• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

InterMoniker
(04-17-2007, 07:03 AM)

Originally Posted by Deepblue

Holy crap? Did Julian just say that Lair is the first thing to do Dragons with bat wings? That guy is batshit insane. Seriously, the dragons look like any other Western vision I've seen.

Also: "You can burn them because they have fur, and fur is good for burning."

:lol

Gold.

:lol :lol :lol

@ the trailer

"IN A WORLD!"

I'm personally saddened that it was mostly the TGS06 CG though with only snippets of game play. I could've probably cut together a better trailer. The game's setting definitely deserves better.

Oh god not again.

1. Old.
2. It used to list 360 programmer as well. They must have filled the position.
3. Debunked. They are porting the engine, not the game.

Also, just because you can't make topics, don't derail other threads.

So look at your lasts posts...

Trollin?
Last edited by InterMoniker; 04-17-2007 at 07:33 AM.
TheRagnCajun
(04-17-2007, 07:06 AM)

Originally Posted by REV 09

i'm noticing a lot of folks harping about the presentation aspects of the game...and rightfully so, the music is epic, the cutscenes are gorgeous, the in-game visuals are quite good, and hell even the box art looks awesome. However, there is still something that keeps butting its head into my excitement for this game....and that's the gameplay itself. Flying around looks amazing, but nearly every action that the dragons perform looks "off". All of that ramming and physicality that the 3rd vid displayed was imo both awful and awkward. It doesn't look right. The QTE moments don't look right, the ground combat doesn't look right. The FLYING looks perfect though. Maybe i'll feel different when i play it, maybe they'll fix some of the animations before release...i don't know. But that Music vid makes me soo hyped for the game..then i see the "game" under the presentation and it goes away a bit. The demo will probably tell all...overall, i am excited to get my hands it though.

This is Factor 5's ump-teenth flight sim, so I take it by now they know what they're doing. I welcome the physcial aspect of the game, makes it more than just a 'point your reticule and shoot' game. The gameplay should be deep.
Deepblue
Banned
(04-17-2007, 07:06 AM)

Originally Posted by Thunderbear

While I agree with you, though I probably wouldn't go as far as calling him batshit insane, I love how much positivity you bring into any PS3 thread that you enter <sarcasm>.

:rolleyes:

Insane in the same way as Molyneux or Dyack, as in, lovably. :)

Also, not everything needs to be positive. If I see something I don't like I'm sure as hell not going to sit back and say "ohmygod best ever."

Also: Really? Really?

Am I trolling when I laugh at the ridiculous "In a world" guy. I did the same thing for the UT3 trailer. Why are people dead set on being so pretentious?

I suspect you are trying take offense where none is to be found.
Last edited by Deepblue; 04-17-2007 at 07:23 AM.
Deepblue
Banned
(04-17-2007, 07:08 AM)
//consolidating posts//
Last edited by Deepblue; 04-17-2007 at 07:22 AM.
Wollan
Banned
(04-17-2007, 07:10 AM)
So the planet is dying because some dragons is having an orgy? Those reptiles only think of themselves. 'Look at ME! I'M so beautiful! Don't you wish you were ME? I love ME, who do you love?? ME ME ME!'.
Deepblue
Banned
(04-17-2007, 07:12 AM)
BTW, I applaud the guys at Factor 5 for the incredible membrane animations. Makes the flight seem real.
InterMoniker
(04-17-2007, 07:13 AM)

Really? Really?

Am I trolling when I laugh at the ridiculous "In a world" guy. I did the same thing for the UT3 trailer. Why are people dead set on being so pretentious?

No I'm not taking offense it's just that your past three post were negative.

Thats all.

Originally Posted by Thunderbear

While I agree with you, though I probably wouldn't go as far as calling him batshit insane, I love how much positivity you bring into any PS3 thread that you enter <sarcasm>.

My Arms Your Hearse
Banned
(04-17-2007, 07:15 AM)

Holy crap? Did Julian just say that Lair is the first thing to do Dragons with bat wings? That guy is awesomely delusional. Seriously, the dragons look like any other Western vision I've seen.

Also: "You can burn them because they have fur, and fur is good for burning."

:lol

Gold.

Not really. I've seen very few dragons with wings attached all along the length of their body. I could be wrong, however, but it certainly doesn't seem common. Dragon wings are certainly usually "bat-like" but they also come to a very small point and are not spread along the entirety of the creature's body.

I actually don't like the bat design, but I'll get over it.
Deepblue
Banned
(04-17-2007, 07:15 AM)

Originally Posted by InterMoniker

No I'm not taking offense it's just that your past three post were negative.

Thats all.

Last time I checked humor was a positive emotion. Also, see my above note about negativity.

Originally Posted by My Arms Your Hearse

Not really. I've seen very few dragons with wings attached all along the length of their body. I could be wrong, however, but it certainly doesn't seem common. Dragon wings are certainly usually "bat-like" but they also come to a very small point and are not spread along the entirety of the creature's body.

Right, but the game incorporates both the bat design, which is still fairly common, and the more familiar dragon design (in the main character's dragon).

Either way - dragons are awesome and deserve more games about them.
Last edited by Deepblue; 04-17-2007 at 07:25 AM.
Deepblue
Banned
(04-17-2007, 07:18 AM)
//consolidating posts//
Last edited by Deepblue; 04-17-2007 at 07:26 AM.
Kittonwy
Banned
(04-17-2007, 07:24 AM)

The ice dragon reminds me of the wyrm from LOTR.
Ajax
Banned
(04-17-2007, 07:43 AM)

Also, not everything needs to be positive. If I see something I don't like I'm sure as hell not going to sit back and say "ohmygod best ever."

Maybe the fact that you're an annoying 360 fanboy that only comments negatively in every ****ing PS3 thread I've read has to do something with their bias against you. GTFO of PS3 threads if your feelings are hurt, afterall we already know what you're going to say before you say it.
mckmas8808
Sony is POO
(04-17-2007, 07:44 AM)

Originally Posted by Ynos Yrros

Can I request something of gif masters up here?

Also, to show how impressive this game really is, could you guys also make gifs of the beginning of dev walkthrough pt. 1, when main character is still on foot,
Progressive mesh is a truly amazing technique.

Alright. Are you talking about this walking part right? Yeah it looks cool to me. Kinda makes me wish you could dismount off of your dragon and anytime and just walk around.

nelsonroyale
(04-17-2007, 07:47 AM)
wow, see some of the new environments in the gamers day trailer? The part with the trees and the ruins? Very Very Impressive
InterMoniker
(04-17-2007, 07:51 AM)

Originally Posted by mckmas8808

Alright. Are you talking about this walking part right? Yeah it looks cool to me. Kinda makes me wish you could dismount off of your dragon and anytime and just walk around.

Whoa did you see the dragon in the background get hit and drop like a fly. :lol
Deepblue
Banned
(04-17-2007, 07:54 AM)

Originally Posted by InterMoniker

Whoa did you see the dragon in the background get hit and drop like a fly. :lol

I loved that.
Thunderbear
Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
(04-17-2007, 07:55 AM)

It's your consistency. Want me to quote your 20 last posts in PS3 related threads?
My Arms Your Hearse
Banned
(04-17-2007, 07:56 AM)

IT FALLS APART AT THE MICRO LEVEL GUYS.

(I've been waiting for someone to .gif that part)
rc213
(04-17-2007, 07:57 AM)
Nice, Kind of wish the videos were direct feed.
nelsonroyale
(04-17-2007, 07:59 AM)

See the new environment in the gamersday trailer?
Deepblue
Banned
(04-17-2007, 08:01 AM)

This picture has always been a favorite of mine. The lighting on the creature to the right is especially well done.
Last edited by Deepblue; 04-17-2007 at 03:24 PM.
60_gig_PS3
Banned
(04-17-2007, 08:02 AM)
This is like the Motorstorm of dragon games
Tieno
(04-17-2007, 08:03 AM)

Somehow that walking animation and pose reminds me of Saint's Row.
mckmas8808
Sony is POO
(04-17-2007, 08:03 AM)

What is the micro level.
Tieno
(04-17-2007, 08:04 AM)

What is the micro level.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?r=2&q=micro
mckmas8808
Sony is POO
(04-17-2007, 08:06 AM)

Originally Posted by nelsonroyale

See the new environment in the gamersday trailer?

What new environment?
Treo360
(04-17-2007, 08:08 AM)

Originally Posted by REV 09

i'm noticing a lot of folks harping about the presentation aspects of the game...and rightfully so, the music is epic, the cutscenes are gorgeous, the in-game visuals are quite good, and hell even the box art looks awesome. However, there is still something that keeps butting its head into my excitement for this game....and that's the gameplay itself. Flying around looks amazing, but nearly every action that the dragons perform looks "off". All of that ramming and physicality that the 3rd vid displayed was imo both awful and awkward. It doesn't look right. The QTE moments don't look right, the ground combat doesn't look right. The FLYING looks perfect though. Maybe i'll feel different when i play it, maybe they'll fix some of the animations before release...i don't know. But that Music vid makes me soo hyped for the game..then i see the "game" under the presentation and it goes away a bit. The demo will probably tell all...overall, i am excited to get my hands it though.

I feel exactly how you do, save for the being excited to get my hands on it. I'm cautiously optimistic.
TheGuardian
(04-17-2007, 08:13 AM)
Maybe some of these videos (especially the Music video) will go online on the Playstation Store on Thursday.
InterMoniker
(04-17-2007, 08:17 AM)

Originally Posted by Tieno

Ha haaa it does. Right when he stops/ the gangsta pose.

I loved that.

Ya seeing cool stuff like that really adds to the atmosphere.
nelsonroyale
(04-17-2007, 08:24 AM)

What new environment?

the one with the trees and the ruins, it comes before the cg scenes with the leader characters
alterego
(04-17-2007, 08:39 AM)

That's awesome.

Hey could you make a gif a few moments later where he takes off with the dragon?
Blimblim
The Inside Track
(04-17-2007, 08:46 AM)
Didn't gametrailers ever hear about white balance, noise reduction and contrast adjustment? These videos could look so much better with just a few tweaks :/
Bad_Boy
time to take my meds
(04-17-2007, 08:50 AM)

Originally Posted by Blimblim

Didn't gametrailers ever hear about white balance, noise reduction and contrast adjustment? These videos could look so much better with just a few tweaks :/

Ask satterfield. :)
Kosma
(04-17-2007, 09:15 AM)
I'm really impressed with what I've seen so far......but I can't find any HD direct feed movies which kind of makes judging the graphics hard. Could someone help please?
Ajax
Banned
(04-17-2007, 09:27 AM)

You must not read very much, or comprehensively.

What do you want to prove, that I hate fanboys? I do thus my harsh replies. And don't insult my intelligence by trying to convince me you're not one.
mabuza
Banned
(04-17-2007, 09:48 AM)
deepblue was banned for trolling the heavenly sword thread. seems like he hasnt learnt his lesson yet.:lol
KTallguy
(04-17-2007, 09:58 AM)
Anyway.

OMGWTFBBQ this game looks amazing.

I actually really enjoyed Rogue Squadron and other Factor 5 stuff, it was always polished and well made.

I have high hopes for this game, it really looks like nothing I've ever seen before, both with the dragon physicality and the amazing scale.
bud
Banned
(04-17-2007, 10:04 AM)

Originally Posted by JB1981

The new Gamer's Day trailer is up and it's terrible. http://www.gametrailers.com/player.p...e=mov&id=18638

the difference between the in-game footage and the cg is pretty noticable. it makes the game look mediocore :/

like you said, it's terrible.
FightyF
Banned
(04-17-2007, 10:15 AM)

Originally Posted by Tieno

:lol Good observation...I agree!
nelsonroyale
(04-17-2007, 10:25 AM)

Originally Posted by bud

the difference between the in-game footage and the cg is pretty noticable. it makes the game look mediocore :/

????? what do you expect? The environment with the trees and ruins look really good. Like as impressive as the city

peace
bud
Banned
(04-17-2007, 10:47 AM)

Originally Posted by nelsonroyale

????? what do you expect? The environment with the trees and ruins look really good. Like as impressive as the city

peace

i expect them to not show cg since the game itself already looks great. but the cg looks waayyy better so when it cuts to ingame footage it looks meh (compared to the cg). just leave out the cg, that's what i meant.
spwolf
If this poster agrees with you, you're probably doing something very wrong.
(04-17-2007, 10:48 AM)

Originally Posted by bud

it seems we are back to level one :-)
nelsonroyale
(04-17-2007, 10:51 AM)

Originally Posted by bud

i expect them to not show cg since the game itself already looks great. but the cg looks waayyy better so when it cuts to ingame footage it looks meh (compared to the cg). just leave out the cg, that's what i meant.

agreed
Ceb
(04-17-2007, 11:01 AM)

Originally Posted by Doom_Bringer

From the way the CEO talks about it no! You start off as a good airforce pilot, defending your country and whatnot but by the end of the game the character has probably transformed into a Kratos like figure. Going around killing everyone with no regard for human life.

What? It's the other way around. :lol Oh, Doom...
mckmas8808
Sony is POO
(04-17-2007, 03:12 PM)

Originally Posted by Ceb

What? It's the other way around. :lol Oh, Doom...

That's what I thought too.
Madman
(04-17-2007, 03:24 PM)

Originally Posted by bud

Isn't it alpha footage?
Deepblue
Banned
(04-17-2007, 03:29 PM)

Originally Posted by Madman

Isn't it alpha footage?

It's factor 5's "alpha," but considering they only have 2/3 months left to get it to a final, I suspect they're alpha is far more advanced than most games' alpha builds.
SolidSnakex
(04-17-2007, 03:31 PM)
It doesn't really matter if its Alpha footage, they aren't going to get it to look like that CG footage in the trailer. They shouldn't even feature the CG footage. SE has their CG because of large scale sequences, this game obviously doesn't have that issue they'er able to pull off large scale scenes with ease with this engine.
Mononofu
(04-17-2007, 03:33 PM)
I'm kind of surprised F5 used CG footage for some of their cut scenes, they usually do everything in engine.
AAK
(04-17-2007, 03:36 PM)
The main character looks constipated in his running animations.