• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

An Epic Name
Banned
(12-15-2008, 02:38 AM)

Originally Posted by EazyB

Unfortunately I don't remember what they talked about. I'm sure they didn't let anything terribly juicy slip but with the nature of ODST's hub world I'm sure they've taken a look at Far Cry 2.

Also, in search for any info about an OXM ODST article I stumbled upon this article. It's about Bungie's split from MS. Doesn't really contain anything new I don't think but it goes into detail about how things went down. Here's some exerts that interest me:
Can't wait to see their new IPs

And this brings me back to Far Cry 2. I know I've already preached about how awesome its map editor is but I'd love to see Bungie take some notes from it. Last night I hoped onto the Far Cry 2 map community and downloaded most of the Halo related maps. Some of them are absolutely amazing and are great examples as to why Bungie should pay it some attention. I'll grab some screens of the awesome maps I downloaded (as well as some of the horrid ones for the lulz) but until then I'll just link to the Valhalla remake I created in case anyone missed it. The tools are advanced and somewhat overwhelming at first but it only took me 15 hours to create this map and learn all editing tools.

Oh yeah, 80K fucking posts!

Wanna play some H3 too celebrate?! I'm bored =/
Tashi
343i Community Coordinator
(12-15-2008, 02:41 AM)

Originally Posted by An Epic Name

watch the Gmen! they're gonna come back and win.
The Librarian
Founding member, Guardians Anonymous
(12-15-2008, 02:43 AM)

Originally Posted by Kibbles

I saw a new OXM at Pick'n'Save with Halo Wars on the cover, but it says they have new stuff on Halo 3: Recon and the Mythic Map Pack, anyone know what's all contained inside? I would've looked, but it was wrapped, and there is no way I'm paying $10 for that magazine.

Halo Wars
- There are 15 levels in the campaign, the editors of the article played the first 5 levels.
- They consider Halo Wars to be a "medium-grade" RTS: it lacks custom group slots, but offers more command and upgrade options than EndWar.
- There are leader units who can buff or upgrade everyone else (these are the main characters to the plot): Captain Cutter, Professor Anders, and Sergeant Forge.
- Infantry units can graduate to shotguns and later ODSTs.
- Hornets get "rocket-totting" gunners straddling their wings.
- Warthog units upgrade to a Gauss cannon.
- The fourth mission is titled "World of Arcadia," and was OXM's favorite out of the five missions they played. This level gives you control of Spartans for the first time. In this mission, your task is to protect civilians as they run toward three evacuation ships. They say this mission is also a good showcase for Halo Wars cooperative mode. Because of this, they believe that co-op in Halo Wars will be just as fun as the co-op found in the first three Halo games (:O).
- It has a skirmish mode so you can face the AI on the multiplayer maps.
- They played skirmish on Blood Gulch. It's not exactly the same map, but you can definitely tell the design of this particular "Blood Gulch" was based off of the Halo 1 map. "... an appreciated fan service."
- In multiplayer, when you play as the Covenant, the Arbiter is a high level unit which they (the guys at Ensemble) describe as "much more of a Darth Vader, kill-everything type of bad guy." He can go into a rage mode and wield two energy swords, but at the cost of draining resources for every second it's active.
- Commanding a Scarab is about "every bit as freakin' awesome" as the guys at OXM had hoped it to be.
- Halo Wars feels very much like a Halo game.
- "If you see a single Flood unit, it should be the scariest thing you've ever seen. It should be like the queen from Aliens. I really wanted it to be that scary." -- Graeme Devine, lead story writer.

Halo 3: ODST
- It's all about New Mombasa and staying in the city.
- The SI's perspective you see in the trailer is replicated through the game's cinematics and "other places."
- There will be other people in the city who aren't soldiers, from SI to "other beings."
- Players will get to experience what it feels like to to be an ODST dropping from orbit, burning through the atmosphere.
- There is a character named "Maddie" in the game, but they're changing her name, and she's not an ODST.
- Improvements to how Brutes behave from Halo 3, they've changed the "scale of the experience."
- S1 types having nothing to do with Spartans.

Mythic Map Pack

Lars Bakken

Assembly
"Set in the heart of a Covenant Scarab manufacturing facility, this map is really what Halo 3 multiplayer fans have been asking for in terms of size and gameplay. It's set up to take advantage of 4-on-4 gametypes. Straight-up Slayer is excellent, but it also works well for team games like CTF and Assualt due to the two integrated bases. The bases are symmetrical, but the level actually has two distinct sides, with a lift on one side and what we refer to as the 'dugout' on the other, making side differentiation that much better. Just don't get caught up staring at the Scarab being assembled in the sky, or you'll find yourself waiting to respawn."

Orbital
"This map is set in a human environment that fans will recognize: the Quito Space Tether. You're actually inside the docking station, and if you look out the windows, you'll see Earth down below. The is our answer to the fans' call for smaller, asymmetrical maps, so it works very well for one-sided games. It's essentially two overlapping hallways, so each team can see the other one spawn, but they are separated by some well-placed windows. Two devastating checkpoints intensify the action. One Flag, One Bomb, and Territories fill out the roster of better-fitting gametypes, and naturally, Team Slayer is a blast."

Then there are three pictures of each map.
An Epic Name
Banned
(12-15-2008, 02:54 AM)

Originally Posted by Tashi0106

watch the Gmen! they're gonna come back and win.

The Gmen? What are they?
EazyB
Banned
(12-15-2008, 02:57 AM)

I'm... umm, busy

[IMG]http://i34.************/2ldd3qt.jpg[/IMG]

Originally Posted by Dax01

- There will be other people in the city who aren't soldiers, from SI to "other beings."
- Players will get to experience what it feels like to to be an ODST dropping from orbit, burning through the atmosphere.
- There is a character named "Maddie" in the game, but they're changing her name, and she's not an ODST.
- Improvements to how Brutes behave from Halo 3, they've changed the "scale of the experience."

Mythic Map Pack
Orbital
"This map is set in a human environment that fans will recognize: the Quito Space Tether. You're actually inside the docking station, and if you look out the windows, you'll see Earth down below. The is our answer to the fans' call for smaller, asymmetrical maps, so it works very well for one-sided games. It's essentially two overlapping hallways, so each team can see the other one spawn, but they are separated by some well-placed windows. Two devastating checkpoints intensify the action. One Flag, One Bomb, and Territories fill out the roster of better-fitting gametypes, and naturally, Team Slayer is a blast."

Then there are three pictures of each map.

Thanks, do you have the magazine?

Some interesting tidbits about ODST. Orbital sounds like narrows with a u-turn, ugh. Hope it plays more like Longest/Elongation than Narrows. I prefer maneuverability and angles to attack than hallway shoot-outs.
Tashi
(12-15-2008, 02:58 AM)

The Gmen? What are they?

The New York Fooball Giants
The Librarian
(12-15-2008, 02:58 AM)

I'm... busy

Yeah.
EazyB
Banned
(12-15-2008, 02:59 AM)

Yeah.

How is Orbital looking?
xBuTcHeRx
(12-15-2008, 03:02 AM)
Hopefully H3 Recon, will not disappoint.
An Epic Name
Banned
(12-15-2008, 03:03 AM)

I'm... umm, busy

[IMG]http://i34.************/2ldd3qt.jpg[/IMG]

Some interesting tidbits about ODST. Orbital sounds like narrows with a u-turn, ugh. Hope it plays more like Longest/Elongation than Narrows. I prefer maneuverability and angles to attack than hallway shoot-outs.

:D
We don't have to play against each other. :P

I'm just playing Bully atm, but if anyone does want to play H3, I'm down for anything. My list might be full, so just message me. GT is same as my name here.
Last edited by An Epic Name; 12-15-2008 at 03:35 AM.
Domino Theory
(12-15-2008, 03:12 AM)
Still no Sandbox news. :(
The Librarian
(12-15-2008, 03:15 AM)

How is Orbital looking?

At first glance you would think it's a Covenant map because of all the shades of purple (the pictures they give aren't that big, so maybe some of what I'm seeing could be due to that) it has, but upon closer inspection, you can definitely tell it's human. There is a picture of an exploding mongoose, so that could be a default vehicle for the map. Dual Spikers and the rocket launcher are possible default weapons (both appear in the same picture). Two pictures are of the same hallway where it the Spikers can be found (you can see them lying side by side in one picture), and the third picture looks like it is set in an adjacent hallway, which is the picture that has the exploding mongoose in it.

In the picture that shows the rockets and the Spikers, there are stairs in the background.

Edit:

Originally Posted by Domino Theory

Nope. They mention that, and say that "Bungie's usual pattern is to have one of the three maps in a map pack be an update to a classic," but "that moniker ('Sandbox') certainly suggests a 'Forge-ier' approach..."
Last edited by The Librarian; 12-15-2008 at 03:18 AM.
Captain Blood
(12-15-2008, 03:15 AM)

No joke. I would trade all those pics of the two maps for a spec of info about Sandbox.
backflip10019
(12-15-2008, 03:30 AM)

:D
We can don't have to play against each other. :P

I'm just playing Bully atm, but if anyone does want to play H3, I'm down for anything. My list might be full, so just message me. GT is same as my name here.

Don't mind Eazy; he tends to dislike anyone who plays the game for competition. :P
An Epic Name
Banned
(12-15-2008, 03:34 AM)

Originally Posted by backflip10019

Don't mind Eazy; he tends to dislike anyone who plays the game for competition. :P

I can go both ways in H3. I love competing, but just messing around in friendly customs and Squad Battle is great fun also. Like I said, I'm down for anything, and I'm not sure what the common GAF view is of MLG'rs around here, but I'm not your typical MLG douchebag kid who thinks he is God's gift too the game :lol
backflip10019
(12-15-2008, 03:35 AM)

I can go both ways in H3. I love competing, but just messing around in friendly customs and Squad Battle is great fun also. Like I said, I'm down for anything, and I'm not sure what the common GAF view is of MLG'rs around here, but I'm not your typical MLG douchebag kid who thinks he is God's gift too the game :lol

Phew, then you're legit in my book.
GhaleonEB
knows his net worth
(12-15-2008, 03:37 AM)

Of all the maps, I most want to hear about this. If it's a big outdoors Forge map, fappton. Heck, I'll take Sandtrap, remove all the shrine geometry and bam.

- Players will get to experience what it feels like to to be an ODST dropping from orbit, burning through the atmosphere. - There is a character named "Maddie" in the game, but they're changing her name, and she's not an ODST.

Thanks, Dax. This nourishes me. It was something I wanted - and kind of expected - to see in Halo 3, especially after the Valhalla escape in the Beta. They had the tech to move through the atmosphere, it sounds like it's being put to use this time around. Do want.
Striker
got struck
(12-15-2008, 03:41 AM)

Originally Posted by GhaleonEB

Of all the maps, I most want to hear about this. If it's a big outdoors Forge map, fappton. Heck, I'll take Sandtrap, remove all the shrine geometry and bam.

That's what I'm hoping. Really don't want another indoor type format.
An Epic Name
Banned
(12-15-2008, 03:44 AM)

Originally Posted by backflip10019

Phew, then you're legit in my book.

The majority of true MLG players are actually really great guys (and sometimes girls). The kids you see online with names like MLG 4SHOTOWNZYOULOL aren't really representative of the true community. I'm a pretty well-known poster over at mlgpro, but I mainly frequent the OT section.

And if you have never been to an MLG event, I highly recomend it. My first event was Dallas of this year. My team made it to 5th round AM, but that was only half the fun. I got to meet everyone I knew from online, IRL, for the first time. It was basically a 3 day long party :D
WizardHowl
Banned
(12-15-2008, 03:45 AM)

Halo stuff

Thanks. Halo: ODST sounds like it could be really good and the map packs sound excellent.
Domino Theory
(12-15-2008, 03:47 AM)

And if you have never been to an MLG event, I highly recomend it. My first event was Dallas of this year. My team made it to 5th round AM, but that was only half the fun. I got to meet everyone I knew from online, IRL, for the first time. It was basically a 3 day long party :D

PAX could be considered our MLG event then. :P

Which means Blood and I were the OGRE twins.
An Epic Name
Banned
(12-15-2008, 03:50 AM)

PAX could be considered our MLG event then. :P

Which means Blood and I were the OGRE twins.

That was on the west coast, was it not? If you live around that way, maybe you could stop be San Diego this year, assuming they have an MLG there again. I will hopefully be making all events this year, as I have a team with a sponsor willing to pay for us to fly out to all of the events. First one is in NJ begining of April. Would lvoe to see some of HaloGAF go out to it!
Tashi
(12-15-2008, 03:50 AM)

I'm not sure what the common GAF view is of MLG'rs around here, but I'm not your typical MLG douchebag kid who thinks he is God's gift too the game :lol

GTFO of here random...fuckin randy! lol kidding

edit: yea congrats on ur team going 5th round, that's pretty sick. Also, everyone should enjoy the spectacle that is an MLG event. They're awesome. I went to the playoffs in 2006 in NYC and it was an amazing experience. I didn't get to play though but I did get to watch Final Boss (with Saiyan) fall apart against Carbon. shit was sick.
Last edited by Tashi; 12-15-2008 at 03:54 AM.
An Epic Name
Banned
(12-15-2008, 03:58 AM)

GTFO of here random...fuckin randy! lol kidding

edit: yea congrats on ur team going 5th round, that's pretty sick. Also, everyone should enjoy the spectacle that is an MLG event. They're awesome. I went to the playoffs in 2006 in NYC and it was an amazing experience. I didn't get to play though but I did get to watch Final Boss (with Saiyan) fall apart against Carbon. shit was sick.

Ah, '06 was a crazy year. Carbon destroyed. They didn't do too well this year though, they never broke top 4, until the Finals in Vegas, where they upset both Triggers Down (2nd Seed) and Final Boss (3rd Seed). They ended up taking Str8 Rippin (1st Seed) to game 5, and got 3rd overall.

And on the note of pro's, all of the ones I have met are seriously, really great guys. Especially Carbon. Shockwave and Ghostayame are some of the nicest guys, and Ghostayames mom posts on MLGpro :lol She's so sweet!
EazyB
Banned
(12-15-2008, 04:04 AM)
I got pooped on by a squad of MLG midgets at PAX once

They had their own shirts and everything
An Epic Name
Banned
(12-15-2008, 04:07 AM)

I got pooped on by a squad of MLG midgets at PAX once

They had their own shirts and everything

MLG midgets!? Did they happen to have names or something? They aren't anything I've ever heard of :lol
Tashi
(12-15-2008, 04:37 AM)

And on the note of pro's, all of the ones I have met are seriously, really great guys. Especially Carbon. Shockwave and Ghostayame are some of the nicest guys, and Ghostayames mom posts on MLGpro :lol She's so sweet!

Word, I walked up to Shockwave during the tournament to give him some props. Seems like a cool guy. Anywho, my box just broke today but hit me up with a FR and we'll get some MLG games goin. I know me, Juices and BladedExpert are big MLG players here on Gaf (matchmaking lol) but always down for customs. tag is: NYSTOFMIND23
An Epic Name
Banned
(12-15-2008, 04:48 AM)

Word, I walked up to Shockwave during the tournament to give him some props. Seems like a cool guy. Anywho, my box just broke today but hit me up with a FR and we'll get some MLG games goin. I know me, Juices and BladedExpert are big MLG players here on Gaf (matchmaking lol) but always down for customs. tag is: NYSTOFMIND23

Sounds good. Just finished a 30 minute CTF game on Narrows. I went 60 and 44. probably the most kills I've ever gotten in an MLG game lol.
WizardHowl
Banned
(12-15-2008, 05:24 AM)
Hey does anyone have any tips because I'm terrible at Halo. How terrible? Lets just say I can barely use the battle rifle. One of my friends has basically said just strafe, use bumper jumper and don't use assault rifle... Is it really that easy?
Self Induced
(12-15-2008, 05:49 AM)

Originally Posted by WizardHowl

Hey does anyone have any tips because I'm terrible at Halo. How terrible? Lets just say I can barely use the battle rifle. One of my friends has basically said just strafe, use bumper jumper and don't use assault rifle... Is it really that easy?

If your reticle turns green, shoot your gun.

Also, throw grenades at random.
A Penguin
(12-15-2008, 05:54 AM)
After a few months, I am now a verified member of NeoGaf :D

Been lurking in this topic for some time now and would love to play some games with you guys. I enjoy MLG gametypes, even though I regularly get pooped on in matchmaking (I think I'm locked in at 28). GT: Elite Penguino
vhfive
(12-15-2008, 06:50 AM)

do you suck at all fps because if you do than forget your friends advice
stick to social slayer use your ar and default til you start to get the hang of the controls and the flow of the game
after you start to get the hang of it then work on your br
and i still play with default never could make switch to bumper jumper
Thermite
(12-15-2008, 07:46 AM)
Look at all these juniors! MLG fan takeover total!

[img]http://i36.************/rgw3d4.jpg[/img]

I kid, I kid. Welcome to the fold, gentlemen.
Domino Theory
(12-15-2008, 09:15 AM)

If you're a CQC Rabbit player (meaning you play up close and personal AND you like to jump alot), then use Bumper Jumper. You'll love it.

As disgusted as I am to say this, stick with the AR for a while to get the hang of Halo 3's flow; the 'golden tripod' (grenades, shooting and melee). Occassionally use a BR for the mid-range battles. Once you've got the flow of Halo's gameplay, start getting serious with the BR. Always scout for one in every game and keep using it. It's trial and error at first. Strafing is a plus.

Oh and don't choose a high sensitivity unless you've also been used to fast sensitivities in gaming for a long time. I'd say to keep it at Default (3).

Edit: Hmm, it's weird how Voc's old predicitions have so far been right or very plausible:

Originally Posted by Mr Vociferous

Some guesswork by yours truly:

• Halo 3: Mythic by Bungie (Fall 2008)
  • Halo Wars by Ensemble (Spring 2009)
  • "The Superintendent Project" by Bungie (Winter 2009)
  • "Halo Chronicles" episodes begin from Microsoft (Spring 2010)
  • A separate Halo game from Microsoft (Winter 2010)
  • A new IP by Bungie (Winter 2010)

amirite?

We can change "Halo 3: Mythic" to the Mythic Map Pack (which was originally supposed to be 6 maps AND come out this Fall like his prediction stated).

Aside from that, he's been right for the next two with the rest pending.

But one of the predicitions which I am a firm believer in (while most people laugh at) is:

Originally Posted by Mr Vociferous

• "Halo 4" by Bungie

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...ostcount=69691
Last edited by Domino Theory; 12-15-2008 at 10:03 AM.
The Librarian
(12-15-2008, 10:49 AM)

Originally Posted by Self Induced

If your reticle turns green, shoot your gun.

Also, throw grenades at random.

Don't shoot the people on the other team: they are secretly your friends. All they want to do is hug you.
EazyB
Banned
(12-15-2008, 11:04 AM)

First of all turn the look sensitivity down to 2. Second of all, find a BR. It's the weapon you will use the most so practice using it as much as possible. The BR is a great weapon for medium to long range combat so use it in those situations.Practice keeping your reticle on their head and they'll go down fast. Until you get the hang of the game you'll probably want to keep the AR in the back of your mind and use it if anyone gets too close.

Here's Luke's suggestions for facing soulja-boy but you can really replace soulja-boy for any low level player.

Know Your Foe:

In a one-on -one scenario with Soulja Boy, youíre dealing with a guy who barely pushes a 1.0 kp/d (kills per death) at level 14. Contrary to his self-professed cranking, Soulja Boy ainít no Robocop. His primary tools of destruction are melee and AR (like a lot of Halo 3 players). Most of his gameplay is going to center on getting close to you and thwacking you with a melee.

Douse his fire in water. Super soak dat oh! Play a ranged game. Learn where the scoped weapons are and find the right place to set up a perch. Remember to crouch-walk if you want to stay off of his radar. When possible, pair your Battle Rifle with a close-quarters weapon. Grenades donít always have to be offensive, you can throw grenades in places youíve been or places you donít want him to get to. Soulja Boy is probably going to chase you a lot. You should go all Ice Tea on that azz.

Finally learn weapon placement and with enough time you'll develop a nice feel for the map and how you should play on each.
An Epic Name
Banned
(12-15-2008, 11:41 AM)
All great suggestions from everyone in here so far for getting better at the game.

Now, I don't claim to be godly at this game, but I am very good. For what it's worth, a General Grade 2, and a 47 in MLG playlist. I would love to play with anyone who feels they want to learn a bit more about the game, whether it be learning callouts, weapon spawns/timers, shooting/strafing, or predicting enemy spawns. A lot of this stuff really only applies to MLG game variants though, as some of the default Bungie maps (I'm looking at you High Ground), are really difficult to predict things such as enemy spawns. People will spawn right next to you on the beach very frequently :P
xxjuicesxx
(12-15-2008, 11:57 AM)

We were shitting on those custom kids anyways. Until my connection dropped me. Great times, you win this time Roadrunner!

Also dont stereotype kids with MLG and PRO in their names. Some of them are really nice (and made from awesome) but just tough guys on internet forums!

But I wanna take this time out to thank Tashi for making me a new 1 month. Great guy.

And also Halo Wars sounds absolutely INCREDIBLE from what dax copied from the magazine.
Jonsoncao
(12-15-2008, 12:05 PM)
now you guys make me confused...so the mythic map pack gonna be available next fall or integrated into Halo Wars?
An Epic Name
Banned
(12-15-2008, 12:10 PM)

Originally Posted by Jonsoncao

now you guys make me confused...so the mythic map pack gonna be available next fall or integrated into Halo Wars?

I'm pretty sure it's being released in two parts. The first half will release with Halo Wars CE, and will become available to purchase a few weeks after on XBL, for those who didn't buy Halo Wars.

The second half will release with Halo: ODST, in Fall '09.
EazyB
Banned
(12-15-2008, 12:12 PM)

But one of the predicitions which I am a firm believer in (while most people laugh at) is:
[Halo 4 by Bungie]

After the shit that's been fed to us thanks to MS owning the Halo IP and Bungie not being able to do anything about it I can't understand why anyone would want this. Sure I'm interested in seeing what lies ahead of MC and Cortana but am more interested in seeing Bungie pour every once of effort into new games with new IPs. Even if Bungie owned the Halo IP I'd rather see what else they could do.

Bungie has built an amazing franchise existing in an awesome universe but that's where my desire to see Bungie touch Halo ends. I absolutely think they'd make the best Halo 4 but I feel their time would be best spent elsewhere. They still hold much of the creative talent that spawned the Halo universe so I don't see why they couldn't make something as equally compelling. Sure they won't be guaranteed the millions of Halo fans waiting at simultaneous midnight launch events or the mountains of cash spent on ads and Halo Mountain Dew but Halo CE had none of that and we all know how that turned out.

I'm pretty sure it's being released in two parts. The first half will release with Halo Wars CE, and will become available to purchase a few weeks after on XBL, for those who didn't buy Halo Wars.

The second half will release with Halo: ODST, in Fall '09.

This is mostly correct. The bolded portion is based purely on speculation (unless I've missed something) and wishful thinking. The first half of the Mythic map pack was delayed (all 6 maps are complete and ready to hit XBLM as soon as MS gives the ok) until the collectors edition of Halo Wars comes out. An unspecified amount of time afterwards those 3 maps will hit XBLM. Like An said, the second half is tied in with ODST.
Last edited by EazyB; 12-15-2008 at 12:17 PM.
An Epic Name
Banned
(12-15-2008, 12:16 PM)

After the shit that's been fed to us thanks to MS owning the Halo IP and Bungie not being able to do anything about it I can't understand why anyone would want this. Sure I'm interested in seeing what lies ahead of MC and Cortana but am more interested in seeing Bungie pour every once of effort into new games with new IPs. Even if Bungie owned the Halo IP I'd rather see what else they could do.

Bungie has built an amazing franchise existing in an awesome universe but that's where my desire to see Bungie touch Halo ends. I absolutely think they'd make the best Halo 4 but I feel their time would be best spent elsewhere. They still hold much of the creative talent that spawned the Halo universe so I don't see why they couldn't make something as equally compelling. Sure they won't be guaranteed the millions of Halo fans waiting at simultaneous midnight launch events or the mountains of cash spent on ads and Halo Mountain Dew but Halo CE had none of that and we all know how that turned out.

I can't wait until the day Bungie announces a new IP. Halo had a good run, but it's time they do something different. Shock the gaming world once more, just like they did with Oni, Marathon, and Halo: CE.

Also, is the Untitled Peter Jackson project still a go? I haven't heard anything about it in quite some time.
Tashi
(12-15-2008, 02:07 PM)

Originally Posted by xxjuicesxx

But I wanna take this time out to thank Tashi for making me a new 1 month. Great guy.

no problem bro...also, as per tips for getting better at the game. Make friends with people who are better than you are. Seriously, this is the way I got better in H2. Just play with people who are better than you are. The beauty of Halo 3 also allows you to watch film. So you can easily pick up on new jumps and moves and strats and all that good stuff. So, send out some FR's and get some customs going. An Epic Name is a General grade 2 and a 47 in MLG so he's really good. Juices has a bunch of accounts but he's a beast for sure. BladedExpert is also a General and is a 45 in MLG (if I remember correctly) and I'm a General grade 2 and currently a 48 in MLG.

But just some tips with the BR. First you should know this, the BR takes 4 shots to kill. 3 body and 1 head works. Any combo for that matter works as long as you finish with a head shot. It's a good thing to count in your head how many shots it takes you to kill a guy (or to be killed :P) Know that 1 beat down and a head shot with a Br is a kill. Also know that 2 BR shots and a beat down is a kill. HOWEVER, this shit rarely happens for me, I don't know what it is but that shit rarely works. I usually sneak in a 3 shot if I can to make sure I get the kill. As per sensitivity, it's really up to you. It's a good idea to try everything. I kind of hit a wall in terms of skill in Halo 3 a bunch of months ago and decided to switch to 10 sensitivity. It has improved my game a lot. Just try everything and see what fits you.

Heres the most important tip. Know the maps inside out. Seriously, if you can get yourself in a position where you can get at the very least 1st shot on someone, then you don't need the greatest BR in the world. You gotta be able to hit jumps, and you gotta be able to escape too. Good Luck and Godspeed.
Future PhaZe
(12-15-2008, 02:34 PM)
Never have been able to get into the MLG scene for Halo 3 or really the Halo 3 scene in general. Probably just played way to much Halo:CE and Halo 2 that I'm just burnt out. I still play occasionally, but mostly for casual fun. I think I miss the omfg wtf zones I used to get into for both of those games. Map design was a lot better and the mechanics for both games were both wildly different yet incredibly good for competitive multiplayer.

The Halo:CE pistol, great map design, using nades to grab powerups..man what a great game.

In hindsight, Halo 2 played like a dream. The game was absolutely unforgiving, and the maps were good here as well. BXB, BXR, Double shots...1 on 1's on Warlock, FFA midship soooo good.

Then there is Halo 3...which is far less wild than Halo 2 with map design seemingly based more on visual quality than from a competitive standpoint.

Still a great game though. The playlists piss me off though. I'm always getting objective gametypes in FFA playlists, and the old as dirt maps when I want to play DLC.
kylej
Banned
(12-15-2008, 03:07 PM)

Originally Posted by Dark FaZe

In hindsight, Halo 2 played like a dream. The game was absolutely unforgiving, and the maps were good here as well. BXB, BXR, Double shots...1 on 1's on Warlock, FFA midship soooo good.

Then there is Halo 3...which is far less wild than Halo 2 with map design seemingly based more on visual quality than from a competitive standpoint.

Um, ARs? They promote map movement. Golden trifecta? Nades, AR and melee working in perfect harmony. The game is exquisitely balanced sorry you don't know what you're talking about.

Team Duals Isolation is the ultimate Halo experience.
vhfive
(12-15-2008, 04:06 PM)

Originally Posted by kylej

Um, ARs? They promote map movement. Golden trifecta? Nades, AR and melee working in perfect harmony. The game is exquisitely balanced sorry you don't know what you're talking about.

i actually got this yesterday and its not as bad as 1 flag ctf on isolation which i also got

also why is standoff heavies still in dlc big team that map frustrates me to no end. all you do is spawn outside then die from either:
a) gauss hog
b) sniper
c) laser
d) camping shotgun bitch in base

speaking of camping bitches here's a video i uploaded a while ago but never shared
click
fin
(12-15-2008, 04:22 PM)

Shock the gaming world once more, just like they did with Oni...

Oni was pretty bad. The controls were horrible. I actually just played it again last week, it looks like a N64 game. I'm not as optimistic as eveyone else about Bungie's new IP. Can't get much better than Halo, it'll be alot easier to go down than up...

But yeah Halo Wars is sounding better and better, day one for me.
CrazedArabMan
(12-15-2008, 04:30 PM)
So we have a whole bunch of new blood in the forums now, good, everything is falling into plan. *evil laugh

no seriously, welcome
Future PhaZe
(12-15-2008, 04:33 PM)

Originally Posted by kylej

Where did I say anything about balance? And I don't have any problem with default weapon spawn in H3.
Chernobyled
Banned
(12-15-2008, 04:45 PM)
So, Halo Wars gets delayed and the Mythic Maps can't release until that goofy RTS Halo bastardization finally gets its shit together?

Why is Bungie handcuffing Halo3 DLC release to games in development?