A new version of the source was released recently and TTYMan has made a mod to it to allow full PSP resolution on it.
So for those wanting some arcade action on their PSP, here ya go!
Direct download: PSP_MAME4ALL_v4.7r2_Hires_by_TTYman_-_08092007.zip
TTYMan's blog post: PSP MAME4ALL v4.7r2 Hires
PSP MAME4ALL v4.7r2 Hires by TTYman, 08/09/2007
- Copy in /PSP/GAME (firmware 1.5) or /PSP/GAME150 (firmware 1.5 compatibility for 3.xx OE release);
- Recreate zipped roms with included ClrMame compatible .DAT files (v0.34-v0.36 mixed roms);
- Add created zipped roms files in ROMs subfolder and samples in samples subfolder;
- Based on latest GP2X MAME4All releases v4.7;
- 480ﾗ272 full PSP Hires Support, now games with >320 horiz. and >240 vert. pixels are fully playable (Loderun, Galaga etc.);
- Overclock support, from 133 to 333 MHz;
- Fixed, Fixed Divided by 2, Software Scaled and Software Full Screen Stretched resolutions (all maximum 480ﾗ272);
- Frameskip as GP2X version (fixed 0-5, auto 1-5);
- Vsync on/off;
- Save configuration support, default and per game;
- Autocentering fix for all resolutions;
- Optimized compiled code as derived from GP2X version, but for PSP cpu (fastest graphics core!);
- Stripped & Packed executable, only 2.1MB;
- Original graphics theme from Gold edition;
- Music in menu (filename music.psp in data folder), in these supported formats: .MOD .S3M, .IT, .XM and .OGG;
- Added, as bonus, 1st classified OldSkool at Assembly 2007 Music Competition (Commodore 64 based), in .OGG format;
- Graphic theme 480ﾗ272 BMP skins support, both pspmenu480.bmp and pspsplash480.bmp in folder skins;
- Button SELECT: Insert credits.
- Button START: Play.
- Button HOME: after Pause exit game and return to menu.
- Buttons L+R: Activate/deactivate screen fixed/fixed div2/scale/stretch.
- Buttons L+R pressed during one second: Pause.
- Buttons L+HOME simultaneously: Reset emulation.
Fixed from 4.7:
- 133 MHz in menu and while paused, for battery saving;
- VSync really works now;
- Corrected build configuration and Makefile, so sounds in various games are now back;
- Correct fixed, div2, sw scaled and sw stretched resolutions, with autocentering;
- General audio core non arcade perfect, and slowdowns when enabled;
- No rotate support;
PSP MAME4ALL v4.7r2 Hires zipped archive (3.311.605 bytes)
PSP MAME4ALL v4.7r2 Hires zipped archive MD5 checksum file
Source code will follow.