• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hey NYC. Ready to get your Mario early?

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
NeoGAF SUPER MARIO GALAXY Midnight Launch Party Meetup
Mejilan (8:00PM)
1up (6:00PM)
Raw64life (late)
Penguin (8:00PM)
Big Icarus (??? time)
SnakeXs (??? time)
Vyse? (??? time)

-----------------------------------

OP
I don't think the emails went out yet, but... (Edit - Emails went out.)

Nintendo World Store.
Rockefeller Center.

Sunday. Nov. 11, 2007.
8:00 PM - 12:00 AM.
A Mario-themed carnival event, seemingly held outside in Rockefeller Plaza.

12:00 AM - 2:00 AM
Early sales of Super Mario Galaxy.

If you've preordered, you do NOT have to show up that late to pick yours up, they hold preorders for up to 30 days.

Preorders will net you that Mario coin bonus that's been popping up at GS/EB, while supplies last.

Rock on NY.

PS - I bought Fire Emblem today, bitches. You should have too!

Edit - Damn it. That should have been 'Ready'... :/

Tabris

I don't understand why someone would pre-order a game like Mario Galaxy... have you ever had a Nintendo game (besides really niche stuff) be sold out everywhere except for at launch of a system?

I dunno, I never have. Pre-orders are for stuff like Atlus games.

Penguin

Tabris said:
I don't understand why someone would pre-order a game like Mario Galaxy... have you ever had a Nintendo game (besides really niche stuff) be sold out everywhere except for at launch of a system?

For the free coin of course......

Amir0x

Banned
i am actually considering going to this.

Considering driving two hours to New York to pick up this game a little early...

...shit

Tabris said:

AFAIC if a store can't get enough stock in then they don't deserve my custom.

Mejilan

Amir0x said:

Considering driving two hours to New York to pick up this game a little early...

...shit

I'm considering going, and I have to fucking work the next day, so it's rather pointless to go! :/

Tabris said:

Coin coin coin coin coin coin coin coin coin. Preordering costs little, and nets you a little bonus as well as peace of mind. Also, this is a flagship game coming out on a system that's still challenging to procure.

outsidah

Visualante said:
AFAIC if a store can't get enough stock in then they don't deserve my custom.

lol ... I always love how EB/GS will tell you to preorder x-title because IT WILL SELL OUT AND YOU WONT BE ABLE TO GET IT!!!!!!

2 minutes away at Circuit City/Best Buy/Walmart/Target there is said game waiting to be purchased.

/rant off

Penguin

Amir0x said:

...shit

I say you go.. so you can re-organize NYC GAF so none of us have to. :D

Raw64life

I mentioned this is the official thread a couple of days ago. I'm definitely going, although probably not until 11 at the earliest. I just want the game early.

gfdoom

the game looks sweet on their (nintendo world store) big screens! also does any one know if you get the collectors coin if you reserve it from gamestop?

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
10 min walk from my apartment. Nice.

Going away this weekend. Oh well.

Monday it is, heh

thefro

Tabris said:

Smb3.jpg

There's not enough Wiis yet for SMG to be an instant sellout.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Mejilan said:
Preorders will net you that Mario coin bonus that's been popping up at GS/EB, while supplies last.
Aww. Are they still taking preorders?

I didn't do it for SMG since NWS always seems to have stacks upon stacks of games.

Mejilan

fallengorn said:
Aww. Are they still taking preorders?

I didn't do it for SMG since NWS always seems to have stacks upon stacks of games.

I imagine so, but I didn't ask. They'll certainly get a fuck-ton of copies of the game, but I have no idea about the coins.

Raw64life said:
I mentioned this is the official thread a couple of days ago. I'm definitely going, although probably not until 11 at the earliest. I just want the game early.

Yeah, unless Buzz Aldrin's at the party, I'll probably just show up close to midnight to get the game and that's it. I really don't need my picture taken next to a pedophile dressed up as Mario.

TJ Spyke

gfdoom said:
the game looks sweet on their (nintendo world store) big screens! also does any one know if you get the collectors coin if you reserve it from gamestop?

EB/GS was the first store to announce this preorder program (then I saw TRU do it in their ad), which has been known for a few weeks.

I was planning to preorder the game to get the coin, but I am most likely gonna order it from Amazon where I can pay $49.99 (rather than $54 I would have to pay at other stores due to sales tax).

Amir0x

Banned
Penguin said:
I say you go.. so you can re-organize NYC GAF so none of us have to.

:lol Well, it's just... i thankfully have off Monday and Tuesday... but man, to go all the way to New York JUST for a game. I don't know if I am that geeky... but it IS Super Mario Galaxy. Decisions, decisions...

Hal_Laboratory said:
Only 2 hours? I'd walk barefoot in the snow.

:p Usually when I go to New York, it's an all day affair... I'd feel like it was a real waste JUST to pick up a game. if I go, I have to figure out something else to do there :lol

Mejilan said:

Penguin was one of the NY GAFers who joined us for the Meet up a month ago. I organized that meet, so that's what he was referring to :p And yes, I did fix your thread title :)

Penguin

I still think Toys R us is the best way to go with this game.

But getting it early even if simply a day or two is really tempting.

Probably worded it awful.

But Amirox was the one who set up the last NYC GAF meet up in Oct or Sept.. sometime this year.

So was saying if he went, he could do it again instead of someone else.

Amir0x

Banned
they can verify my robot Amir0x was there (Wellington and his girlfriend can also confirm, although they are not pictured)

woxel1

You know that guy, Triforce? That guy's crazy. (Yeah I waited in line at the NWS to shake hands with Miyamoto, what are you gonna make of it?)

TJ Spyke

What is stopping someone from going to TRU and buying Super Mario Galaxy and the gift card, returning the game right away, and then using the gift card to buy the game for only $25 (+tax)?

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
I'll be there. I picked up FE Wii today (I know I beat you today Mej!) and paid dor Galaxy in full. Plus I have Monday off (Government job FTW). I'll finally get to see some more NYC Gaffers. I wonder if Junkwaffle and Wellington will be there.

fabs115

i work right around the corner from there, i wont get there sunday, but definately monday to pick it up early

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
TJ Spyke said:
What is stopping someone from going to TRU and buying Super Mario Galaxy and the gift card, returning the game right away, and then using the gift card to buy the game for only $25 (+tax)?
Nothing.
..Hopefully!

(Ban Me, Immediately)Tabris
Mother OWN3D
Sony's answer to Lazy8s, Gahiggidy and the Cobra Commander.
(Today, 03:37 PM)

:lol What's the story behind this???

aparisi2274

Mejilan said:
I'm considering going, and I have to fucking work the next day, so it's rather pointless to go! :/

Coin coin coin coin coin coin coin coin coin. Preordering costs little, and nets you a little bonus as well as peace of mind. Also, this is a flagship game coming out on a system that's still challenging to procure.

So do I and I think I am gonna go as well. Kinda wish they were doing it in the day

Top Bottom