• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

5 new screenshots of HAZE

jjasper

I personally think it is one of the most generic looking shooters ever but I still have hope that a lot of that has to do with the nectar influence on the player since it is suppose to that (I think they said that in an interview). I am still looking forward to it cause I have liked all of FRD's other shooters and some of the gameplay elements sound interesting.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
AltogetherAndrews said:
Screens do nothing for me. This games lives or dies by how close FRD can come to living up to the talk of a less than straight forward presentation of war in a game. Doesn't look bad though, but hey, Haze is free for all trolling material by now so who cares right?

Just be glad you're not anticipating Too Human.

Alf-Life

Visually, looks a bit... meh. The popping vegetation and mass of sprites at GC really stunned me as to how unpolished it still was (still this year, then?).

BUT, and this is a big but (stop snickering :p) ... FRD have never disappointed me in the gameplay and story department, so I can't bloody wait. :) This and Time Crisis 4 might make me buy a PS3 :p ...though I might be able to hold out for 360.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
Blimblim said:
1081_0004.jpg
Sanguine Ravine.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
4 player Co-op: check
Vehicles: check
Anti-Aliasing: check
Open environments: check
Dudes in space uniforms & helmets: check
Multiplayer: check

Question: Does this game run @ 720P Native with 4 player Co-op?

I'm just fucking with ya
:D

jonabbey said:
The screenshots look pretty good to me, but what has me excited about the game is

a) Free Radical
b) All of the videos they've released

Especially b). The videos they've put up on PSN show an interesting story, lots of atmosphere, and great voice work. I'm really looking forward to getting it and playing through the story.

So, um, yeah.
For me it's just the co-op. Co-op

jjasper

I really don't get why people are comparing it to Halo. I guess it looks kinda like it ( we have only see 2 levels) but its has a completely different direction in terms of story and gameplay elements (with the changing sides)

bluheim

Banned
AltogetherAndrews said:
It's somewhat surprising that interest around this title is so low given how much emphasis people typically place on multiplayer.

It's ugly, that's why. Only Halo 3 is allowed to be ugly.

cgcg

People are just fucking stupid. This game plays completely different than any other FPS out there. The word exclusive doesn't sit well with some people.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
GoDLiKe said:
So, say anything about this game that is original.
Alternate reality: with your helmet the world is nice and happy...w/out it you see a much more griddy and harsh world?

Switch sides. Mantel soldier first, then you switch to being a rebel. New gameplay mechanics are introduced as well when you make that switch.

Those are pretty original to me.

Rorschach

Game looks like ass compared to the footage I saw months ago...

Borys said:
I'm no Halo lover, dude. I just thought it looks similiar.
Uh...that's a rigged pickup truck. Civilian gun trucks actually exist in real life. Halo invented everything!!!!

jjasper

About the switch at first you are using nectar to enhance your abilities but it also causes you to view an altered reality. When you switch you use the troopers nectar against themselves by making them kill each and stuff. None of which is in Halo the game it is apparently ripping off.

I am not saying this is going to be the most original game ever but it is no halo clone.

Rorschach said:
Uh...that's a rigged pickup truck. Civilian gun trucks actually exist in real life. Halo invented everything!!!!

I'm pretty sure horse carriage is still the preferred means of transportation in Borys' part of the world.

Steroyd

GoDLiKe said:
So, say anything about this game that is original.

Name one thing that's origlnal in any FPS on the Xbox 360 recently.

Manipulating the Ai is kinda original in Haze, then again it's not because you can do that in Metal Gear Solid.

theBishop said:
Great feature set, but is there any reason to believe this game will be good?

The multiplayer is all but guaranteed to be good, at least if FRD's track record is anything to go by. And contrary to what seems to be the popular belief here, Haze has not been universally slammed in previews.

Chrange

Banned
Why do the enemies look like midgets in some of the shots? Sometimes they look like normal people, other times...armored dwarfs.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
I think it looks better than Halo 3. Unfortunately we can't get a good discussion going on about the screens, when and why exactly did NeoGAF turn into NeoFAQS?

Top Bottom