• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost of Tsushima Announced for 2018 (New Sucker Punch IP)

I'll take almost any other style of melee combat that is not Arkham's style of build up combo and fishing for counters.

I don't know how good Sucker Punch's pedigree for combat is, but I really really hope they don't think that they could copy from Mordor and call it a day.

I’m in for the setting but can only hope loot boxes isn’t expected since it’s open world. Hoping for a horizon system if they do introduce loot box. Wasn’t a fan of infamous on the os4 because how repetitive it felt and lacklustre characters but will go into this with an open mind.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
AC has the casual market though, and is a known product.

Of course if the gameplay reveal turns out to be really good then I think the word of mouth advantage would be on GoT's (lol) side.

It is likely this has been in development longer 6-12 months more in the over at least compared to the next mainline AC game... I do not think hey would overlap and Sucker Punch has a gem in their hands (SS was top notch and definitely made me follow a Studio I liked that much more).

Steroyd

Samurai action stealth game by the Suckered Punch team... Oh my yes, please be Tenchu but with a good combat mechanic it's all I ask.

This looks hot!

I'm a little uncomfortable with a western studio trying to make this. Sometimes it turns into a werid idea of Japanese style and culture based on what they saw in tv and movies. The Hokkaido mission in last years Hitman is an example of this going this direction.

But I will give Sucker Punch the benifit of the doubt. At least visually they are nailing it.

Osukaa

Wow This looks like it could be something special. I will keep this on my radar for sure. I liked Second Son even though I had some issues with it I did enjoy the game. I know Sucker Punch has the talent to make this awesome so here's hoping it turns out as good as it looks :)

rolandss

Nice! I've longed for a 'realistic' open world, samurai game ala Rockstar's treatment of the old west in Red Dead Redemption.

This could hopefully fill that void. I just hope it doesn't have supernatural themes and powers. Give me something more Red Dead less Onimusha!

It'd be good if it was subtitled too... but you can't have everything.

Damerman

OOOOO MMYYYYY GOOOOOOOODDDDD

i'm so hyped you have no idea. I've been asking for this for so long!!!!!!!!!

DAY FUCKING 1!

my dream game, with sucker punch behind it no less... i'm deceased.

*tears of joy*

RcbfXOb.gif

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Can someone gif that change from Samurai to Ninja, I have a theory. (A Ninja Theory! ... sorry)

We know this game can be played with stealth or combat but what if the choice is the same as good and evil in Infamous? You can pick a path and whichever path you pick offers you more upgrades in line with that path? Perhaps you can even change between the two on the fly.

Damerman

Can someone gif that change from Samurai to Ninja, I have a theory. (A Ninja Theory! ... sorry)

We know this game can be played with stealth or combat but what if the choice is the same as good and evil in Infamous? You can pick a path and whichever path you pick offers you more upgrades in line with that path? Perhaps you can even change between the two on the fly.

it's both?!

omg, i'm so hyped.

TaroYamada

Absolutely onboard, one of the best first party devs out there. I just hope combat has some depth and isn't Arkham style.

Hype Man

Neo Member
Stealth and combat.

After Uncharted 4, I vowed never to buy another game with stealth mechanics.

I just don’t have the patience to hide in grass anymore.

UC4 isn't primarily a stealth game .Have you played any MGS game on like Hard/Extreme? Those are much more accurate representations of stealth gameplay. So many ways to tackle problems, its actually really fun.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
I don't think you had to stealth even once in that game.

You didn't. That's what confuses me. I stealthed TLOU for my first few playthroughs (another game with choice) and then just shot my way through it for the next few playthroughs. I find it curious when people complain they have a choice and can't stop themselves from playing the way they don't want to. Weird.

Hellshy.

What a very non informative way of explaining what the game is about. All I took away from that is "We're cool, we're excited, it's going to be awesome. Samurai's are cool right? See that temple in the distance? You can go there! Please be excited!".

Yes it is.

In that you kill plenty of them.

Well we learned that they seem to want to stay clear of using waypoints which I like the sound of.

Top Bottom