• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 3 now official +pictures

Xater

Quick facts from the Gamefront.de news article:

- Time: 1605, Edo Japan

- Hero: Musashi Miyamoto

- 4 fighting styles: without weapons, one sword, two swords, one broadsword.

- No more "Heat" moves. Now there a only special moves which are definate kills with a sword.

- Release: Early 2008 in Japan.

- Console: PS3

Better scans update:

Looks cool but i just hope it gets a western release.
I wonder how will they represent Musashi and his life as a fighter.

what will the story be? travel from town to town fighting duels? or maybe they will focus just on one city and maybe one of his major battles.

because i doubt you can play as a young child and kill people.

SamBishop

Banned
Anna Nicole Smith Lesbian Bathtub Sex Part 1
----------------------------------------------------
Anna gets it on with some hot brunette!

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Wait, you play as Musashi? That's pretty awesome. I wonder how much of his real life will be in the game.

EDIT: WOW! Quite a few well known Japanese actors on this project. Now I know where the budget is going.

Loudninja

DOBERMAN INC said:
Looks cool but i just hope it gets a western release.
I wonder how will they represent Musashi and his life as a fighter.

what will the story be? travel from town to town fighting duels? or maybe they will focus just on one city and maybe one of his major battles.

because i doubt you can play as a young child and kill people.

It will, the PS3 sales in Japan are not up to speed yet to keep it in one place

alistairw

Just so you know, I have the best avatars ever.
SamBishop said:
Anna Nicole Smith Lesbian Bathtub Sex Part 1
----------------------------------------------------
Anna gets it on with some hot brunette!

Interesting point.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Musashi has an expected and totally awesome resemblance to Kiriyu.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
The other character with Miyamoto Musashi is Kiyruu Kazumanosuke... I don't think Miyamoto is going to be the hero per se since the latter is basically the ancestor of Kazuma from the first two games (same family name)

Borys

Banned
This is the closest you will get to a Shenmue III SEGA/ Xbox fans so I hope you put your bitterness and hatred down and buy a PS3 + Yakuza 3.

Oh who am I kidding.

Borys said:
This is the closest you will get to a Shenmue III SEGA/ Xbox fans so I hope you put your bitterness and hatred down and buy a PS3 + Yakuza 3.

Oh who am I kidding.

I'll buy Yakuza 3 day fucking one

....if they actually bring it over here....or at least throw english sub in the Jpan release (doubtful)

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Sadly, it's kind of rare to see great looking japanese third party games these days with obviously high production values etc. So...omghi2u :eek:

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Borys said:

Oh who am I kidding.

Well, if Shenmue were set few hundreds years in the past...

SappYoda

Now SEGA do this:

250px-Vagabond21.jpg

alistairw

Just so you know, I have the best avatars ever.
Pedantic =/= funny.

Sho Nuff said:
Do not want more historically-themed stuff

Want real world ass kicking :((((

Yeah, I know what you mean - this kinda takes away what was appealing about Yakuza for me.

Tenbatsu

alistairw said:
Pedantic =/= funny.

Yeah, I know what you mean - this kinda takes away what was appealing about Yakuza for me.

Same here...not sure why I prefer the modern feel in the Yakuza series more than the Edo period one. Thou I understand where the developers are coming from. But still hope that it will be a great game!
yakuza2.jpg

Flek

Banned
a yakuza playing right after the second worldwar in japan would be awesome too - like in fukasakus graveyard of honor <3

Loudninja said:
The Way of the Samurai !

:lol :lol looks like it ....kinda

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
That's outrageously sexy, although I'm a sucker for paper lanterns and PUNCHING PEOPLE IN THE FACE.

Xater

Someone with a european PS3 and Yakuza can tell if it runs on it? I actually never got around to play the game. I only posted this thread because there are alot of fans around.

I am kinda ashamed of myself now. :lol

Top Bottom