• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fable 2 secrets: a pet dog, you can be pregnant

f2_639753488.jpg

Is that a rifle? Thought I read somewhere that it'd have guns. Just seems kind of weird...

big_z

VibratingDonkey said:
Is that a rifle? Thought I read somewhere that it'd have guns. Just seems kind of weird...

How else would you kill your dog when it gets rabies?

Im going to have a family suicide in my house... although i have a feeling you wont be able to butcher your kid.

bengraven

Nameless said:
WTF happened to all those awesome ideas that he had when he was pimping out "project ego"? I want emergent storylines, FOR GOD'S SAKE I WANT TO GROW MY ****ING TREE! I don't care about building some psuedo emotional bond with a dog. And and unless your character eventually dies and you assume control of one of his children and play through dynamic occurances then screw the ability to have kids.. Been there done than in the Sims.

Wait, you'd rather grow a tree than have a dog? You'd rather bond with a plant? :lol

(no, I'm only kidding. This game sounds fantastic as usual. Let's home he keeps some of this in)

f3niks

Linkzg said:
I got water on my keyboard from laughing at this one. Too funny.

As for what he's promised, I am cool with just about everything so far. I do hope that Fable 2 has some sort of online capability.

The game looks decent. I'll even settle for the mandatory canine partner.

But for the love of god, Lionhead, ditch the linear world design.

madara

krypt0nian said:
I will only take it in the butt so no kids for me thanks.

Careful there, in this world, if gay man has sex with more than two partners a night he begins to gestate and give birth through his penis. Which you can imagine would be quite painful, so careful oogling those man asses in game!

krypt0nian said:
I will only take it in the butt so no kids for me thanks.
So are you saying that gay couples aren't allowed to adopt children in the game???

If this is true then I'm not buying this homophobic game. Gay people deserve to have families too, dammit!!!

This is great news. I am in full support of this man and his decision to spread is love. Having a doggy sidekick in the first Fable would have kicked all kinds of ass. I can already imagine the possibilities (thinks of Shadow Dancer).

bengraven

Confidence Man said:
Sam? I know you're reading this thread, Sam. Is this test level an indication of how open the world design is going to be?

fable2-9.jpg

...but with more trees and a huge draw distance?

SamVT

Confidence Man said:
Sam? I know you're reading this thread, Sam. Is this test level an indication of how open the world design is going to be?

Just wait until tomorrow when Peter is giving his talk at GDC... ;)

bengraven

SamVT said:

New trailer? Gameplay videos? I remember when that French fansite was posting videos of Peter or the Carters talking over gameplay videos for years. I downloaded each one with a smile on my face. I'm depressed we don't have more of the same.

FFChris

SamVT said:

Was this the big secret Peter has been taking about? I'm so confused!

Tomorrow can't come quick enough...

GhaleonEB

I actually like both of these ideas, but with everything it's all in the implementation. I also want the option of just killing both the dog and kids if I so chose. :D

Uh, thanks for spinning this news in the worst possible ways.

Appealing to female gamers by allowing you to play as a female = good.

Having a pet dog that can kick ass for you = good.

squatingyeti

non-sanctioned troll
Chrono said:
Molyneux is a ****ing loser. lots of talk and no walk.

no different than that fatass dyack. though I hear he's not fat anymore.

Someone needs to punch you in one of your testicles. Maybe you just have no idea some of the games he's had the vision to create. Yeah, the guy gets a little excited about his work, but he always says as much. He often says he shouldn't say some things because they might not make it, but he says them anyway because he's excited.

zallaaa

Linkzg said:
fable2achievementsg6.png

I really hope that the dog doesnt end up needing you to protect it all the time, hopefully you can keep your dog in one of your many houses with one of your many wives

:D :D :D :D :D still rolling on the floor laughing :D
That was SO good Linkzg :D

FrankT

boutrosinit said:
1. CVG revealed the dog things ages ago

2. Pete revealed the pregnancy thing at GDC EUROPE last year.

Seems he has a poo memory. Or he changed his mind about revealing the 'real' big secret...

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3154242

And 1up still hasn't paid me for it. Thanks guys!

He has a presentation tomorrow as well. So I'm no certain that either one is the so called secret, but perhaps.

Chao

DemonSwordsman said:
so you can be a pregnant lady, fighting hordes of orcs, and then suddenly you start to deliver on the battlefield.

But your pet dog could bring you the towels and hot water, think about it.

PleoMax

Banned
It would be cool if this game had more of a pirates of the caribean look to it...hmm, anyway, if you can't have your ship and sail it, **** this game.

Walshey

If you cut off two of the dogs legs with your sword how will it walk?
have they thought this through?
so is it like this
_40052338_faith_203_scopfeatures.jpg

or this
rollers2.jpg

disabled dogs FTW

Top Bottom