• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 Firmware 1.93 is up

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
And it's contribution to society is...what?

Tabris

I hope they fix Final Fantasy II (from Origins) as that game is completly broken (can't pass a certain scene)...

Otherwise, I'm really happy with all these updates. I wish the other consoles would do that, well maybe not 360. Besides BC, 360 honestly has an almost perfect OS already, so I'm not expecting updates on that but come on Wii, DS and PSP! Keep up!

Baker

Banned
Timan said:
Yea, mine stops at 4% blah... is there somewhere to dl this on sony's site yet?

Yeah, I over-guessed. Mine is stopping at 4% also.

And no, us.playstation.com still just has 1.92 listed.

mollipen

Tabris said:
Besides BC, 360 honestly has an almost perfect OS already...

Well... I guess one might be able to say the core OS isn't too bad, if we were to completely ignore the entire UI and many, many still broken features.

Core407

Banned
shidoshi said:
Well... I guess one might be able to say the core OS isn't too bad, if we were to completely ignore the entire UI and many, many still broken features.

The UI itself isn't really that bad but its horribly limited as far as expanding on it goes. It just feels really cluttered and adding in new features only adds to that. XMB is clean and minimalistic which will be great once the bigger features are rolled out.

bigswords

Why don't you guys download from the Japan or US site (firmware is region free) and use a USB storage device and install it to your PS3, it's deftinely faster through a PC (those that have the download accelerators/resumers installed).

mollipen

Core407 said:
The UI itself isn't really that bad but its horribly limited as far as expanding on it goes. It just feels really cluttered and adding in new features only adds to that. XMB is clean and minimalistic which will be great once the bigger features are rolled out.

As somebody who is really into user interface, ithe 360's "blade" UI really is that bad. At the same time, however, I'm not a huge fan of the XMB either. (It doesn't take much to reach the limit of what the interface was designed to do, and as a result things get messy real quick.)

Baker

Banned
bigswords said:
Why don't you guys download from the Japan or US site (firmware is region free) and use a USB storage device and install it to your PS3, it's deftinely faster through a PC (those that have the download accelerators/resumers installed).

Because it's not up on Sony's site to download.

Baker

Banned
And for people who never got the disconnect error. You either:

A) Are not using wireless

or

B) Haven't played a game in the past week

I'd say at least 50% of the time when I exit Warhawk or stop watching a movie, I get a DNS/disconnect error.

Core407 said:

already I am enjoying XMB much more than the 360 UI.

things like just getting to a demo or XBLA game takes more time than it needs to, it feels like there is a delay in everything you are doing, XMB feels very fast and fluid.

360 UI does have many more features that hopefully will be in the XMB sooner or later.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
Im euro, so basically i dont even need this update? (bet i still need to install it even if i dont need it -_- )

Zen

Banned
Taking into account customer feedback and some internal testing, we will be making available in the next few days a firmware update for the PS3 (1.93) that fixes the network disconnect issue that some of you have experienced as a result of downloading Firmware 1.92. In addition, we are adding a new firmware update for PSP (3.71) as well, which adds many features that readers of this blog have requested.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/

Sho Nuff

Banned
It's like Christmas
in Russia where getting presents is illegal and you get sent to jail if you believe in Jesus

careksims

Oh I want kittens too! I dunno' why, even the smallest of firmware updates make me giddy. I wasn't affected by these disconnects and I'm on wireless. I been playing Resistance with the Gaf Clan and no problems.

Big-E

I am hoping this will clear up some NAT 3 issues I have been having. My ISP has been spotty the past couple days and for the first time ever I have been dumped to NAT 3.

artist

Banned
I'm at 57% .. :)

edit: Its done, flew as soon as it 60%. Installing right now ..

edit2: Time to test WarHawk .. fingers crossed the stats are back. :/

calder

It didn't do much for me as I didn't have the disconnect problem, but it downloaded and installed in just under 5 minutes so that, at least, was nice.

I think like some other firmware downloads once you get to like 70% or something it finishes very quickly. I saw it at 54, then click 55, then turned to the computer and less than a minute later it was done downloading.

Top Bottom