• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Eric P
(12-03-2007, 04:53 PM)
Woman Murdered With Samurai Sword In Martial Arts Academy

CLINTON, Md (WUSA) - A mother of two was killed Saturday afternoon inside her business, the C & A Martial Arts Academy.
Advertisement

Police say her husband used a samurai sword to kill the woman before trying to take his own life. He was taken to a nearby hospital where he remains in critical condition.

Family members and friends of the victim identified the couple as Chris and Eva Smith. They had just formed the Academy about a year ago. Saturday night they gathered for the weekly Tai Kwan Do class they taught. It was followed by a belly dancing class, which is taught by fellow instructor Sharon Daniels.

"We were leaving at our normal time, 2:00, and I come back home at quarter to 3 and this is what I see," said Daniels after being interviewed by police. She stared at the crime scene tape that surrounded the large building on Old Alexandria Ferry Rd.

According to police, the murdered mother's 18-month-old was found by officers when they arrived on scene.

"We were just going to pick out a Christmas tree when I saw Gabby in one of the police officer's arms and I just ran up to get her and the police officer told me what happened and I just lost it," said Daniels.

Family members tell 9NEWS NOW that Smith had a son from her first marriage. The elementary school boy had to learn about his mother's murder at the crime scene.

Co-workers and friends spoke of the married couple fondly. They said it appeared as though the Smiths were very happy.

"They were just both good people. Just very pleasant people - both of them. Good, good people," said Darlene Jenkins, whose daughter attends the Academy. "They checked on my daughter if she didn't come to class. They were like your friends. They weren't just business owners. All the children liked Master Chris and respected him and Ms. Eva as well. This is totally shocking. I never saw anything."

"There were no signs," said Daniels. "None."

castle007
Banned
(12-03-2007, 04:54 PM)
that is terrible
Defuser
(12-03-2007, 04:55 PM)
Damn those weaboos.
worldrunover
(12-03-2007, 04:55 PM)
Wow a botched Seppuku... looks like he got what he deserved.
Like the hat?
(12-03-2007, 04:59 PM)
wow, wtf was this guy thinking
IronicallyTwisted
Banned
(12-03-2007, 05:01 PM)
Was this guy on acid or something?
DarkJediKnight
(12-03-2007, 05:04 PM)

Originally Posted by IronicallyTwisted

Was this guy on acid or something?

Somnid
(12-03-2007, 05:04 PM)
Holy shit. Almost makes me thankful for guns, at least then you don't have to cut the person up.
SpudBud
(12-03-2007, 05:07 PM)
Wow, that's fucked up.
LakeEarth
(12-03-2007, 05:37 PM)

Seppuku (切腹, Seppuku? "belly-cutting") is a form of Japanese ritual suicide by disembowelment. Part of the samurai honor code, seppuku has been used both voluntarily by samurai to die with honor rather than fall into the hands of their enemies, and as a form of capital punishment for samurai who have committed serious offenses. Seppuku is committed by plunging a sword into the abdomen and making a left to right cut.

And he BOTCHED this?!?!
thesoapster
(12-03-2007, 06:16 PM)
HOLY SHIT :lol

Good thing I live in Frederick and not Clinton...man. Poor Robert Fisher or whoever...the guy who did RealUltimatePower...ugh. Oh Lord.
JRPereira
(12-03-2007, 06:19 PM)
Sounds like the pirate-ninja balance around here needs a little work.

Samurai is to Ninja as Pirate as to ____ ?
thesoapster
(12-03-2007, 06:20 PM)

Originally Posted by JRPereira

Needs moar Maddox
Saitou
Banned
(12-03-2007, 06:22 PM)

Originally Posted by JRPereira

Samurai : Ninja :: Corsair : Pirate
Oldschoolgamer
The physical form of blasphemy
(12-03-2007, 06:27 PM)
I saw this on the evening news, last night. Its sad as hell.
RumpledForeskin
Banned
(12-03-2007, 06:35 PM)
The tittle sounds sexier than it actually is. =/
Crateman
(12-03-2007, 06:44 PM)

Saturday night they gathered for the weekly Tai Kwan Do class they taught.

weekly Tai Kwan Do class

Tai Kwan Do

Tai Kwan Do

I just need to point that out. I did Tae Kwon Do for many years.
Draft
(12-03-2007, 06:51 PM)
This is fairly common in Maryland. We settle most of our differences in the old way.
Mojovonio
Banned
(12-03-2007, 06:55 PM)

According to police, the murdered mother's 18-month-old was found by officers when they arrived on scene.

Dead?
Kweh
(12-03-2007, 06:55 PM)
Is it in the film Brother where some dude performs a Seppuku?
Escape Goat
(12-03-2007, 06:56 PM)
didnt Luke Skywalker perform Seppuku on the tauntaun?
sooperkool
(12-03-2007, 07:00 PM)
Sad.

Han opened the TaunTaun to put Luke's body in to save him from the cold.
Captain Glanton
Banned
(12-03-2007, 07:00 PM)
I forget the number, but I once saw the stats for the % of violent crime against women, perpetrated by a husband/partner, as a % of all violent crime with a female victim. It was shockingly large, like well over 50%.

In other words, when the murder/assault victim is female, the overwhelming majority of the time, the perp is her husband/partner.
Escape Goat
(12-03-2007, 07:01 PM)

Originally Posted by sooperkool

Sad.

Han opened the TaunTaun to put Luke's body in to save him from the cold.

Ah, thats right. Han is seppuku master.
DongHungLong
Banned
(12-03-2007, 07:01 PM)
Blame it on Red Steel...
teruterubozu
(12-03-2007, 07:05 PM)

Originally Posted by LakeEarth

And he BOTCHED this?!?!

Usually an apprentice/partner stands behind and lobs the head off immediately after, just to insure a successful seppuku - so yeah, you can botch it.
kozmo7
Truly deserves to shoot laserbeams from his eyes
(12-03-2007, 07:11 PM)

Originally Posted by teruterubozu

Usually an apprentice/partner stands behind and lobs the head off immediately after, just to insure a successful seppuku - so yeah, you can botch it.

Thought they just did it to lesson the pain of the whole experience. I guess botching one would be passing out and that's what you were saying.