• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bonnie Ross and 343 on the Future of the MCC. Game Getting Update Early 2018

From the Halo Stream.

In case anyone wants to see what was said from Bonnie and ske7ch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6ezdA_N3-s&feature=youtu.be

Bonnie Ross talked about needing to have a better dialogue with fans. 343 wants to communicate things even if it's half-baked or if they aren't sure themselves rather than being silent on issues going forward.

They wanted to move MCC to the current platform (Xbox software) whenever they had the chance, but with 6 engines figuring out that timeframe was difficult. New system updates on the console side should allow for matchmaking improvements so they're moving forward with an MCC update now. They're partnering with an external team on the updates but want to involve the fans as well (back and forth over time).

That certainly contributed to some issues but this update will be handled by us and a single dedicated team. Not multiple partners.

Haha, I was just watching that and thinking about making a thread :)

They said to expect more news or release in Spring, if I heard that right?

Bsigg12

Posted in the Xbox One X thread, but it sounds like they'll be using the Xbox Insider Program to test builds starting next spring.

Bonnie reiterating Halo 6 is still a ways off.

UraMallas

If they can make it into a platform where the games kind of get added in as they get older and keep updating it, I would be happy. That is a pipe dream, though.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
This is great, but very late.

As you will read later this week there was some chicken/egg with regards to being able to address underlying issues without breaking other stuff.

I'm on a plane about to take off so not ignoring thread after this just airborne.

As you will read later this week there was some chicken/egg with regards to being able to address underlying issues without breaking other stuff.

I'm on a plane about to take off so not ignoring thread after this just airborne.

Well I’m definitely looking forward to it

Hooray! It is really unfortunate what happened with the MCC. I know a few huge halo fans who were put off from the series, and xbox in general, because of it. Such a great series. It deserved better. Nice to hear there's some movement on that front. If it works well I will try to get them back.

Cynn

I knew you guys wouldn’t just abandon MCC. Well... I hoped anyway. :)

Nowise10

I'd honestly cry if 343 got Reach in 4K for One X.

Nyoro SF

I am honestly shocked. I vividly remember a buddy of mine backing off buying an Xbox 1 because of how messed up MCC was.

MouldyK

there-are-those-who-said-this-day-wouldnevercomel-what-are-13611273.png

Bsigg12

External team? Wasn't it a mess because there was several devs working on it originally?

Yes and it was rushed. This sounds like it will have builds going out to Xbox Insiders for feedback which will hopefully do wonders for them finding bugs.

I never broke faith

(if you read my post history you will find that isn't true)

When the topic started about needing to be better about having a dialogue with the fans and how it was better to talk about things, even if not so great, rather than leave people in the dark I figured the MCC talk was going to be a firm "game is done".

Very happy to be wrong.

Bsigg12

Does the fact that they're committing resources to MCC in 2018 mean the next proper Halo is 2019?

With how Bonnie was talking about the next game, is there any chance it is a 2018 game?

Does the fact that they're committing resources to MCC in 2018 mean the next proper Halo is 2019?

I'm feeling this too. Previously I'd thought Halo 6 a lock(e) for 2018. But if they're effectively rebooting MCC - and perhaps porting to PC - then maybe that's how they intend to tide use over.

With how Bonnie was talking about the next game, is there any chance it is a 2018 game?

I'm really feeling that we're looking at 2019 release. Sure there is messaging from Phil Spencer about wanting to have shorter announcement -> release windows but the messaging from 343 really feels like this is a development initiative rather than marketing.

Top Bottom