• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

6 furious minutes of Inazuma Eleven [DS]

Taxman

I never thought that "RPG"+"Soccer" would equate to "Awesome" in my mind, but damn. What are the odds of a Western release?

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Do want.

72j2hli.gif

RJT

Defuser said:
America likes Soccer?
Europe does. I'd say the chances of a English translation are pretty good (and there is no region lock, right?).

I must say this would be the reason for me to pick up a DS over a PSP.

NSider

Nintendo should definitely publish this in the west. It has a better chance of success and much more appeal than Professor Layton. Even in America.

We should spam NOA and Level 5 about this.

RJT

DKnight said:
Europe doesn't like "soccer".
Europe likes FOOTBALL!
Damn...
I apologize to every European for calling Football "soccer". I will proceed to punish myself for the insult. Thank you.

JoeFu

Banned
I don't really get it...

Is it kinda like that really really old Slam Dunk game? Like when you encounter someone, it goes to a mode where you choose what to do?

Also, 6 minutes of gameplay footage = 6 hours of loading... that site loads soooooooooooooooo slow.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Defuser said:
America likes Soccer?

FIFA and PES sell pretty great here (not Euro numbers of course, but FIFA in particular is a huge title). But as usual NA will get overlooked I'm sure. Here's hoping Europe gets it so I can just import.

NSider

JoeFu said:
I don't really get it...

Is it kinda like that really really old Slam Dunk game? Like when you encounter someone, it goes to a mode where you choose what to do?
Yes. It has many areas where you must be quick with the stylus, but the "encounters" are handled by choosing one of 2 or 3 actions.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
manueldelalas said:
And american football sucks.

was that really necessary?

anyway, ive had my eye on this game after seeing it on cinematech, and i must say, it makes me eager to learn the rules of soccer/futbol. now if ea or someone can get on a eyeshield 21 american football game, i 'd be in sport heaven

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
hahahahahah that vid was funny

the dude with the blue shirt "FIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH TORNADOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

TiVo

Reminds me of EyeShield 21.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHWsRGuhcds

And if they are not bringing that to the US then this aint coming.

I said it before and I will say it again:

WHY DO DEVELOPERS HATE MAKING MONEY!!!

Capcom had the sense to put English & Japanese text in Phoenix Wright which is a TEXT HEAVY game but the EyeShiled 21 guys among other developers can't do it for ACTION HEAVY games with light text. Explain that to me please.

mcgarrett

It might do OK here. While soccer certainly isn't big on a professionial level, it's very popular as a children's sport.

TiVo

AFAIK
Nintendo bought the rights for Eyeshiled 21 in 2004 and did GBA versions. DS version was JAPAN only. And they did a Wii version of Eyeshield 21.

jesusraz

JoeFu said:
I don't really get it...

The game's football side is really cool from playing the little demo including in Prof. Layton 2. More details here if you're interested. The RPG side is what I'm more interested in, though, but that part was quite short in the demo. Seems fun from what I could gather and the visual style is definitely very appealing.

jesusraz

gimz said:
so you can kinda see how Winning Elevene gonna works on Wii

Definitely, just what I had been thinking. When Konami announced that feature I thought it would be bloody confusing, but it becomes second nature tapping the stylus where you want the ball to go, then directing various team mates around by swiping lines here there and everywhere.

Busaiku

TiVo said:
AFAIK
Nintendo bought the rights for Eyeshiled 21 in 2004 and did GBA versions. DS version was JAPAN only. And they did a Wii version of Eyeshield 21.
There's been an Eyshield game on PS2/PSP as well, none of them made it to the US.

Brak

I love the concept for this game, but the controls seem... subpar.

I'm having flashbacks of that stupid water polo game in Final Fantasy X.

TreIII

AMAZING. Probably my second most anticipated DS game of 2008, right after Kunio-kun DodgeBall! :D

Can't wait. And anything that has "God Hand" in it has to be awesome.

theultimo

Awesome, the world needs another Tecmo World Cup/Captain T. It might look weird, but this is one of the best gameplay experiences I have ever seen.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
That's pretty freaking sweet. The ingame little cutscenes remind me of Captain Tsubasa and they even got some of the moves from Shaolin(KungFu) Soccer!
I'll definitely keep an eye out for this game. Thanks for update.

Also, do you guys know when the localized version will be available?

akenatone

this game reminds me of the old tsubasa nes games. I hope some publisher out there (Xseed??) does the right thing and brings this game outside japan.

maxmars

TreIII said:
AMAZING. Probably my second most anticipated DS game of 2008, right after Kunio-kun DodgeBall! :D

Can't wait. And anything that has "God Hand" in it has to be awesome.

Great minds think alike. :D

Top Bottom