• TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Jammy
Banned
(07-28-2007, 11:59 PM)

Originally Posted by kammy

Its short for fanatic.

A Wiifan would be someone who thinks WiiSports is GOTY.

An xfan is someone who thinks Halo is the best game ever

A Sony fan is someone who owns the best gaddamn console in the world (PS3)

:lol
Teknopathetic
(07-29-2007, 12:03 AM)
"The original NiGHTS played really slowly too, if you totally sucked at it... and judging by what we saw in the clip, the guy demoing the game REALLY sucked at it."

Nah, even looking at the stage design, there's really...not much there as far as linking through the stage.

A game like NiGHTS is heavily reliant on stage design (as well as music and atmosphere, Soft Museum was mindblowing in 1996), and I'm not sure if the Shadow the Hedgehog team is up to snuff.
Slavik81
(07-29-2007, 12:11 AM)
Why does this game look worse than a Gamecube game? WHY? WHY!? *sob*
Davidion
Rambunctious Rogue
yet
Regrets his Tag
(07-29-2007, 12:19 AM)

Originally Posted by Ninja Scooter

Thats like the screenshot equivalent of a tranny suprise

Word...
Setanta
(07-29-2007, 12:21 AM)

Originally Posted by Slavik81

Why does this game look worse than a Gamecube game? WHY? WHY!? *sob*

:lol
If i'm right in 'Kammy' language a Wii-Fan would respond with: BUT IT IS IN THE MOTION OF THE GAME, ITS HOW THE GAME LOOKS AND FEELS WITH TEH REMOTE

Am I right with the fanisms?

'Fanism' sucks if that is the case, i'd rather read a review or atleast garner an opinion first from a magazine or gaming site first, to how it actually plays! Although looking at a video tells a lot too, if going by Mario Galaxy shows.
monkeylite
(07-29-2007, 12:33 AM)
First few looked like PS3/360 version. Last two not so much...

And I tried to defend the graphics on this game today in another thread...

Crap looks like... well crap.

Factor-5 and RE4 are the living proof that the GameCube architecture can do wonders. Why the hell are developers so lazy with the Wii game which isn't even a port?

Disgaea is another story. The series has never been about the graphics. But I remember NiGHTS actually had good graphics for its time and console.
AIRic
(07-29-2007, 12:52 AM)
Still looks good to me, but I never had the chance to see HD games in front of me yet (Nintendo & PC forever). It will be my first NIGHT experience, I hope this franchise will live of his hype!
Azure Dream
(07-29-2007, 02:47 AM)
Really... no one else said it?

Japan Time? (Most of that seems to be roman numerals, but not all.)
JonathanEx
(07-29-2007, 03:16 AM)
Reminds me of London, actually.
Lobster
Banned
(07-29-2007, 03:25 AM)
I took some shots myself of the trailer to prove its not as ugly a game as some think..sorry for the quality..

Edit: DEEPLY sorry..
Elfforkusu
(07-29-2007, 03:28 AM)

Originally Posted by AniHawk

This is the second time NiGHTS has been sent up against Mario. What is Sega thinking?

Sega doesn't do "thinking".
not since the Dreamcast

Anyway, how about GAF goes over to Sonic Team USA and forms a blockade from now until next June? Nobody goes in, nobody goes out. They'll have no choice but to work on the game an extra 7 months.
AniHawk
Cranky. Very cranky.
Rather sarcastic to boot.
(07-29-2007, 03:30 AM)

Originally Posted by Elfforkusu

Sega doesn't do "thinking".
not since the Dreamcast

Anyway, how about GAF goes over to Sonic Team USA and forms a blockade from now until next June? Nobody goes in, nobody goes out. They'll have no choice but to work on the game an extra 7 months.

Or starve to death.
Y2Kev
TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
(07-29-2007, 04:02 AM)
Those are awful captures :lol
temjin
Banned
(07-29-2007, 04:06 AM)
maybe i'm blinded by love for NiGHTS, but the videos I've seen looked pretty stunning to me.
rakka
(07-29-2007, 04:07 AM)

Originally Posted by monkeylite

Show me a PS3/360 game that looks like the CG screens.

Crap looks like... well crap.

This is true though.

Factor-5 and RE4 are the living proof that the GameCube architecture can do wonders. Why the hell are developers so lazy with the Wii game which isn't even a port?

Devs are lazy, yes. But I believe this project started as a PS3/360 game? So it could be counted as a port.
Xeke
Banned
(07-29-2007, 04:09 AM)

Originally Posted by monkeylite

Yeah, I wish PS3/360 games looked that good.
angelfly
(07-29-2007, 04:11 AM)

Originally Posted by rakka

Devs are lazy, yes. But I believe this project started as a PS3/360 game? So it could be counted as a port.

The Wii is the only reason it exist.
Innotech
Banned
(07-29-2007, 04:12 AM)
it looks fantastic on an artistic level.
ghibli99
(07-29-2007, 04:35 AM)
CG looks nice... pretty consistent with the dreamlike look/feel of the Saturn clips, minus the obvious blockiness. The two game engine shots don't really show much.

NiGHTS on the SS wasn't a technical marvel. Draw distance was laughable, framerate jumped from 15-30ish, etc., but the gameplay, music, artistic originality/variety, controls, really made it stand out as one of the best experiences on the system.

I have no idea what this one is going to be like, but I'm looking forward to it w/ cautious optimism. I never felt like this game needed a sequel, though, because the first one was a very satisfying and enjoyable game (and Christmas NiGHTS was a great encore/"dessert").
Threi
notag
(07-29-2007, 04:40 AM)

Originally Posted by Lobster

I took some shots myself of the trailer to prove its not as ugly a game as some think..sorry for the quality..

*wtf is this shit*

Edit: DEEPLY sorry..

:lol :lol :lol
evilromero
(07-29-2007, 04:43 AM)

Originally Posted by Innotech

it looks fantastic on an artistic level.

Not when you consider it looks EXACTLY like there original.
Innotech
Banned
(07-29-2007, 05:04 AM)

Originally Posted by evilromero

Not when you consider it looks EXACTLY like there original.

yeah? well youre a goddamned furry.
Lobster
Banned
(07-29-2007, 05:20 AM)

Originally Posted by Mr. Pachunga Chung

:lol :lol :lol

They didn't turn out quite as I hoped :( the ones I took of Sonic were great but the Nights video(quality wise) is already a piece of crap and I made it even into more crap.

Edit: Im still leaving them there since they look better then the overside screenshots that were released offically.
TheRipDizz
Banned
(07-29-2007, 05:22 AM)

Originally Posted by ghibli99

CG looks nice... pretty consistent with the dreamlike look/feel of the Saturn clips, minus the obvious blockiness. The two game engine shots don't really show much.

NiGHTS on the SS wasn't a technical marvel. Draw distance was laughable, framerate jumped from 15-30ish, etc., but the gameplay, music, artistic originality/variety, controls, really made it stand out as one of the best experiences on the system.

I have no idea what this one is going to be like, but I'm looking forward to it w/ cautious optimism. I never felt like this game needed a sequel, though, because the first one was a very satisfying and enjoyable game (and Christmas NiGHTS was a great encore/"dessert").

BS. It was a damn fine looking game technically for its time.
jiangjunizzy
Banned
(07-29-2007, 06:04 AM)
if what i read is correct; why are they getting the already known-to-be-failures, the shadow the hedgehog team, to do such an important game? from what i understand that game didn't do too well and such an important game such as this... well, it seems like they don't care..
tiltnkirby
(07-29-2007, 06:12 AM)

Originally Posted by jiangjunizzy

if what i read is correct; why are they getting the already known-to-be-failures, the shadow the hedgehog team, to do such an important game? from what i understand that game didn't do too well and such an important game such as this... well, it seems like they don't care..

I loved Shadow the Hedgehog. That is, loved to laugh at it.
Scottlarock
Banned
(07-29-2007, 07:00 AM)
thanks for whoever bumped this thread, but :lol

Ninjascooter said it best. the first few screens I was like wow, they really pushed the wii hardware than BAM!

after playing RSC2 and some other games on the xbox, and the wii being more powerful... I thought the CGs were real!
rakka
(07-29-2007, 07:04 AM)

Originally Posted by Scottlarock

after playing RSC2 and some other games on the xbox, and the wii being more powerful... I thought the CGs were real!

Name one game that looks as good as the CG.

PC/360/PS3, anything.
M3d10n
(07-29-2007, 07:30 AM)

Originally Posted by ghibli99

I have two words for you: Soft Museum.
Doel
(07-29-2007, 07:33 AM)

Originally Posted by BrodiemanTTR

Scrolling through all the screens and then hitting the last two. :lol :lol

OMG :lol

And Nintendo Power in their newest issue called this game a "gorgeous Wii exclusive" and "if the game is as great as the visuals...NIGHTS be one of the year's biggest exclusives".
rakka
(07-29-2007, 07:33 AM)

Originally Posted by Doel

And Nintendo Power in their newest issue called this game a "gorgeous Wii exclusive" and "if the game is as great as the visuals...NIGHTS be one of the year's biggest exclusives".

el oh el.
schuelma
Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
(08-18-2007, 03:27 AM)
New screens

http://www.1up.com/do/media?cId=3158265

Looks...better?
rakka
(08-18-2007, 03:28 AM)
Would have preferred a new thread :P

But yes, they look alright.
schuelma
Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
(08-18-2007, 03:29 AM)

Originally Posted by rakka

Would have preferred a new thread :P

But yes, they look alright.

Eh..didn't know if 5 new screens were enough to justify a new thread.