• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Kumiko Nikaido
Vindication...sweet.
(08-14-2007, 06:34 AM)


Exactly as the title says. Gamestop and EB stores will close reservations on the Legendary Editon of Halo 3 on Tuesday, August 14th.

The Regular Edition and Collector's Editon SKU will still be active until they are covered for their allocations.

If you've been holding out on the Legendary Edition, you have until the end of the business day on the 14th to make up your mind. Make it a good one. Heh.
B-Rad Lascelle
Banned
(08-14-2007, 06:36 AM)
You know... for the extra $70 ponied up for all of that Legendary crap one could buy themselves BIOSHOCK!
armubaba
Member
(08-14-2007, 06:37 AM)
Fuck.
Bebpo
trying to mount a comeback
(08-14-2007, 06:37 AM)
Bebpo's Avatar
Hmm...are you really going to need to pre-order for Halo 3? I haven't pre-ordered for a game in like 3 years, and was figuring on walking into best buy or something on midnight launch night.
Muppet345
Member
(08-14-2007, 06:37 AM)

Originally Posted by B-Rad Lascelle

You know... for the extra $70 ponied up for all of that Legendary crap one could buy themselves BIOSHOCK!

Do it, GAF!

Or buy them both for $200
Imperial Hot
Member
(08-14-2007, 06:37 AM)
Imperial Hot's Avatar
Good thing I pre-ordered it.
Saterium
Member
(08-14-2007, 06:38 AM)
Saterium's Avatar
I don't understand why they'd do this? Do they not like making money on a crappy helmet.

P.S - I have this preordered =(
GhaleonEB
knows his net worth
(08-14-2007, 06:38 AM)
GhaleonEB's Avatar

Originally Posted by Bebpo

Hmm...are you really going to need to pre-order for Halo 3? I haven't pre-ordered for a game in like 3 years, and was figuring on walking into best buy or something on midnight launch night.

You will need to pre-order the Legendary Edition, most likely. Unlike the Collector's Edition, it really is scarce - the factory they were built in was torn down after they were produced. If you just want the regular or CE, though there's no reason to pre-order.

Also: Biofuck.
Bebpo
trying to mount a comeback
(08-14-2007, 06:40 AM)
Bebpo's Avatar

Originally Posted by GhaleonEB

You will need to pre-order the Legendary Edition, most likely. Unlike the Collector's Edition, it really is scarce - the factory they were built in was torn down after they were produced. If you just want the regular or CE, though there's no reason to pre-order.

Also: Biofuck.

What's in the CE? I definitely don't want the Legendary, and was figuring on going with the regular edition, but might pay the extra for the CE if it's bonus disc stuff or something. I liked the Halo 2 one.
B-Rad Lascelle
Banned
(08-14-2007, 06:41 AM)

Originally Posted by Saterium

I don't understand why they'd do this? Do they not like making money on a crappy helmet.

P.S - I have this preordered =(

You're also buying BioShock, right? If not, you should really reconsider. The almighty Spartan Mjolnir Mark VI helmet does not help you score chicks if you wear it in public. (And why else would one want to embarass themselves in said fashion if not to score chicks?)
Tieno
Member
(08-14-2007, 06:42 AM)
Tieno's Avatar

Originally Posted by Bebpo

What's in the CE? I definitely don't want the Legendary, and was figuring on going with the regular edition, but might pay the extra for the CE if it's bonus disc stuff or something. I liked the Halo 2 one.

Game Disc & Manual
Interactive Xbox 360 Disc (behind the scenes stuff)
Beastiarum (art book)
Saterium
Member
(08-14-2007, 06:44 AM)
Saterium's Avatar

Originally Posted by B-Rad Lascelle

You're also buying BioShock, right? If not, you should really reconsider. The almighty Spartan Mjolnir Mark VI helmet does not help you score chicks if you wear it in public. (And why else would one want to embarass themselves in said fashion if not to score chicks?)

Of course, C.E of that too because I'm a sucker for useless stuff.
B-Rad Lascelle
Banned
(08-14-2007, 06:47 AM)

Originally Posted by Saterium

Of course, C.E of that too because I'm a sucker for useless stuff.

I'm a sucker for useless stuff, too. But $10 is my limit. For the games I buy that's a realistic bonus for extra goodies. An extra $70 (or $60 beyond the CE) is just frivolous.

Same goes for Rockstar and their $30 premium on GTA IV.

Unless you're giving me extra GAME CONTENT my cap on special editions is 10 bucks.
Stabby McSter
Member
(08-14-2007, 06:48 AM)
Stabby McSter's Avatar
What's the minimum pre-order payment for Halo 3 Legendary anyways?
Saterium
Member
(08-14-2007, 06:52 AM)
Saterium's Avatar

Originally Posted by B-Rad Lascelle

I'm a sucker for useless stuff, too. But $10 is my limit. For the games I buy that's a realistic bonus for extra goodies. An extra $70 (or $60 beyond the CE) is just frivolous.

Same goes for Rockstar and their $30 premium on GTA IV.

Unless you're giving me extra GAME CONTENT my cap on special editions is 10 bucks.

Yeah I know what you mean, I felt like a tool preordering it and at the end of the day it's best not to think too hard about it. I'll beable to look over my plastic helmet with pride and know that it cost me $70!

What's the minimum pre-order payment for Halo 3 Legendary anyways?

20 bones here in Canada, shouldn't be too different for the US.
Sean
Member
(08-14-2007, 06:55 AM)
Sean's Avatar

Originally Posted by Stabby McSter

What's the minimum pre-order payment for Halo 3 Legendary anyways?

I preordered about 2 weeks ago at GameStop, was a $25 deposit.
Spider_Jerusalem
Member
(08-14-2007, 06:56 AM)
Spider_Jerusalem's Avatar

Originally Posted by B-Rad Lascelle

You know... for the extra $70 ponied up for all of that Legendary crap one could buy themselves BIOSHOCK!

Well'I've got both preordered: Bioshock Big Daddy Edition and Halo 3 Nice Helmet Edition :D
SpudBud
Member
(08-14-2007, 06:58 AM)
SpudBud's Avatar

Originally Posted by Spider_Jerusalem

Well'I've got both preordered: Bioshock Big Daddy Edition and Halo 3 Nice Helmet Edition :D

Same :D
GhaleonEB
knows his net worth
(08-14-2007, 07:01 AM)
GhaleonEB's Avatar

Originally Posted by Bebpo

What's in the CE? I definitely don't want the Legendary, and was figuring on going with the regular edition, but might pay the extra for the CE if it's bonus disc stuff or something. I liked the Halo 2 one.

The Collector's Edition is $69.99 ($10 more than the regular). Tieno posted the slipcase cover. Here's the tin and contents:



Halo 3 Collector's Edition:

--Collectible Metal Case
--Halo 3 for Xbox 360
--Bestiarum: A hard cover, bound collection of information and art covering the species, cultures and civilizations of Halo 3.

On the Interactive Xbox 360 Bonus disc:
--Hi-Def Halo: Bungie's graphics and audio engineers have created a simple to use, Halo-themed calibration tool to make the most of your Home Theater experience.
--Art Attack: Exclusive Halo 3 Gamer Pics and Dashboard theme, a vast gallery of concept and production art (complete with musical accompaniment) and a fully playable version of a classic Halo-themed mini-game.
--Featurettes: A series of short films covering a range of subjects, from making your Network play nice with Multiplayer, to the challenges of building the biggest Halo ever.

Legendary bonus content is outlined here. For most fans, I think the CE is the best ratio of price:content. The LE is for we fanatics. :)
Tieno
Member
(08-14-2007, 07:04 AM)
Tieno's Avatar
I am no match for the Ghaleon. I am ashamed. :'(
Odysseus
Banned
(08-14-2007, 07:06 AM)
legendary goes beyond "fanatics," ghaleon. lunatics even think it's crazy.
Bebpo
trying to mount a comeback
(08-14-2007, 07:07 AM)
Bebpo's Avatar
That looks hot.

Definitely going for the CE.
RumFore
Banned
(08-14-2007, 07:07 AM)

Originally Posted by B-Rad Lascelle

You know... for the extra $70 ponied up for all of that Legendary crap one could buy themselves BIOSHOCK!

You're a damn genius. Listen to this man.
BradVanDam
Member
(08-14-2007, 07:14 AM)
BradVanDam's Avatar
legendary is really a waste you'll probably be able to "Find" the bonus disc shortly after launch anyways
Tieno
Member
(08-14-2007, 07:15 AM)
Tieno's Avatar

Originally Posted by BradVanDam

legendary is really a waste you'll probably be able to "Find" the bonus disc shortly after launch anyways

You mean pirate?
antispin
Member
(08-14-2007, 07:15 AM)
antispin's Avatar
Can you wear that helmet?
Tieno
Member
(08-14-2007, 07:16 AM)
Tieno's Avatar

Originally Posted by antispin

Can you wear that helmet?

Your cat can. It's specifically designed for cats.
Wollan
Banned
(08-14-2007, 07:16 AM)
Legendary fully paid for back in spring. Guess I'm the biggest Halo fan on this board.
Odysseus
Banned
(08-14-2007, 07:18 AM)

Originally Posted by antispin

Can you wear that helmet?

you know, this sku reminds me of something luke said one time on 1up yours about wearing helmets
antispin
Member
(08-14-2007, 07:19 AM)
antispin's Avatar

Originally Posted by Tieno

Your cat can. It's specifically designed for cats.

:(

I like helmets. Also cats
BamYouHaveAids
Member
(08-14-2007, 07:21 AM)
BamYouHaveAids's Avatar

Originally Posted by Tieno

You mean pirate?

Do you really consider watching the content of a bonus disk as pirating?
GhaleonEB
knows his net worth
(08-14-2007, 07:21 AM)
GhaleonEB's Avatar

Originally Posted by antispin

:(

I like helmets. Also cats

Then don't put it on your cat, unless your cat has a narrow, rectangular head. Or, unless you want your cat to have a narrow, rectangular head.

Originally Posted by BamYouHaveAids

Do you really consider watching the content of a bonus disk as pirating?

Do you really consider watching movies ripped from DVDs online as pirating?
antispin
Member
(08-14-2007, 07:22 AM)
antispin's Avatar

Originally Posted by Odysseus

you know, this sku reminds me of something luke said one time on 1up yours about wearing helmets

His dad had great taste in helmets
newsguy
Member
(08-14-2007, 07:23 AM)
newsguy's Avatar

Originally Posted by Tieno

Your cat can. It's specifically designed for cats.

This requires a photoshop for accuracy.
Tieno
Member
(08-14-2007, 07:23 AM)
Tieno's Avatar

Originally Posted by BamYouHaveAids

Do you really consider watching the content of a bonus disk as pirating?

Yes. What else would it be?
Don't use "find", just use download or pirate.
GhaleonEB
knows his net worth
(08-14-2007, 07:24 AM)
GhaleonEB's Avatar

Originally Posted by Tieno

Yes. What else would it be?

Rationalizing.
Odysseus
Banned
(08-14-2007, 07:26 AM)
so it's confirmed that legendary will have content not available in collectors other than that stupid helmet?

that's kind of jacked up.
Tieno
Member
(08-14-2007, 07:29 AM)
Tieno's Avatar

Originally Posted by newsguy

This requires a photoshop for accuracy.



Originally Posted by Odysseus

so it's confirmed that legendary will have content not available in collectors other than that stupid helmet?

that's kind of jacked up.

Yes, remastered HD cutscenes of Halo 1 and 2 with commentary from Marty, Jason Jones and someone else I forgot. Also a calibration tool, plus a bigger version of the art book on the dvd.
Hitler Stole My Potato
Banned
(08-14-2007, 07:29 AM)
All I know is that I'm sure as hell not going to another midnight release like I did for Halo 2. That was ridiculous. I was standing in line in the cold with literally thousands of people weaving in and around a parking garage at the mall until 3 in the morning. I got home, played for an hour and fell asleep. When I woke up later that day I found out that you could just walk into pretty much any store and pick up the limited edition. They made a ton of 'em. I felt like a class A, first rate jackass.


No more preorders! No more midnight release parties! And certainly no crazy helmet pack-in SKUs!
GhaleonEB
knows his net worth
(08-14-2007, 07:29 AM)
GhaleonEB's Avatar

Originally Posted by Odysseus

so it's confirmed that legendary will have content not available in collectors other than that stupid helmet?

that's kind of jacked up.

So it's confirmed that the Collector's Edition will have content not available in the regular edition? That's kind of jacked up.

Seriously, chill. The Legendary set has a third disk of stuff aimed at the hardcore fan (the same that would want the helmet to begin with) and a set of printed storyboards. God forbid they should add content to a $130 deluxe collector's set.

http://nikon.bungie.org/bwu/index.html?item=130
Rhindle
Member
(08-14-2007, 07:33 AM)
Rhindle's Avatar
so is that a full size, functional helmet that you can wear at the beach and stuff?
Tieno
Member
(08-14-2007, 07:34 AM)
Tieno's Avatar

Originally Posted by Rhindle

so is that a full size, functional helmet that you can wear at the beach and stuff?

For your cat.
JCBossman
Banned
(08-14-2007, 07:35 AM)
On Noez and me without my $129 what to do,what to do...
Odysseus
Banned
(08-14-2007, 07:36 AM)

Originally Posted by GhaleonEB

So it's confirmed that the Collector's Edition will have content not available in the regular edition? That's kind of jacked up.

Seriously, chill. The Legendary set has a third disc of stuff aimed at the hardcore fan (the same that would want the helmet to begin with) and a set of printed storyboards.

http://nikon.bungie.org/bwu/index.html?item=130

forget that, it's stupid. helmet = retarded. what, am i going to display that thing? shine a light on it? make it a centerpiece of my halo shrine? bonus disk = hardcore halo fan would want. hardcore halo fan shouldn't have to spend $whatever for a ridiculous helmet when all he wants is the daggum video extras. hopefully ms will do the "right" thing and release it on video marketplace, at least. particularly since the legendary edition is truly going to be in limited quantities, unlike the collector's edition which will be limited to however many copies they can sell.
Rhindle
Member
(08-14-2007, 07:38 AM)
Rhindle's Avatar

Originally Posted by Tieno

For your cat.

If Frankie throws in his cat I will totally buy this.
Tieno
Member
(08-14-2007, 07:40 AM)
Tieno's Avatar

Originally Posted by Odysseus

forget that, it's stupid. helmet = retarded. what, am i going to display that thing? shine a light on it? make it a centerpiece of my halo shrine? bonus disk = hardcore halo fan would want. hardcore halo fan shouldn't have to spend $whatever for a ridiculous helmet when all he wants is the daggum video extras. hopefully ms will do the "right" thing and release it on video marketplace, at least. particularly since the legendary edition is truly going to be in limited quantities, unlike the collector's edition which will be limited to however many copies they can sell.

Doesn't CE have the content you want?

I still don't know it, as much as I want to the Legendary Edition, it's the extra money of an entire game and with so many good games coming it's becoming harder to justify that expense.
Last edited by Tieno; 08-14-2007 at 07:46 AM.
Striker
got struck
(08-14-2007, 07:44 AM)
Striker's Avatar
I'm going to be content with the Collector's Edition.

I just want Midnight freakin' Madness! :D
GhaleonEB
knows his net worth
(08-14-2007, 07:46 AM)
GhaleonEB's Avatar

Originally Posted by Odysseus

forget that, it's stupid. helmet = retarded. what, am i going to display that thing? shine a light on it? make it a centerpiece of my halo shrine? bonus disk = hardcore halo fan would want. hardcore halo fan shouldn't have to spend $whatever for a ridiculous helmet when all he wants is the daggum video extras. hopefully ms will do the "right" thing and release it on video marketplace, at least. particularly since the legendary edition is truly going to be in limited quantities, unlike the collector's edition which will be limited to however many copies they can sell.

Hardcore Halo fan doesn't have to spend jack or squat on anything, and nor do you. Remember the Lord of the Rings movie sets? How they put out the regular, two disk versions and then the huge four disk sets? And then the four disk set with a bust made from Weta for each movie? Were you lambasting that? Do you freak out like this every time there are multiple SKUs for an entertainment product released? This is not a phenomena limited to the gaming medium - companies put out big collector sets for hardcore fans all the time, because said hardcore fans want them.

The "right" thing to do is to make the $130 worth it, and I think they've added enough content to do so. You like to put a lot of effort into shitting on stuff you don't want and will never buy, quite often. But as the pre-orders and forum posts indicate, there are some people who want this stuff. Helmet? Cool, that will look awesome on my shelf. Sold. Don't want it? Don't buy it.
BamYouHaveAids
Member
(08-14-2007, 07:47 AM)
BamYouHaveAids's Avatar

Originally Posted by Tieno

Yes. What else would it be?

Pirate sounds so dirty, can't we just say they are economically acumen aficionados? That sounds nice and prestigious.
Tieno
Member
(08-14-2007, 07:50 AM)
Tieno's Avatar

Originally Posted by BamYouHaveAids

Pirate sounds so dirty, can't we just say they are economically acumen aficionados? That sounds nice and prestigious.

It is what it as and you do what you do. No need to pretty it up.

Thread Tools