• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

new Super Mario Galaxy Famitsu scans (AUG 9)

bumpkin

Awesome! Thanks a bunch, neo.

Note to third parties: the Wii can make nice looking games if you, you know, actually TRY.

Capndrake

Magikoopas? Dry Bones? Cataquacks? Splunkins (Pumpkin guys from NSMB)? Holy shit, is this going to have enemies from every Mario game ever?

EDIT: Also the penguins from SM64.

Borys

Banned
Pirate World? Yes!
Clock world with huge clock gears (cogs) spinning around? Yes!
Huge mole boss? Yes!
Desert World? Yes!

Ok... I clicked on just one of those pages and got:
Bee mario, Boo mario, a big haunted looking castle, pumpkin goombas or something (like when you fully complete Mario World), a room full of cannons, a giant monty mole boss...

EXCITE.

Looking at the other pages now.

Wollan

Capndrake said:
Magikoopas? Dry Bones? Cataquacks? Splunkins (Pumpkin guys from NSMB)? Holy shit, is this going to have enemies from every Mario game ever?
It's like a Super Mario World but for the 3D ages. Concentrated awesome.

amazing.

this game takes away the excuse third parties have of 'yeah but nintendo aren't pushing the system so why should we?'.

FERRRARAAARI UNDER TEH HUD

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Looks really darn good. I hate the rim lighting effect or whatever they're using though.

Capndrake

Oh god, the last page of the interview has a QUESTION MARK BLOCK.

That's the first time it's in a 3D Mario platformer, thank you Nintendo.

I knew there was a reason I got that Wii. Well... that reason was Wii Sports. And the Virtual Console. And Zelda. MP3's coming too. Eventually Mario Kart... whatever. I don't regret it, OK?

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
this is already better than super mario 64 was. loving the no gravity/changing gravity idea already.

This metroid and SSB:B is making for 3 pretty good reasons to own a wii.

Haunted

:O :O :O

My god. So fucking good.

128fs3512924.gif

Fabiollo

It almost looks like a 360 games, but with colors! (no trolling meant here, I simply love Nintendo's way of using colors)

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
Can someone please explain to me how come Nintendo can make a worthy 3D mario game all of a sudden after 11 years especially coming off of Sunshine? Did they purposely make Sunshine average if they were capable of this all along?

Shaheed79 said:
Can someone please explain to me how come Nintendo can make a worthy 3D mario game all of a sudden after 11 years especially coming off of Sunshine? Did they purposely make Sunshine average if they were capable of this all along?
Gamecube was really that much of a failure. It probably affected morale within Nintendo's rank.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Shaheed79 said:

sunshine was great, they just tripped over on the last lap (blue coins)

they learned really big lessons from sunshine and its reception as well. everyone should be saying thanks to sunshine for being a bit lamer than 64 about now.

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
titiklabingapat said:
Gamecube was really that much of a failure. It probably affected morale within Nintendo's rank.
I personally felt it was cost savings that ruined Sunshine. Some of the levels look thrown together and there aren't nearly enough of them. I hardly see it as a true sequel to the franchise. Maybe they were shamed by it and sought to correct their mistake by catching lightning and magic in a bottle.

Top Bottom