• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

tanasten
glad to heard people isn't stupid anymore
(04-27-2007, 05:17 PM)
tanasten's Avatar
Link

Nintendo Spain has said to the spanish magazine ElMundo that in 4 months Wii has sold 150K, and of course the system is outsold unintentionally.

Nintendo DS sold 1M5 last fiscal year, topping the charts as the most sold system in 2006 wining over "the mystic" PlayStation 2. BTW, the system has sold twice the numbers of PSP. (which are good numbers here in Spain too. Sonyland confirmed)

On software, Nintendo Spain is proud to say that Brain training has sold almost half a million there, and continues strong month by month (like Nintendogs and Animal Crossing).

"It's a long term run. We must be careful" Said Luciano Pereña, CEO of Nintendo of Spain.

Well, who cares about Spain numbers?

Hope it's not another -> ?
Last edited by tanasten; 04-27-2007 at 05:31 PM.
Xisiqomelir
Member
(04-27-2007, 05:19 PM)
Xisiqomelir's Avatar
How did that Sony prediction that they'd beat 360 Spanish LTD in 1 day turn out?
bud
straight
(04-27-2007, 05:19 PM)
bud's Avatar


...
mabuza
Banned
(04-27-2007, 05:21 PM)
i think sony's sold over 100,000 ps3's if i remmember
tanasten
glad to heard people isn't stupid anymore
(04-27-2007, 05:22 PM)
tanasten's Avatar

Originally Posted by Xisiqomelir

How did that Sony prediction that they'd beat 360 Spanish LTD in 1 day turn out?

I don't know. How much was the Xbox360 LTD? I will try to find it both PS3 and Xbox360 sales.
Kurosaki Ichigo
Member
(04-27-2007, 05:25 PM)
Kurosaki Ichigo's Avatar
Like in Japan, half Gamecube userbase :lol I guess Wii is ahead of X360 here already guys...

Btw, this data comes from AC Nielsen, although the somehow 'official' tracker is GfK.
tanasten
glad to heard people isn't stupid anymore
(04-27-2007, 05:30 PM)
tanasten's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kurosaki Ichigo

Like in Japan, half Gamecube userbase :lol I guess Wii is ahead of X360 here already guys...

Btw, this data comes from AC Nielsen, although the somehow 'official' tracker is GfK.

You know about the totals of the three systems? I can't find them...
Kurosaki Ichigo
Member
(04-27-2007, 05:33 PM)
Kurosaki Ichigo's Avatar

Originally Posted by tanasten

You know about the totals of the three systems? I can't find them...

Dunno about X360 but its always doing very bad in software charts, it could be 100k, it could be 200k, can't be over that I'm sure.

Reeves (SCEE) said that they sold a little less in Spain than in France (for PS3 launch). The number we got for France was 78k. I think they sold 60k or so (counting Portugal btw), can't see them over 100k yet.
Haunted
(04-27-2007, 05:34 PM)
Haunted's Avatar
que? The DS sold twice as much units as the PSP in Sony's supposed home country?

Spain is Sonyland my ass.

Thanks for the info, tanasten.
tanasten
glad to heard people isn't stupid anymore
(04-27-2007, 05:35 PM)
tanasten's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kurosaki Ichigo

Dunno about X360 but its always doing very bad in software charts, it could be 100k, it could be 200k, can't be over that I'm sure.

Reeves (SCEE) said that they sold a little less in Spain than in France (for PS3 launch). The number we got for France was 78k. I think they sold 60k or so (counting Portugal btw), can't see them over 100k yet.

So PS3 is really doing pretty well in Spain. Well, I'm not that surprised.
mabuza
Banned
(04-27-2007, 05:38 PM)

Originally Posted by Kurosaki Ichigo

Dunno about X360 but its always doing very bad in software charts, it could be 100k, it could be 200k, can't be over that I'm sure.

Reeves (SCEE) said that they sold a little less in Spain than in France (for PS3 launch). The number we got for France was 78k. I think they sold 60k or so (counting Portugal btw), can't see them over 100k yet.

actually they've sold 100000 already
http://ps3.qj.net/Spain-100-000-of-1...g/49/aid/88124
Kurosaki Ichigo
Member
(04-27-2007, 05:42 PM)
Kurosaki Ichigo's Avatar
Finally I found this same report but from last year. Also AC Nielsen after Nintendo Spain request.

http://www.meristation.com/v3/des_no...d4b82e&pic=GEN

They sold 400.000 DS in 2005 and had a 59% marketshare versus PSP. So around 280.000 PSPs in 2005.

Now if after 2006 DS is at 1.5m, they sold 900.000 units in 2006, and if PSP is at half that then 470.000. 66/33 marketshare. Also from El Mundo, Nintendo Spain guy mentions DS sold 200k more than PS2 in 2006.

2005:
DS - 400k
PSP - 280k

2006:
DS - 900k (1.5m)
PS2 - 700k
PSP - 470k (0.75m)


Note: There was another report in August or so:
http://www.meristation.com/v3/des_no...d681e4&pic=GEN
800k DS and 58% marketshare. Seems DS really pulled ahead in Christmas.
tanasten
glad to heard people isn't stupid anymore
(04-27-2007, 05:45 PM)
tanasten's Avatar

Originally Posted by mabuza

actually they've sold 100000 already
http://ps3.qj.net/Spain-100-000-of-1...g/49/aid/88124



:lol

Thanks Kurosaki. I guess Meri is still the best site to check Spanish news... (se nota que nunca me fijo en los datos españoles :lol )
Kurosaki Ichigo
Member
(04-27-2007, 05:48 PM)
Kurosaki Ichigo's Avatar

Originally Posted by mabuza

actually they've sold 100000 already
http://ps3.qj.net/Spain-100-000-of-1...g/49/aid/88124

That news is supposed to come from a Sony PR which does NOT exist. Few fanboy webs and blogs took that story and no one has been able to post the PR, and not a single trustworthy site carried it. I have discussed this issue in spanish forums and I can tell you Sony didn't give that PR.
Rocket Punch
Member
(04-27-2007, 05:50 PM)
Rocket Punch's Avatar
Sony esta perdid00!
luoapp
Member
(04-27-2007, 05:53 PM)

Originally Posted by tanasten



:lol

Thanks Kurosaki. I guess Meri is still the best site to check Spanish news... (se nota que nunca me fijo en los datos españoles :lol )

I miss Mr. Kutaragi already, how sad :'(
maxmars
Member
(04-27-2007, 07:39 PM)
maxmars's Avatar

Originally Posted by huzkee

Sony esta perdid00!

LOLE'
viciouskillersquirrel
NeoGAF's Emotion Exchequer Extraordinaire
(04-27-2007, 11:37 PM)
viciouskillersquirrel's Avatar

Originally Posted by huzkee

¡España esta perdida!

¡Arreglado!

So, despite reports that Spain is still Sonyland, we don't actually have any official PS3 numbers? This is most surprising.

Sony se ha jodida a si misma en esta generación. No me sorprenderé cuando es revelado de que Nintendo ha conquistado a España tanbien. (Did I get the grammar right?)
.dmc
Banned
(04-28-2007, 03:34 AM)
So is 150k for Wii any good? Seem to remember a few anecdotal reports that the Wii wasn't doing all that in Spain.
Axord
Member
(04-28-2007, 04:12 AM)

Originally Posted by .dmc

So is 150k for Wii any good? Seem to remember a few anecdotal reports that the Wii wasn't doing all that in Spain.

I just remember anecdotal reports that the Wii wasn't sold out--which doesn't mean it did badly. Just that it isn't at the PS2 levels seen elsewhere.
Kurosaki Ichigo
Member
(04-28-2007, 11:57 AM)
Kurosaki Ichigo's Avatar
Btw, just noticed that there is a difference between 2 trustworthy sites on this news.

http://www.elmundo.es/navegante/2007...177585598.html
http://www.20minutos.es/noticia/2278...icos/nintendo/

First one says 1 PSP per 2 NDS, Second one says 62% marketshare for NDS, 38% for PSP. Thats clearly not the same.

After some investigation, looks like 2nd ones are true. Thanks to this news from Sony themselves:
http://www.lavanguardia.es/gen/20070...nte-medio.html

They say PS2 sold 675k in 2006 which FITS perfectly my earlier approximation from Nintendo numbers that say 700k.

They also say PSP sold 650k, and that doesn't fit because I took 2:1 NDS vs PSP. But it fits perfectly when you take 62:38 marketshare. That translates 1.5m DS into 920k PSPs, making it 640k sold in 2006.

2006:
DS - 900k (1.5m)
PS2 - 700k
PSP - 640k (0.92m)


This data fits Nintendo numbers (1.5m DS, PSP 38% marketshare of that, PS2 200k below DS) and Sony numbers (PS2 675k, PSP 650k).
Vitet
Member
(04-28-2007, 12:05 PM)
Vitet's Avatar

Originally Posted by vicious_killer_squirrel

Sony se ha jodida a si misma en esta generación. No me sorprenderé cuando se revele que Nintendo ha conquistado España también. (Did I get the grammar right?)

Almost... :D
tanasten
glad to heard people isn't stupid anymore
(04-28-2007, 01:04 PM)
tanasten's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kurosaki Ichigo

Btw, just noticed that there is a difference between 2 trustworthy sites on this news.

http://www.elmundo.es/navegante/2007...177585598.html
http://www.20minutos.es/noticia/2278...icos/nintendo/

First one says 1 PSP per 2 NDS, Second one says 62% marketshare for NDS, 38% for PSP. Thats clearly not the same.

After some investigation, looks like 2nd ones are true. Thanks to this news from Sony themselves:
http://www.lavanguardia.es/gen/20070...nte-medio.html

They say PS2 sold 675k in 2006 which FITS perfectly my earlier approximation from Nintendo numbers that say 700k.

They also say PSP sold 650k, and that doesn't fit because I took 2:1 NDS vs PSP. But it fits perfectly when you take 62:38 marketshare. That translates 1.5m DS into 920k PSPs, making it 640k sold in 2006.

2006:
DS - 900k (1.5m)
PS2 - 700k
PSP - 640k (0.92m)


This data fits Nintendo numbers (1.5m DS, PSP 38% marketshare of that, PS2 200k below DS) and Sony numbers (PS2 675k, PSP 650k).

It seems you're right. Numbers match and that its what's all about. You ever do good research on sales post. :)
Jokeropia
Member
(04-28-2007, 04:05 PM)

Originally Posted by .dmc

So is 150k for Wii any good? Seem to remember a few anecdotal reports that the Wii wasn't doing all that in Spain.

GC sold 300k lifetime, so 150k seems pretty good to me.
Miburou
Member
(04-28-2007, 06:28 PM)
Miburou's Avatar
1M5 = 1.5M? And here I was expecting some BMW tie-in. :D
JDSN
Banned
(04-28-2007, 06:32 PM)
JDSN's Avatar
"Ferrari bajo el capo", indeed.

Thread Tools