• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Mustaphadamus
(07-15-2007, 07:34 PM)

Originally Posted by qirex

god I hope not, I like the current configuration.

me agrees with you
Madman
(07-15-2007, 07:34 PM)
Yeah, you would think the analog light and complete lack of Home button would have made people think twice, but alas, the internet never lets me down.
Visualante
(07-15-2007, 07:35 PM)

Originally Posted by womfalcs3

Hold the controller pressed against the base of your fingers, not the palms. When you do that, the left analog stick is ergonomically placed.

Problem solved.

No. But I like it how it is.
xaosslug
i refuse to w3lcome3 chang3! >:'(
capslock
Is jealous of Matlock's emoticon

Originally Posted by dfyb

most likely a photoshop. it's already been posted in other threads multiple times.

ahem

Those honestly look like something you would give a 1 year old to play with.
MassiveAttack
Banned
(07-15-2007, 07:36 PM)

Originally Posted by Madman

Yeah, you would think the analog light and complete lack of Home button would have made people think twice, but alas, the internet never lets me down.

Not to mention Sony would have demanded Lucas to take down the image... 2 days ago.
Gigglepoo

Originally Posted by Yoboman

Buzz has been out for years :lol

Ha! I've never heard of it before. Was that just a new version at E3? The controllers look frickin' identical.
Dega
Eeny Meenie Penis

Originally Posted by capslock

Those honestly look like something you would give a 1 year old to play with.

Yeah thats why I made that Fisher-Price remark.. I totally forgot about that buzz controller.
Mustaphadamus
(07-15-2007, 07:38 PM)

Originally Posted by dfyb

most likely a photoshop. it's already been posted in other threads multiple times.

ahem

touche
dfyb
Banned
(07-15-2007, 07:39 PM)

Originally Posted by Gigglepoo

Ha! I've never heard of it before. Was that just a new version at E3? The controllers look frickin' identical.

it's one of sony's euro series. there's like 4-5 buzz games in the series already.
DemonSwordsman
Banned
(07-15-2007, 07:47 PM)
The current PS3 controller is the best. Better than the 360 one.
Prime crotch
Banned
(07-15-2007, 07:50 PM)
What an awful photoshop. But I would love them to do something like this.
karasu
Likes his fat guys jiggly
(07-15-2007, 07:56 PM)
They didn't even remove the outline of the D-Pad when they put the analog stick in it's place.
RiskyChris
Banned
(07-15-2007, 07:58 PM)
Hey guys if you don't like the stick located there, maybe you should continue using the old controller. No need to flip the fork out.
Blackface
Banned
They also need to change the size of the joystick as well as change positions. The PS3 controller is one of the worst I have ever played with. people have just gotten used to it because of the PS2.
Yoboman
Banned

It's new to the US, but it's a million seller franchise in Europe
iapetus
Scary Euro Man
(07-15-2007, 08:02 PM)

Originally Posted by womfalcs3

Hold the controller pressed against the base of your fingers, not the palms. When you do that, the left analog stick is ergonomically placed.

Wait, people hold the controller pressed against their palms? Ew. No wonder some people hate DS2... :(
Ether_Snake
安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
(07-15-2007, 08:02 PM)
I don't like it. I don't like having the two thumbsticks in different locations like that. I like my Sixaxis/Dualshock.
Aegus
(07-15-2007, 08:03 PM)
Shame it's fake, I was hoping that after 10 years or so that they woudl finally get round to fixing it.
iidesuyo
(07-15-2007, 08:09 PM)
Have Buzz, EyeToy and Singstar never been released outside Europe?? Then it's not surprising that some people think Sony does only copy... Stuff like WiiFit too has already been done by Sony, it was called EyeToy Kinetic.
BocoDragon
or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
(07-15-2007, 08:12 PM)

Originally Posted by iidesuyo

Have Buzz, EyeToy and Singstar never been released outside Europe?? Then it's not surprising that some people think Sony does only copy... Stuff like WiiFit too has already been done by Sony, it was called EyeToy Kinetic.

That came out in North America too, as well as eyetoy and singstar.
tribal24
Banned
(07-15-2007, 08:13 PM)

Originally Posted by iidesuyo

remember any positive spin is always a negtive for sony thats how it works supposedely-_-
warthog
(07-15-2007, 08:14 PM)
Good it's fake, I would hate that. Looks like crap.
Pristine_Condition
(07-15-2007, 08:18 PM)

Sony debuted the same controllers this year for some quiz game. What the heck actually came first? It seemed like the two ideas debuted almost simultaneously.

Uh, Buzz came out in 2005.

EDIT: Beaten by a million years.
Miguga64
(07-15-2007, 08:20 PM)
Its Fake... the PS3 Controller is comfortable, even more than the Dualshock 2, thats because the joysticks are tallers than the dualshock2 joysticks
Setanta
(07-15-2007, 08:20 PM)

Originally Posted by karasu

They didn't even remove the outline of the D-Pad when they put the analog stick in it's place.

The dpad outline is also on the other end of the pad, around the buttons, its supposed to be like that.
RiskyChris
Banned
(07-15-2007, 08:26 PM)

Originally Posted by Miguga64

Its Fake... the PS3 Controller is comfortable, even more than the Dualshock 2, thats because the joysticks are tallers than the dualshock2 joysticks

In my experience, the PS3 controller is way less comfortable than the DS2, by virtue of the awkward triggers in back.
Dragona Akehi
Retired
(07-15-2007, 08:38 PM)
It doesn't look real to me (no PS button) but why on earth would they bother photoshopping it?
DarkJediKnight
(07-15-2007, 08:40 PM)
Looks like someone with little knowledge of games put it up. Kind of like the PGR3 Mclaren shot for GT5 banner.
DantesWrath
(07-15-2007, 08:44 PM)
Respect -1 to Kotaku for posting fake shit.
Keio
For a Finer World
(07-15-2007, 08:45 PM)
They might be going for a fancy Home touch area or something, using capacitance tech or something like that (similar to the power button on the console) on the controller?
Greg
(07-15-2007, 08:45 PM)
I would not touch that controller.
RiskyChris
Banned
(07-15-2007, 08:46 PM)

Originally Posted by DantesWrath

What the hell. They're posting it with caution all over the article.

Way to jump on them so quickly.
Gigglepoo
(07-15-2007, 08:47 PM)

Originally Posted by DarkJediKnight

Looks like someone with little knowledge of games put it up. Kind of like the PGR3 Mclaren shot for GT5 banner.

Why would someone who is completely ignorant about gaming photoshop the controller?
Woo-Fu
incest on the subway
(07-15-2007, 08:53 PM)
old and fake. We had too much good sony news there for a few days, but good to see we're back to normal.
Ranger X
Kohler: 1, Ranger X: 0

PS: Itoi > Kojima by a good green country mile

Originally Posted by Dragona Akehi

It doesn't look real to me (no PS button) but why on earth would they bother photoshopping it?

Because it makes their ads more attractive and more talked about? Look at what attention we are starting to give them!
Ghost
Chili Con Carnage!

Originally Posted by DantesWrath

its on the ****ing lucasarts website!!!

The reality is that it was probable made by some webdesign intern who just googled for a playstation controller and didnt realise his/her mistake.
Roi
(07-15-2007, 08:54 PM)
YES! :D

Ranger X
Kohler: 1, Ranger X: 0

PS: Itoi > Kojima by a good green country mile
(07-15-2007, 08:57 PM)

Originally Posted by Setanta

The dpad outline is also on the other end of the pad, around the buttons, its supposed to be like that.

The outline is right. But on the D-pad side there are also arrows in that outline and they didn't even bother removing them. And then this outline with arrows would probably be there around the D-pad anyways if it was anywhere more real than a photoshop...
xaosslug
(07-15-2007, 08:57 PM)

Originally Posted by Dragona Akehi

to mess with the Internet.
FiRez
(07-15-2007, 09:01 PM)
I wish it was real, it would make it more comfortable for the FPS games
Koren
(07-15-2007, 09:02 PM)

Originally Posted by Gary Whitta

If that's legit, looks like they're redesigning to more closely mimic the X360 controller layout - which would not be a bad thing IMO.

Same here. But it's a fake from a dualshock : see, there's no PS button...
Danne-Danger
(07-15-2007, 09:05 PM)
Can't say that I wouldn't like to have the alternative (though I'm perfectly fine with the current layout).
Woo-Fu
incest on the subway
(07-15-2007, 09:07 PM)

Originally Posted by FiRez

I wish it was real, it would make it more comfortable for the FPS games

Only for those of us whose left thumb is longer than their right. I'm not one of them, btw, but YMMV.

I have a 360, and use the 360 wireless controller on my pc as well. The net result of shifting the left thumbstick is this: I hold the 360 off center, towards the left(from my POV) side of my body. It is uncomfortable to hold it in the center due to its asymmetry. That isn't more comfortable in my book. It makes up for that weakness with good triggers and shape of the sticks, though. :)
xaosslug
(07-15-2007, 09:08 PM)
there was nothing wrong with the original DS/2 design as far as a small segment of people being developmentally challenged and unable to come to grips with its 'complicated' nature. ;P

i call bullshit.
dark10x
60 fps 60 fps 60 fps 60 fps 30 fps 60 fps 60 fps 30 fps
(07-15-2007, 09:08 PM)
I certainly hope not. I love the current position and am tired of everyone bitching about it. :P
cvxfreak
HOLY FUCKING CRAP
(07-15-2007, 09:12 PM)
If Sony changed it, it'd be kind of ironic since Nintendo went with the same layout for the Wii classic controller. :lol
The Faceless Master
(07-15-2007, 09:15 PM)
i remember i was gonna post a thread like this on friday.

i used the search function first and found this post so i didn't bother...

and then i kept reading that thread and found this post and was like "good thing i used search!"
Aeon712
(07-15-2007, 09:16 PM)
Good thing it's fake, no need to fix what isn't broken.
kikonawa
(07-15-2007, 09:18 PM)
looks quite fake