• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scans (Shiren the wanderer,card hero,soma bringer,wii fit)

Teasel

Shiren The wanderer
shiren1.jpg

shiren2-1.jpg

Wii Fit
wiifit1.jpg

wiifit2.jpg

Card Hero
card1.jpg

card2.jpg

card3.jpg

card4.jpg

card5.jpg

Soma Bringer
soma1.jpg

soma2.jpg

Dragon Quest IV
dq1.jpg

dq2.jpg

dq3.jpg

dq4.jpg

dq5.jpg

dq6.jpg

dq7.jpg

Chocobo Mysterious Dungeon
chocobo1.jpg

obo2.jpg

obo3.jpg

obo4.jpg

ivysaur12

Banned
Card Hero looks great, and Soma Bringer looks a lot better than I initially thought (though I'm still not crazy on the character art).

Wow, Soma Bringer looks way less shitty visually than it did in the first screenshots we got of it.

Double wow, it also has possibly the most generic character designs ever seen in a jRPG. It might even have designs so generic that they cannot actually be surpassed.

Boken

Banned
I wish they would localise Card Hero. I think I see a younger Lloyd and Sephiroth in the Soma Bringer scans (not a plus). Shiren the Wanderer looks awesome though.

charlequin said:
Wow, Soma Bringer looks way less shitty visually than it did in the first screenshots we got of it.

Yes. Looks a lot more pleasing. It also looked nice in the last vid we saw of those DS games, but that was blurry.

charlequin said:
Double wow, it also has possibly the most generic character designs ever seen in a jRPG. It might even have designs so generic that they cannot actually be surpassed.

Double yes.

ethelred

charlequin said:

It's funny cause it's true. Technically, the game looks fine. And if the small video from the Ninty event is any indication, it actually looks pretty impressive in motion. But the art... eeeee, eeee, god it's bad.

Chocobo looks nice. So does DQIV, of course.

ethelred said:
It's funny cause it's true. Technically, the game looks fine. And if the small video from the Ninty event is any indication, it actually looks pretty impressive in motion. But the art... eeeee, eeee, god it's bad.
I have to say that they're so bad, that it's actually a big turn off for me. I won't get my hopes up for this until we get more details and see more vids. Ugh.

charlequin said:

I was wondering where I'd seen the sword guy before, then it hit me - Yggdra Union's fencers.

ethelred

Magicpaint said:
Chocobo looks nice. So does DQIV, of course.

I have to say that they're so bad, that it's actually a big turn off for me. I won't get my hopes up for this until we get more details and see more vids. Ugh.

Well, I won't let it be too big a turn off for me. I've enjoyed plenty of games with terrible character design (though it's definitely something that does bug me). I hated the character design in the Baten Kaitos games, and those turned out all right. But like you said, we need to learn some more details on the game.

TreIII

Eh, Soma Bringer may look slightly generic, but then again, Card Hero doesn't look to be writing any new books on interesting art styles either. Which is a shame, cuz I would think they would want to do more to have CH in a category all of its own.

But whatever...as long as the games are fun. And both do look like they could stand to please.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Soma Bringer has some nice environments, hope it turns out well for Monolith.

ethelred

underfooter said:
I'm having trouble getting excited for any RPG on DS after seeing DQ9. Seriously, they all look good....but....DQ9.

That's a bit silly, actually. I mean, Dragon Quest VIII was a fantastic RPG, but I would've been pretty bummed if it was all I got on my PS2 after 2004. I'm very hyped about DQIX; that doesn't mean I should allow all my interest and excitement to deflate for games like Etrian Odyssey 2, Final Fantasy IV, Sonic, Tales, The World Ends with You, etc.

There are many genres inside Famitsu besides RPG games... why 90% of Famitsu scans (or some other jp magazines) are only about RPG ?

To me, card hero could make a great Anime, as long as 4kids doesn't dub it, but Nintendo does seem to be well aware of how horrific 4kids is. The fact that Pokemon was passed on to TAJ proves this.

Though TAJ isn't that much better to be honest...

Hey Nintendo, did FUNimation say bad words to you or what?

Teasel

Innotech said:
what kind of game is Shiren ?
a Roguelike and if it's like the original SNES one an awesome one,oh i forgot ot add that shiren will get released on febraury 28 if i'm not mistaken... just after the american release of the DS remake

Top Bottom