• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No More Heroes preview from Xplay

dkeane

The animation and graphics look nice. So much crazy style. This game looks like a ton of fun to play.

Looking great! Seems that there are one or two new wrestling moves in the second half of the video, although it's mostly a rehash of what we already know.

Viewt

snack said:
That guys name is Suda 51?

That is pretty awesome.
Well, sort of. His name is Goichi Suda. Go is Japanese for Five, and Ichi is Japanese for One. So when you look at it with the Japanese practice of putting last names first, you get Suda 51.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
yup. pretty much the best thing goin on Mature-wise for the Wii right now.
Haven't seen a third party game more exciting yet, too.

Hopefully it passes 50k :lol

Salmonax

Love the style and creativity. Hopefully they polish it up and have some decent steak to go along with the sizzle.

SonSon2

This cannot come out soon enough. What the hell is with the hosts? It sounds like they just learned the English language and are trying to explain something to an 8 year old.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
JoeMartin said:
Aside from it's massive framerate issues it looks cool.

I dont know, the old ones from the first trailer without the pixilated heart are pretty bad, but the new stuff seemed fine, I didnt notice any real hiccups in them. Though there is still a good 3-4 months till it releases in the US and probably 2 or so for Japan so I bet theyll be able to iron out any framerate problems in that time.

Ohh and awesome avatar, best comic ever.

Scenester

I really want to kick that dudes face in and then make out with the babe while she says the word 'Gamecube'

OMG my anticipation for this game could not possibly grow any larger, I want this now! It will be the best game ever

Still looks like it needs some polish (though am I wrong in saying that this is all old footage?) but i'm very hyped, could be great. Interested to see how the controls turn out.

Crow-kun

Banned
typo said:
Ahh... looking good.

They've fixed my biggest complaint about Killer 7 by actually making a game.
Don't worry no one has played it yet it still has a chance of having crappy game play.

Rezbit

X-Play sucks. This game however...so random but it looks awesome. I'm another one for the "Fix the framerate" camp though.

zallaaa

looks pretty badass and very very very gory. I love how you can split someone in half in a shower of blood :D I hope the controls are good...

Aristotlekh said:
Remember when X-Play was Extended Play and it was interesting?

Extended Play was awesome, solo Sessler and all about games, good times those were.

and No More Heroes is my most wanted non-Nintendo game for the Wii, it may even beat out some Nintendo games, it looks very good and the exact time of game im into it.

anyone who saw a bad framerate in that video was a result of their computer being a tad slow, because it was a smooth 30FPS for me on my Core 2 Duo 2.33GHZ Macbook Pro.

polyh3dron said:
anyone who saw a bad framerate in that video was a result of their computer being a tad slow, because it was a smooth 30FPS for me on my Core 2 Duo 2.33GHZ Macbook Pro.

how much ram you got in that bad boy???

Bust Nak

Ok, is the story going to fry my brain this time too? It's still crispy from the last frying, I don't think I can take another.

Totalriot

Bust Nak said:
Ok, is the story going to fry my brain this time too? It's still crispy from the last frying, I don't think I can take another.

No, the story should be much simpler than Killer 7.

BTW: I was wondering, is it true that Travis wins his Katana on an Ebay auction or did Xplay make this up?

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Totalriot said:
BTW: I was wondering, is it true that Travis wins his Katana on an Ebay auction or did Xplay make this up?

That's true.

This game looks amazing, and is the third must have Wii purchase of 07 for me, next to Metroid and Galaxy of course.

USD

The gameplay in Killer7 was good, but left a lot to be desired. This one looks promising, hopefully it has a lot more variety.

XPlay sucks, was probably going to buy it anyway. Nothing much new in here.

Suda says he's a normal guy outside of his work, and his games aren't much of an indication on him personally. Merely that he likes to make artistic games.
Game still on schedule for late 2007 (no specific region)

Top Bottom