• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OH MY GOD! LOOK! ASH VIDEOS!

Gattsu25

Banned
HOLY SHIT!! It's ASH!!!!

Smiles n Cries: The DS was made for these types of games IMO. The combat *is waaaay too slow* for me, however

Eh, doesn't look like it's for me. And why do female characters have to wear such skimpy clothing? Again, it's just a meaningless distraction.

Gattsu25 said:
HOLY SHIT!! It's ASH!!!!

Smiles n Cries: The DS was made for these types of games IMO. The combat *is waaaay too slow* for me, however

yeah I know thats why Nintendo made it... but its just so great to see devs just doing it :D

I hope the Wii will be at this pace in a year when devs stop throwing cash-ins and really really use it for what it was created for

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Looks great! But I have to agree the combat looks kind of slow. :/ I assume you'll be able to skip the battle animations at least, though.

Aeana

It does look a little stiff. I expected a bit more animation in the battle screen.

Not a deal-breaker, by any means, though.

D-X

I came in here expecting

ash4.jpg

PolyGone

Banned
thanks for the heads up, duckroll

Aeana said:
It does look a little stiff. I expected a bit more animation in the battle screen.
Not a deal-breaker, by any means, though.
pretty much, a little disappointing but I still want it. :)

The battles seem needlessly complex compared to Fire Emblem due to the party vs party mechanic. They should have made it like Ogre Battle IMO. If it was only one on one with limited options they could have made it so the top screen shows battles happening as you move your other characters into position for the next attack.

The one thing that really stood out to me aside from the nice GUI was the music, which sounds really good. Who's the composer again?

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
So, Matsuno directing the Wii version, developed by Monolith Soft, overseen by Mistwalker?

I wish the videos were longer but they look really nice from what I saw. My interest keeps growing for this game. :D O and is there a prospective release time for this?

Remember, for those of you who think the combat may be slow that that long animation is probably a "limit break" type move that won't necessarily be used every turn. That's my guess anyway... it was the last choice on the menu.

PolyGone

Banned
Duane Cunningham said:
Remember, for those of you who think the combat may be slow that that long animation is probably a "limit break" type move that won't necessarily be used every turn. That's my guess anyway... it was the last choice on the menu.

I think the slow combat thing has more to do with the stylus movement controls - that, and the fact that there are 4 or 5 parties of 3 characters each with about 10 different battle options which they use on one (or more) of the enemy party which usually has more than one monster in it.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Wait.
Why did I think ASH = SRPG?
Turn based hotness, yes? :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Top Bottom