• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mysterious Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer DS coming to US?

Emotions

Apparently so says Gamestop :
http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=180471

The date of the release :
2/1/2008 (placeholder probably)

Let's hope it is really true and we see this game coming here.

Some pics for reminder :
ME0000770140_2.jpg
ME0000764882_2.jpg

ME0000764880_2.jpg
ME0000758556_2.jpg

ME0000758534_2.jpg
ME0000735711_2.jpg

Saitou

Banned
The Roguelike to end all Roguelikes.

pleasebetruepleasebetruepleasebetruepleasebetruepleasebetruepleasebetruepleasebetruepleasebetruepleasebetruepleasebetruepleasebetruepleasebetruepleasebetruepleasebetruepleasebetruepleasebetrue

ethelred

Wow! Go Sega of America! Never would've thought they'd actually bring it over. Now do Sakura Taisen DS and Sangokushi Taisen DS.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
holy fuck YES, I was wondering when the heck they were going to bring this here.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Hope that they'll keep the awesome boxart.

-man, every awesome old japanese games are coming in NA now?

I read about this somewhere a while back but hot damn that looks pretty.

If they add new locations and items and such I will buy it for sure. I love love love love love this game.

Soul4ger

You know damn well that right now, someone at Sega is reading this and saying, "Wait, the response to this game is GOOD? Well, we're just gonna have to cancel an American release, we can't have that!" Fucking Sega.

YESSSSS

There's been so much good, surprising news lately. US Fire Pro, the DQ remakes, new Kunio-kun Dodgeball, US Power Pro, and now this. Someone out there likes me! And whoever it is should get to work on some new Cave home ports.

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
Whoa. Respect to Sega, even if I would have translated it as "Shiren the Vagabond". I hope they use the lovely Akiman art for the cover.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
The best part about roguelikes getting US releases is the categorically awful reviews they get from poor journalists who know nothing about the genre, don't enjoy it, and are forced to write the review anyway.

Whoa...this looks good.

But...I'm scared by people calling it "rogue-like".

The only game I know of that I played that was considered "rogue-like"(even though I don't know what that means) was Pokemon Mystery Dungeon.

I could only play that game for about 10 minutes before getting really bored.

What are some other examples of rogue-likes (or what are they exactly)? I'd grab this on day 1 except for my mental connection to PMD.

Teasel

Forgotten Ancient said:
Whoa...this looks good.

But...I'm scared by people calling it "rogue-like".

The only game I know of that I played that was considered "rogue-like"(even though I don't know what that means) was Pokemon Mystery Dungeon.

I could only play that game for about 10 minutes before getting really bored.

What are some other examples of rogue-likes (or what are they exactly)? I'd grab this on day 1 except for my mental connection to PMD.
nah it's just pokemon mysterious dungeon that just plain sucks,think playing pokemon dungeon only it's hella hard and has a lot more variety,here's an article describing a playtrough of shiren
http://www.gamesetwatch.com/2007/07/play_journal_of_the_trip_to_ta.php#more

Teasel

Forgotten Ancient said:
Was that a blog describing the playthrough for the entire game?

I stopped reading really quick because it looked like it would spoil the whole thing. :(
it's not an entire playtrough but it goes pretty far and it spoils quite a bit so it's your choice to read it or not

Top Bottom