• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

nategc
Banned
(07-24-2007, 05:19 AM)

Originally Posted by EktorPR

Oh c'mon, we've seen gameplay videos and the game looks (and runs) fine. Quit the whining.

shh..... your messing up the fun
RiverBed
Banned
why the **** would you post so many CG pics- if at all? you only make the game look even more horrid than it already is.
Tristam
In response to the AI comment, it depends on whether they incorporate that fancy "A-Life" system that was featured in the original.

I just don't know what to say about the game. It does look very dated, but judging by the gameplay video they're retaining all the stylistic elements that made NiGHTS such a wonder to play. I'm glad they showcased a Puffy lookalike as Puffy was my favorite Nightmaren in the original. The game's appearance is inconsistent at best: the model of the Puffy lookalike actually looks great, but the backgrounds are what kills the game. Not in terms of art style (as I said, it looks like NiGHTS), but in graphical fidelity.
EktorPR

Originally Posted by AdmiralViscen

I'm not whining. Just don't act like the game looks above average graphically, because it really doesn't.

What's "the average" supposed to look like on Wii?!
thefro
(07-24-2007, 05:20 AM)

I'm not whining. Just don't act like the game looks above average graphically, because it really doesn't.

http://www.gamespot.com/wii/action/n...&mode=previews

Originally Posted by Gamespot

NiGHTS' graphics are shaping up nicely. The game has a nice, stylized look to it that includes a lot of pleasant visual effects as you dart around through the various levels. There's a distinct aesthetic difference between some of the worlds. The main world we saw was rather colorful and cheery, while the boss stage was very dark, with a lot of deep reds and blacks. This represents the difference between the normal Nightopia and the corrupted Nightmaren areas. The game is already running at a solid frame rate, and the art style is quite lovely.

http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3161254

Originally Posted by 1up

Based on what we saw prior to E3, we were a bit worried about the game's visuals and style, but in motion, it looks great and maintains a lot of the character that made the original game so memorable.

Sounds like it's above-average to me. If the framerate turns out well (which IGN was worried about), it'll be an above-average Wii title graphically at the least (most shovelware and ports look a lot worse than that).
Last edited by thefro; 07-24-2007 at 05:29 AM.
Ninja Scooter
bow down to the
Kings in Raider hats
(07-24-2007, 05:20 AM)

Oh c'mon, we've seen gameplay videos and the game looks (and runs) fine. Quit the whining.

your definition of "fine" is different from mine then i guess. I wouldn't describe something that would have been right at home in 2001 as "fine".
Segata Sanshiro
(07-24-2007, 05:21 AM)

Originally Posted by Miguga64

My imagination or the Dreamcast version looks better?? :lol

I'd say your imagination since there isn't a Dreamcast version.
EktorPR
(07-24-2007, 05:22 AM)

Originally Posted by Segata Sanshiro

I'd say your imagination since there isn't a Dreamcast version.

:lol
Berserker
(07-24-2007, 05:25 AM)

Originally Posted by Ninja Scooter

Thats like the screenshot equivalent of a tranny suprise

:lol :lol
AdmiralViscen
Banned
(07-24-2007, 05:25 AM)

What's "the average" supposed to look like on Wii?!

An average late-gen XBox/GameCube game?
Phife Dawg
(07-24-2007, 05:28 AM)
Looks kinda meh. All is forgotten if it offers a great gaming experience though.

Please don't suck!

Originally Posted by _leech_

CG counts as screens now? Except for the last two, obviously.

Sure, CG even counts as a trailer nowadays.

Next-gen Nights:

Of All Trades
(07-24-2007, 05:31 AM)

Originally Posted by thefro

Sounds like it's above-average to me. If the framerate turns out well (which IGN was worried about), it'll be an above-average Wii title graphically at the least (most shovelware and ports look a lot worse than that).

Did they see a different video than the one shown right before E3? Because that looked pretty boring/terrible for a game releasing in 4-5 months up against Mario Galaxy. Or two years after Resident Evil 4.
Miguga64
(07-24-2007, 05:31 AM)
Oops...! too much information! lol!

Even with this... I'll get this game! :D
fernoca
(07-24-2007, 05:33 AM)

Originally Posted by Phife Dawg

Next-gen Nights:

But..but..Next-gen means 2450 x 1034!!!! :(
ToxicAdam
Banned
(07-24-2007, 05:33 AM)
I can't wait for the day that GAF bans Wii screenshots. They are an insult to gaming.
captain wow
(07-24-2007, 05:34 AM)

Looks kinda meh. All is forgotten if it offers a great gaming experience though.

Please don't suck!

This looks fantastic to me, considering i can sit down and still play nights:itd for hours, any graphical upgrade is nice. And when it comes down to it theres not much they can get wrong....the game is very simple after all.
fernoca
(07-24-2007, 05:35 AM)

Originally Posted by Of All Trades

Did they see a different video than the one shown right before E3? Because that looked pretty boring/terrible for a game releasing in 4-5 months up against Mario Galaxy. Or two years after Resident Evil 4.

They watched someone else playing the game.
anotherworld
Banned
(07-24-2007, 05:35 AM)

Originally Posted by MassiveAttack

Xbox 360/PS3 in game would of been..
Segata Sanshiro
(07-24-2007, 05:38 AM)

Originally Posted by anotherworld

DO NOT DRAG NIGHTS INTO YOUR DUMB SYSTEM WAR

Y2Kev
TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009

Please don't suck!

Sure, CG even counts as a trailer nowadays.

Next-gen Nights:

I don't know what's lamer: the fact some next-gen developers have created this stupid stigma of motion blur + extremely overdone bloom lighting in next-gen games or the fact people keep repeating it as if quality developers nowadays still do it.
AdmiralViscen
Banned

If someone went into a CoD4 thread and said "imagine this game with motion and pointer controls instead of busted dual analog," what would you say to them?
ivysaur12
(07-24-2007, 05:39 AM)

Was it necessary to quote that?
JzeroT1437
(07-24-2007, 05:41 AM)
Man, I love threads about how shoddy Wii screens look. After this, we should all go post thousands of sales charts and speculate who's going to win the GREAT CONSOLE WAR five years from now.

Seriously--Nights (the original and the new one) both look much, much better in motion than in shots. Everybody knows that.
nategc
Banned
(07-24-2007, 05:44 AM)

Originally Posted by ToxicAdam

I can't wait for the day that GAF bans Wii screenshots. They are an insult to gaming.

don't give them ideas.... the sony fans wanted to ban mainstream newspapers after e3.
Bildi
(07-24-2007, 05:46 AM)
I'm sure the game will look fine, but putting CG before Wii screens is just NOT a good idea. Ugh.
thetrin
Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion

Looking good to me. But you know, I actually like NiGHTS.

you PLAY games? What are you doing on GAF?
PolyGone
Banned

please show me a game on those machines that matches the quality of this cg
Jammy
Banned
(07-24-2007, 05:50 AM)
This game's graphics aren't that great, but the art style and color is what I want to see more of. Seriously, this has more color and imagination to it than 95% of "next-gen" games out there.
Segata Sanshiro
(07-24-2007, 05:53 AM)

Originally Posted by PolyGone

please show me a game on those machines that matches the quality of this cg

NO SYSTEM WARS. NIGHTS IS AN INNOCENT LAMB
voodoojohn
Banned
(07-24-2007, 05:55 AM)
Just scrap the game and make a NiGHTS movie using the cg.
captain wow
(07-24-2007, 05:56 AM)

Originally Posted by voodoojohn

NO!
Segata Sanshiro
(07-24-2007, 05:58 AM)

anotherworld
Banned
(07-24-2007, 05:58 AM)

If someone went into a CoD4 thread and said "imagine this game with motion and pointer controls instead of busted dual analog," what would you say to them?

HD,5.1, Amazing texture, physics.:lol
rakka
(07-24-2007, 05:59 AM)

Haha... no.
voodoojohn
Banned

Originally Posted by captain wow

NO!

Pixar could easily write up a gem of a script for this.
captain wow

Pixar could easily write up a gem of a script for this.

I SAID NO!
callous
(07-24-2007, 06:00 AM)

Originally Posted by PhoenixDark

Are the last two pics the DS version?

Hehehe. It's funny because, well, not because it's true, but because THEY REALLY DO LOOK SHITE ... don't they.
MassiveAttack
Banned
(07-24-2007, 06:02 AM)

Originally Posted by RiverBed

why the **** would you post so many CG pics- if at all? you only make the game look even more horrid than it already is.

brocke
Banned
(07-24-2007, 06:02 AM)

Originally Posted by MGrant

How is it possible for a dev to allow a sky looking that terrible in their game, in this day and age? Jesus, at least make it a high-res flat texture.

when the new consumers nintendo opened up with the wii include elderly people with poor vision. that's how.
Bildi
(07-24-2007, 06:03 AM)

Dream on sweet prince, dream on.
pyros
(07-24-2007, 06:05 AM)
in game shots look fine to me, drama queens infesting this thread
fernoca
(07-24-2007, 06:06 AM)

Originally Posted by MassiveAttack

:lol :lol :lol
Segata Sanshiro
(07-24-2007, 06:07 AM)
Ah good, another NiGHTS thread lost to ****ing asshole system warriors. Let me know when your guys' favourite games come out so I can eat a big bowl of chile and come over to your house to shit in your lap.
UltimaKilo
Wow, thanks for crushing my dream...
Xekrn
Banned
My eyes got raped.
fernoca
(07-24-2007, 06:09 AM)

Ah good, another NiGHTS thread lost to ****ing asshole system warriors. Let me know when your guys' favourite games come out so I can eat a big bowl of chile and come over to your house to shit in your lap.

Well, Segata..you know it was lost just during the first few replies of "Boohoohoo....I don't like how it looks"...

And I was like the second to admit that I liked the in-game pics, and still people continue whining..
captain wow
This thread should be restricted to nights fans.
LCGeek
formerly sane

Originally Posted by brocke

when the new consumers nintendo opened up with the wii include elderly people with poor vision. that's how.

So ederly people who could care less about nights are now an excuse for sega's inability to make a decent looking game.
AdmiralViscen
Banned
(07-24-2007, 06:10 AM)

It can still be a good game.
Segata Sanshiro
(07-24-2007, 06:12 AM)

It can still be a good game.

Of course, but can we get one ****ing thread about this game without it turning into this bullshit? It's ri-goddam-diculous.