• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twisted Metal PS3 hint?

54ly7pc.jpg

http://www.frederiksamuel.com/blog/2007/07/playstation-3.html

Flo_Evans

Wario64 said:
Call me an idiot but how does this refer to Twisted Metal? Link doesn't load for me

the mushroom cloud is a clown... doesn't really look like the twisted metal clown to me though.

ToxicAdam

You have to give SSX credit for finding the most stupid, insepid animated avatars ever. For the almost 2 straight years I have been here at GAF.

kay

Here's what the site says
Agency: TBWA, Paris.
Creative Director: Erik Vervroegen
Art Director: Philippe Taroux
Copywriter: Benoit Leroux
Photographer: Thomas Mangold

TAGS: Clown, Explosion, France, Mushroom Cloud, Paris, Playstation 3, Print, Sony, TBWA

RELATED POSTS: Web Review: PSP, Forbidden Siren II, Guerilla advertising gone wrong,

Posted in Print Add to del.ici.us Digg It
Blogs that link to this post Permanent Link

This entry was posted by Freddy, on Monday, July 16th, 2007 at 9:59 am and is filed under Print. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

rothbart

Next-gen Sweettooth FTW!

But is that a faux-pas to imply your own megaton announcement/tease?

Wonder if Jaffe is involved?

BigFwoosh

Next-gen Twisted Metal would be awesome. I haven't really played one since the second one, but it was fun stuff. But the cloud could also mean...

NEXT-GEN BOZO THE CLOWN CONFIRMED

Kweh

I always got excited at the thought of when Ryan on one of the episodes of the 1Up Show briefly mentioned how cool a Twisted Metal in the Motorstorm engine would be...

rothbart said:
Wonder if Jaffe is involved?

Good call, Twisted Metal on the PSN would be sweet.

I always got excited at the thought of when Ryan on one of the episodes of the 1Up Show briefly mentioned how cool a Twisted Metal in the Motorstorm engine would be...

Give me Destruction Derby using the Motorstorm engine...

dabig2

Flo_Evans said:
I don't really see the resemblance

Caratula+Twisted+Metal+2.jpg

Another redesign perhaps. Heh, I didn't mean literally, but the depiction of a clown in a nuclear bomb teaser image definitely has you thinking sweet tooth in the first 3 seconds.

Haunted

That mushroom cloud looks nothing like the clown from the Twisted Metal series.

It could just be a different design and the clown itself is the Twisted Metal reference, though.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
That explosion takes place in Paris, eh? It's definitely Twisted Metal. Paris is a frequently reoccurring venue for the series. =D

DeadCell

Dear god I hope this is true.

Don't toy with my emotions, I'm fragile. :(

*waits anxiously for the subtle Jet Moto PS3 hint*

Awesome if true. If GT5 doesn't push me over the edge to purchasing a PS3, Twisted Metal will. They were the two reasons I jumped on a PS2 now that I think about it.

Firewire

Banned
Guys a week or to ago David Jaffe, on his site was asking people what they thought about Twisted Metal, what they liked about it, what they wanted to see for the next gen, if it was made.

This was long rumored that after Warhawk was done Incognito's next project was a full blown PS3 version of a new Twisted Metal game. And in some way it would involve David Jaffe.

Jim

Firewire said:
Guys a week or to ago David Jaffe, on his site was asking people what they thought about Twisted Metal, what they liked about it, what they wanted to see for the next gen, if it was made.

This was long rumored that after Warhawk was done Incognito's next project was a full blown PS3 version of a new Twisted Metal game. And in some way it would involve David Jaffe.

It certainly doesn't hurt that they already have the perfect engine (Calling All Cars/Warhawk) just waiting to be molded into an awesome new Twisted Metal game.

Top Bottom