• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Prime crotch
Member
(01-14-2008, 11:24 AM)
Prime crotch's Avatar
I don't get it, are they mad about the chick who's been body-painted as WW or because she's posing for Playboy as WW?

btw some links are NSFW since they contain pics

http://comicsfairplay.blogspot.com/2...r-she-ain.html
http://comicsfairplay.blogspot.com/2...t-it-says.html
http://blog.newsarama.com/2008/01/11...ats-not-power/
http://ragnell.blogspot.com/2008/01/...eryl-lynn.html
http://womenincomics.blogspot.com/20...10th-2008.html
Alien Bob
taken advantage of my ass
(01-14-2008, 11:33 AM)
Alien Bob's Avatar
ohhh nooooooo!
Anasui Kishibe
Banned
(01-14-2008, 11:34 AM)
Anasui Kishibe's Avatar
is that the girl they chose for WW? Meh
Wes
venison crÍpe
(01-14-2008, 11:34 AM)
Wes's Avatar

Originally Posted by Prime crotch

I don't get it, are they mad

Yep. all of them.

Yeehaw generalisations!
DarienA
The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
(01-14-2008, 11:40 AM)
DarienA's Avatar
I'm confused as to what the uproar is over.....
6.8
Member
(01-14-2008, 11:47 AM)
6.8's Avatar

Originally Posted by DarienA

I'm confused as to what the uproar is over.....

unless there's an uproar for every playboy issue.
Night_Trekker
Member
(01-14-2008, 11:47 AM)
Night_Trekker's Avatar
Some feminists have taken upon themselves to be incredibly outraged about something. Wow. This needed a thread.
rollingstart
Member
(01-14-2008, 11:50 AM)

Originally Posted by DarienA

I'm confused as to what the uproar is over.....

yeah, im confused here.

Its like they sat around in a room wondering if the picture was offensive or not, then decided to say it was without any proof.
Jive Turkey
Member
(01-14-2008, 11:50 AM)
Jive Turkey's Avatar

Originally Posted by DarienA

I'm confused as to what the uproar is over.....

Me too. I mean Wonder Woman is just filled with bondage and domination themes. She carries a lasso to tie people up and make them say what she wants...She becomes powerless when her hands are bound together. She even looks like a dominatrix clad in the American flag. Hell wasn't the original creator a polygamist?
DarienA
The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
(01-14-2008, 11:58 AM)
DarienA's Avatar
I guess now that I've thought about it that feminists hold Wonder Woman up as some role model, strong feminine character, etc. and for some playboy model to not only be dressed up as her but actually be body painted as her, they take as some kinda insult or something demeaning, since it's playboy a book I'm sure mosts feminists don't support because of its glorification of women as objects.... or something like that...

still seems silly.
RubxQub
φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
(01-14-2008, 11:58 AM)
RubxQub's Avatar
Is there really only one picture showing the goods?

Failure of epic proportions...
LCGeek
formerly sane
(01-14-2008, 11:59 AM)
LCGeek's Avatar
Ignore militant feminists they are some of the most intolerant people around possible despite how they try to come off as tolerant. For a group so represeed you'd figured they understand that people in a society should be to do what they want. Instead they often tell women how think, act, dress, and live despite not wanting men to meddle in their lives. If anything that makes them self practicing sexists. People should be within reasonable limits allowed to present how they want within this kind of are of sexuality. If a woman feels that way how is it another woman's right to say this effects me it doesn't which is why the bigger picture of thi dicussion needs to be done in this country.
Borys
Banned
(01-14-2008, 12:00 PM)
Wonder woman indeed.

WTF is wrong with feminists.
McFly
Member
(01-14-2008, 12:02 PM)
Need ... high ... res ... pic ...
Lobster
Banned
(01-14-2008, 12:44 PM)
Last link has the link to the pics. Click the first link at the last link.

Her face isn't the best but by god what a body.
McFly
Member
(01-14-2008, 12:51 PM)
Seen those, thx, but do you really call those high res?
Lobster
Banned
(01-14-2008, 01:00 PM)
Nah not calling them high res. Just telling people where they really want to go.
aoi tsuki
(01-14-2008, 01:00 PM)
i can kinda see the reason for this response. Lynda Carter was a feminist icon of sorts, so to replace her with Fallon who's obviously just another vapid tv vixen is a kick in the face. Add to that Playboy's writeup makes her sound like she's upholding Wonder Woman's legacy, which was evidently being more than jackoff material.

Maybe it's because i'm a guy and had a different focus, but i never saw Wonder Woman as an icon or hero. Hot woman in a leotard whips me with a whip that initiates a truth or dare scenario? That's a fantasy, not an icon for a just cause. Looking to entertainment for heroes is a dangerous activity.
Eric P
Member
(01-14-2008, 01:03 PM)
she's wearing more in the photos than wonder woman has in her comics
holliberry
Member
(01-14-2008, 01:04 PM)

Originally Posted by Prime crotch

I don't get it, are they mad about the chick who's been body-painted as WW or because she's posing for Playboy as WW?

btw some links are NSFW since they contain pics

http://comicsfairplay.blogspot.com/2...r-she-ain.html
http://comicsfairplay.blogspot.com/2...t-it-says.html
http://blog.newsarama.com/2008/01/11...ats-not-power/
http://ragnell.blogspot.com/2008/01/...eryl-lynn.html
http://womenincomics.blogspot.com/20...10th-2008.html

haha, ok as a female, i am not offended by this, i just think its funny you posted all these links without actually reading them. i just skimmed two and they both had the exact same sentence basically saying in the article they were calling her the "modern-day Lynda Carter" who they thought actually was some sort of role model back then.

not saying i agree or disagree, but some of them did actually explain why they are mad, not just posting the pictures :lol
Prime crotch
Member
(01-14-2008, 01:20 PM)
Prime crotch's Avatar

Originally Posted by holliberry

haha, ok as a female, i am not offended by this, i just think its funny you posted all these links without actually reading them. i just skimmed two and they both had the exact same sentence basically saying in the article they were calling her the "modern-day Lynda Carter" who they thought actually was some sort of role model back then.

not saying i agree or disagree, but some of them did actually explain why they are mad, not just posting the pictures :lol

I admit I just read one or two links but I thought I got the gist of it. Although even after reading about Lynda I still don't "get it", I always saw WW as just WW. Even some seem more mad about the girl itself than the Playboy PR snip.

Originally Posted by Eric P

she's wearing more in the photos than wonder woman has in her comics

Her boots are totally wrong though.
Last edited by Prime crotch; 01-14-2008 at 01:24 PM.
madara
Member
(01-14-2008, 01:26 PM)
madara's Avatar
Okay I get now, yeah its more about what they are claiming she is then a actual photo. Plus I am sure if Superman was on front cover of Playgirl some folks would be upset to no end, along those lines.
Eric P
Member
(01-14-2008, 01:37 PM)

Originally Posted by Prime crotch

Her boots are totally wrong though.

sorry, never looked that far down

Originally Posted by madara

Okay I get now, yeah its more about what they are claiming she is then a actual photo. Plus I am sure if Superman was on front cover of Playgirl some folks would be upset to no end, along those lines.

i can think of one gaffer who wouldn't be
Prime crotch
Member
(01-14-2008, 01:38 PM)
Prime crotch's Avatar

Originally Posted by madara

Okay I get now, yeah its more about what they are claiming she is then a actual photo. Plus I am sure if Superman was on front cover of Playgirl some folks would be upset to no end, along those lines.

I think they would sooner buy the issue and complain that he should have been on Returns rather Brandon Ruth.
Lobster
Banned
(01-14-2008, 01:40 PM)

Originally Posted by Eric P

she's wearing more in the photos than wonder woman has in her comics

Err shes not wearing anything.
Grecco
Member
(01-14-2008, 01:43 PM)
Grecco's Avatar
Meh its Tiffany Fallon overrated PMOTY imo.
RubxQub
φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
(01-14-2008, 01:45 PM)
RubxQub's Avatar

Originally Posted by Lobster

Last link has the link to the pics. Click the first link at the last link.

Her face isn't the best but by god what a body.

I'm only seeing one picture of her chest, and that's it.

Surely there's more?!
RumpledForeskin
Banned
(01-14-2008, 01:47 PM)
It'd be awesome is playboy sued all these retards for using the cover without permission.
Lobster
Banned
(01-14-2008, 01:48 PM)

Originally Posted by RubxQub

I'm only seeing one picture of her chest, and that's it.

Surely there's more?!

I thought so too but..dissapointment total.
RubxQub
φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
(01-14-2008, 01:49 PM)
RubxQub's Avatar

Originally Posted by RumpledForeskin

It'd be awesome is playboy sued all these retards for using the cover without permission.

Sue them for what exactly?

The pictures inside I understand...but the cover?
Captain Glanton
Banned
(01-14-2008, 02:14 PM)
Her husband is named Joe Don Rooney? Awesome.
RumpledForeskin
Banned
(01-14-2008, 02:19 PM)

Originally Posted by RubxQub

Sue them for what exactly?

The pictures inside I understand...but the cover?

How do you understand the pictures inside but not the cover, it's all content.
RubxQub
φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
(01-14-2008, 03:57 PM)
RubxQub's Avatar

Originally Posted by RumpledForeskin

How do you understand the pictures inside but not the cover, it's all content.

I don't understand the cover because how is it any different than me walking by a magazine rack and seeing it sitting there?

Covers are meant to be devices to sell magazines. It would be counter-intuitive to make it illegal to publicize the cover.
RumpledForeskin
Banned
(01-14-2008, 04:02 PM)
Yeah, I'm not gonna get into how intellectual property works in a thread about naked wonder woman because of a light hearted comment I made.
RubxQub
φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
(01-14-2008, 04:04 PM)
RubxQub's Avatar

Originally Posted by RumpledForeskin

Yeah, I'm not gonna get into how intellectual property works in a thread about naked wonder woman because of a light hearted comment I made.

Aw come on! I'm curious now.
Captain Glanton
Banned
(01-14-2008, 04:36 PM)

Originally Posted by RumpledForeskin

Yeah, I'm not gonna get into how intellectual property works in a thread about naked wonder woman because of a light hearted comment I made.

Frankly, I can't think of a better place to do so.
AdmiralViscen
Banned
(01-14-2008, 04:42 PM)
Great ass.
RubxQub
φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
(01-14-2008, 04:44 PM)
RubxQub's Avatar

Originally Posted by Captain Glanton

Frankly, I can't think of a better place to do so.

If I'm wrong, I'd love to know just how stupid people in industry are.

If it's illegal to have someone else use your magazine cover (which is created to generate sales), than there are some pretty hilarious laws out there.
Gattsu25
Formerly Wakune
(01-14-2008, 04:48 PM)
Gattsu25's Avatar

Originally Posted by AdmiralViscen

Great ass.

Just about the only part of the image I noticed
Baryn
Banned
(01-14-2008, 05:40 PM)
I am going to indignate 3 women today in retaliation, in a totally jerky fashion.
eudaemonic
Member
(01-14-2008, 08:36 PM)
eudaemonic's Avatar
Time to pull out one of my favorite WW pictures!



Have not seen the pics yet but I doubt it's worth getting in a ramage for. Rather see a hot chick in a WW bodypaint outfit than a dood. Like Tron-Guy. *shudder*
ManDudeChild
Member
(01-14-2008, 08:43 PM)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiffany_Fallon
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lynda_Carter

Ok, so this Fallon girl hasn't done as much TV work. Both seem to have had their careers started by being physically attractive. I'm seeing nothing, at least in the wiki entries, that makes Lynda Carter so special that the fem-nazi's have to get their iron panties in a bunch.

That being said, I don't really give a crap about some wank magazine's latest pandering to one-handed bandits. But common, where's the outrage coming from?
M3wThr33
Banned
(01-14-2008, 08:46 PM)
Oh man, and I just started a playboy subscription! Sweet!

I know my ex adored WW. Hell if I know why. The shit that some women accept and revile is almost random, really. I could never tell if something was going to be sexist or empowering if I mentioned it or showed it to her. She was crazy.
bob_arctor
Tough_Smooth
(01-14-2008, 08:46 PM)
bob_arctor's Avatar

Originally Posted by Anasui Kishibe

is that the girl they chose for WW? Meh

Wait, Olivia Munn wasn't cast?? Bah.
~Devil Trigger~
In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
(01-14-2008, 08:48 PM)
~Devil Trigger~'s Avatar

Originally Posted by DarienA

I'm confused as to what the uproar is over.....

.
The Take Out Bandit
grrrrrrr bungle snitches!
rrrrrrrrrrrrr baba britches!
sumthin sumthin itches!
DRAGGGUUULLLAAA!!!
(01-14-2008, 08:51 PM)
The Take Out Bandit's Avatar

Originally Posted by aoi tsuki

i can kinda see the reason for this response. Lynda Carter was a feminist icon of sorts, so to replace her with Fallon who's obviously just another vapid tv vixen is a kick in the face. Add to that Playboy's writeup makes her sound like she's upholding Wonder Woman's legacy, which was evidently being more than jackoff material.

Maybe it's because i'm a guy and had a different focus, but i never saw Wonder Woman as an icon or hero. Hot woman in a leotard whips me with a whip that initiates a truth or dare scenario? That's a fantasy, not an icon for a just cause. Looking to entertainment for heroes is a dangerous activity.

Yes, because Wonder Woman was a bondage and spanking fetish piece for her creator William Moulton Marston.

Clearly feminists have not read the olde timey Wonder Woman comics where she's getting tied up and milk poured over her. It's like some Japanese gravure video before DVD's were invented.

But it's all good as Marston also invented the polygraph machine. Take that! :P
AlphaSnake
...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
(01-14-2008, 09:34 PM)
AlphaSnake's Avatar

Originally Posted by Eric P

she's wearing more in the photos than wonder woman has in her comics

Dude...that's paint, man.
Spike Spiegel
the things I do for money
I'll never understand
the world is just a marble
in the palm of my hand
(01-14-2008, 09:55 PM)
Spike Spiegel's Avatar
Definitely not the first time a pinup has "dressed" as WW, feminists; I've got the HDD to prove it. Where was your outrage then?
vas_a_morir
Banned
(01-14-2008, 10:02 PM)
vas_a_morir's Avatar
Fiddle dee dee, I got a boner.
Suburban Cowboy
(01-14-2008, 10:14 PM)
would any man complain if some masculine figure (McGuyver?) was sexualized for female enjoyment? Thats the worst part of sex-wars, there is no even playing field, women will always hold us to a higher standard than we hold them

Thread Tools