't see how this policy could reasonably apply to federal government officials....especially a U.S. President. We could very well be in an armed conflict and the government (Trump, via Twitter) could announce intentions to do A, B, and C in country X.

This policy obviously wasn't created with every type of user in mind. Maybe if Trump was speaking in his personal capacity....but speaking for the government? There's clearly going to be an exception.
BitStyle
(10-07-2017, 11:27 PM)
This imbecile really trying to take us to war?
Ugh...
OriginalPoe
Banned
(10-07-2017, 11:28 PM)

Originally Posted by Xando

Can’t believe there’s gonna be a major war with huge economic crisis just because the US can’t get rid of this dumbass they elected

Do you live in the US? I do. As far as I know, I have no ability to do a thing now but watch. Obligatory "I didn't vote for him" and further "neither did my state."
Neith
Banned
(10-07-2017, 11:28 PM)

Originally Posted by Xando

No war has started yet at least. I think it depends on if NK starts launching more nukes.
WaterAstro
(10-07-2017, 11:31 PM)
No one knows what it means.

All we know is that Trump is pissed off that Rex Tillerson got more coverage than him lately, so this might just be some stupid shit he's pulling off just to get publicity.
Monkeyball
(10-07-2017, 11:32 PM)
What happened to murica first, you idiot.
OriginalPoe
Banned
(10-07-2017, 11:34 PM)

Originally Posted by Monkeyball

What happened to murica first, you idiot.

He never gave a shit about America, he only cares for himself.
slider
(10-07-2017, 11:34 PM)
I expect DPRK will test again in the next couple of weeks. And I expect China will be very wary of any US (forward leaning) presence as close as the Korean peninsula.
El_Mau
(10-07-2017, 11:36 PM)
I love cliffhangers.

What? This isn't a tv show? Damn.
Bad_Boy
time to take my meds
(10-07-2017, 11:36 PM)
Anyday now Mueller.

Im begging you.
LeadProtagonist
(10-07-2017, 11:37 PM)
Is he trying to declare war via Twitter now?
OriginalPoe
Banned
(10-07-2017, 11:38 PM)

Originally Posted by LeadProtagonist

With plausible deniability through cowardly diction. Yeah, he's really treating this like a highschool popularity contest.
III-V
(10-07-2017, 11:38 PM)

Originally Posted by LeadProtagonist

modern presidential
Two Words
(10-07-2017, 11:41 PM)
Like, what does China even get out of North Korea?
tr4nce 26
Banned
(10-07-2017, 11:41 PM)
I have a question.

How should a president act about the North Korea crisis?
sphagnum
Banned
(10-07-2017, 11:43 PM)

Originally Posted by tr4nce 26

I have a question.

Like all the previous ones.
Maengun1
(10-07-2017, 11:44 PM)
I know it's been said before, but one thing you can say about Trump is he's pretty effectively disproven every government conspiracy theory of all time. Like yeah, the secret shadow illuminati cabal just ~had~ to take JFK out, but they're fine with Trump threatening nuclear war over fucking twitter on a daily basis.

There is definitively nothing going on behind the scenes. Enough states voted for literally one of the dumbest people in the country, and here we are.
jellies_two
(10-07-2017, 11:44 PM)

Originally Posted by tr4nce 26

I have a question.

Pretty much in any way OTHER than saying to them the only solution remaining is a war.