• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minna no Golf Portable 2 - december

Snowball

Banned
Today is a great great day.
The portable game I've played the most on a portable in my entire life, gets a real sequel (not the GPS chapters).

Release date: December (JAP)

20 Characters, 12 Courses and 350 Custom Accessories!
16 Player Infastructure mode

famitsumingolp2.jpg

Source: Shihiko's Mingol Community , the best source for Minna no Golf addicted

Izzy

Banned
Mithos Yggdrasill said:
What sold the first one in Japan ?

>500k

But back then the userbase was 1m or so. I'm sure it will completely obliterate the PS3 Mingol sales. :D

Izzy said:
>500k

But back then the usebase was 1m or so.

So, I think that seeing that it comes out in december at least 700-800k is likely. Maybe even one million, but this is not so likely. Much depends by how good PSP Slim sells and I don't think that we'll see a difference like between DS and DSL.

Izzy

Banned
Mithos Yggdrasill said:
So, I think that seeing that it comes out in december at least 700-800k is likely. Maybe even one million, but this is not so likely.

Agreed. A million is possible, but not very likely.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Saw it this morning. Looks great, especially the twelve courses. Will likely be more polished and have more content than HSG5, which I love. May buy a PSP to import this.

jarrod

Banned
Izzy said:
>500k

But back then the userbase was 1m or so. I'm sure it will completely obliterate the PS3 Mingol sales. :D
Uh... Mingol P1 most certainly didn't have a 1:2 attach rate. :lol

It topped out at around 350k before budget reprinting. By the time PSP hit a million though, it was still under 150k iirc.

Mingol P2 will probably top out a bit higher imo, but it won't pass 500k before buget reprinting. And let's not forget launch rush seemed to push PSP efforts quite a bit too... if we look at how sequels to other high profile launch PSP fare have performed (AC!D 2, RRs 2, Musou P2nd, etc) it's not exactly encouraging...

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
YES!!! I'm still halfway through the first one, and I'm already wanting a sequel! Bring it stateside!

Xenon

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL YYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

er.. good news

edit: more difficulty please!

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Awesome, hopefully it will take advantage of the 333 mhz mode so we could see this game really take advantage of the PSP capabilities.

$h@d0w

Torgo said:
PLEASE release this in the US!!!!!

PLEASE!!!!

You could bet your NeoGAF account that this game is coming as Hot Shots Portable 2.

I've actually only ever played Mingol P1 - do they usually carry over courses from the previous games or does each game have it's own unique levels?

Dilbert

I seriously feel like stickying this thread. SO incredibly excited. This game is still the reigning champion in the "most hours spent on my PSP" category.

One dumb question, though: Does "12 courses" mean "12 unique courses, each with a long tee/mirror variation" or "6 courses, and the long tee/mirror variation counts as a separate course?" (The latter would make the content equivalent to the original HSG:OT...not a dealbreaker, but more courses would be awesome.)

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
-jinx- said:
I seriously feel like stickying this thread. SO incredibly excited. This game is still the reigning champion in the "most hours spent on my PSP" category.

One dumb question, though: Does "12 courses" mean "12 unique courses, each with a long tee/mirror variation" or "6 courses, and the long tee/mirror variation counts as a separate course?" (The latter would make the content equivalent to the original HSG:OT...not a dealbreaker, but more courses would be awesome.)
I would bet on the OG courses with new ones. Or all new ones with some classics.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
LiquidMetal14 said:
I would bet on the OG courses with new ones. Or all new ones with some classics.

Yep. All the other HSGs are advertised by number of actual courses. E.g., HSG5 is advertised as 6 but it has mirror as well. No question it will have twice the content of HSG5. Discussing it with Shihiko earlier and it really is like Portable is the "main" series pushing the series forward at this point (although I do quite like 5 as well). Buying a PSP the day this comes out in Japan.

xcomp

Great game and 16 player infrastructure mode will make it even better! So they're trying to go the DS online gaming way. Good stuff.

Snowball

Banned
Koren said:
I feel a bit sad to see this one will probably have more content than MnG5 on PS3... T_T

Considering the "stuff" even the first portable chapter is richer than the PS3 version.
But don't forget one thing that makes, IMHO, the PS3 versione a absolutely must have: the online.

The tournaments (50 people), the friendly tournaments (8 people, live!), lobbies, courses... make this one a game that never ends and that you can keep playing untill the 6th chapter whenever...

Snowball

Banned
Fusebox said:
I don't understand?

I think he means that using infrastructure (and not ad-hoc) Sony is finally using the "official online way", as DS did since its first games.

Using a normal wifi system you should be able to play Minna 2 (like Killzone right?) with your friends all over the world without using Kai.

Ah.....

KAI

Why the hell don't you use it anymore?
Everytime I enter the PSP room I see people just playing Monster Hunter and Monster Hunter 2. This is a pity!!!!

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Hot Shots Portable is one of the best games on the PSP <3

and 16 Player Infrastructure is just, holy shit. It'll give me a reason to turn on my WLAN switch on my PSP for a game (since Twisted Metal)

acabado

Banned
BlueTsunami said:
Hot Shots Portable is one of the best games on the PSP <3

and 16 Player Infrastructure is just, holy shit. It'll give me a reason to turn on my WLAN switch on my PSP for a game (since Twisted Metal)

Love that too.

Snowball

Banned
Fusebox said:
Lol, you guys... PSP games have had infrastructure for ages.

Yes but how many?
And where are the important titles with infrastructure?
Try again mate.

And let's wait for a PES/Winning Eleven with it.

Jim

Snowball said:
Yes but how many?
And where are the important titles with infrastructure?
Try again mate.

And let's wait for a PES/Winning Eleven with it.

Off the top of my head - one of the launch games... Twisted Metal: Head On.

And then all the SOCOM games, both Syphon Filters, Killzone:L, Medal of Honor. Nearly every single EA Sports game (Madden, NBA, PGA, FIFA, Fight Night), Sony's MLB, Soccer and NBA games, Ratchet and Clank, the ATV games, RB6: Vegas, MGS: Portable Ops and +, Virtua Tennis games, Outrun, a few Poker games, etc.

Basically, a LOT. A few are missing it, like the GTA games but there really are no shortage of infrastucture playable games.

Lee N

Membre
Well, this quickly became one of my most anticipated games for the PSP this year. Not that there's any competition to talk about.. I have Dracula X Chronicles on preorder, that's about it.

VNZ

I'm so there. It will probably be my first infrastructure experience on PSP, as well as my first Mingol/HSG on-line experience.

Top Bottom