• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
View Poll Results: Which PS3 theme should m0dus tackle next?
-
0 0%
-
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

m0dus
(01-28-2008, 03:42 AM)
I'm back. New stuff to post. These themes would get far more intricate if there was more in the way of updated compilers out there. If anyone has any inkling as far as sony actually UPDATING their toolset, I'd be happy to hear it.

COMPLETED THEMES

Update 5/29/08

METAL GEAR SOLID 4 VER. 2 is complete.

A complete re-write of my original MGS4 theme, this sports a gunmetal PS3 friendly monochromatic base with some red highlights which mirror the PS3 and the original MGS interface. The icons have been redone in this style, and in addition, it sports a full compliment of custom MGS sound effects (a first for me).

and while you're at it, VISIT THE OFFICIAL THREAD

Update 5/16/08

ZONE OF THE ENDERS is complete

Alt Wallpapers Included:

Okay. So here be my Zone of the Enders Theme. it took a while to decide on how to do this, so I went with a new icon set based on the art-style of the series itself (as I percieved it). I tried to keep a somewhat similar flavor to the MGS theme, obvious reasons being its associations with ZOE as a Kojima game, etc. I have also opted to do alternate backgrounds based on some nice hi-res orbital frame artwork, with added bits from the official release of the game and, of course, my own bits of 3D. I also wanted an excuse to make something golden/metallic, and this theme lent itself well to that, in the final consideration.

Update 1/30/08 - PS3 abstract theme complete:

It's funny, of all the themes I've created, I always leave my PS3 set to the default, minimalistic theme. I just like having something that, in my mind, best reflects the hardware, and the subtle craftsmanship that goes into its design. So my mission with this was to create a theme that *I* would use.

This is what I came up with:

'CELL Project'

I'll leave whoever is curious to decide how I came up with that name. Of note, I took a great deal of time setting up the specular high-lights and the materials used in the scene, so very little post-processing was needed after the final output render.

and . . . er . . a rehost would be welcome.

by my, you know, wallet.

Update 1/30/08 - PS3 abstract theme alternate:

Okay, so here's a bit of an alt version, for those wishing to have a theme to match their white PS3 (the diff here is the chrome buttons vs. black metal. And no, I didn't just invert the images :p this is an entirely new icon set and re-rendered backdrop with different shaders and altered lighting)

CELL Project _White

The challenge was to make the menu text viewable on a white background. I was able to mess with some of the specularity to get it dark in juuuust the right place.

Update 1/30/08 - Turok Unofficial theme complete:

A theme created for the official thread. Visit it NOW.

TUROK Unofficial Theme

Update 1/30/2008

Wipeout HD

Another minimalist theme (notice the trend?) utilizing a heretofore never-before-released screenshot of the game in action, taken directly off of one of the devkits. (I won't name who provided the screenshot--if you are reading this and you want me to, drop me a PM) I considered creating icons based on some of DR's weapon logos, sadly they were all FAR to phallic for my tastes :) The icon style matches that of the current Wipeout HD official website, and some of the artwork that studio liverpool has released.

Update 2/2/2008

Ugh. the SF theme is clocking in at 10mb. Because of all the backgrounds:

Street Fighter

I decided to go with an 'ink' look, akin to the style of the SF4 trailer, but with a focus on street fighter III artwork. which, let's face it, is the best artwork. period. I decided to focus on 4 characters--Ryu, Ken, Chun Li, Akuma--because they are without question the best characters. period :p

Obviously, I went ahead and added some backdrops from a couple of the previous iterations as well, including ALPHA (a personal favorite of mine).

A special note--because of the difference in between different displays, you MAY have to adjust the background brightness.

Update 2/03/08

LittleBigPlanet theme is complete

Lord, I wish there were more assets available for wallpapers. either way, the majority of the work went into the icons this time around--I wanted to do a mishmash of sackboy, plywood, cardboard, etc. I think it worked out pretty okay. I may do more wallpapers when there are more assets available. until then--here's your theme. :p Now no more requests for it.

A little something for Sh*ts and Giggles.

Update 2/26/08

Shadow of the Colossus is complete

You know, I sometimes wonder what kind of themes I could do if I could change the color of the UI text from white to black. Either way, there wasn't alot of hi-def media around for me to use, so I improvised a bit. I've also applied the same canvas effect I went with for the ICO theme, as this (of course) came from the same-ish team. The icons are designed to mimic the style of the colossi, from the stonework down to (in certain cases) the fur.
I also was quite fond of the tagline "What would you do for love" used in the magazine adverts--it always seemed an understated, dramatic point to an otherwise magnificent game.

ARCHIVED THEMES:

Devil May Cry 4

Final Fantasy VII

ICO

Metal Gear Solid 4

Okami

Valkyrie Profile

NeoGAF

WALLPAPERS

Update 1/31/2008

Okay. After innumerable requests, I am going to go ahead and post some of the wallpapers separately for the themes. this will allow them to be used on a 360, or PC. in addition, I am including some 'ALT' high quality versions of these wallpapers. Also, all of these wallpapers are 5+mb high-color BMPs, so they will probably look better than the compressed .jpgs that have to go in the theme packs (IE, no color banding or the like).

And, for heaven's sake, a rehost is always welcome ;)

Cell Project:

Final Fantasy:

And yes, I realize the FFXIII chick has nothing to do with advent children, but you can think of it as a 'hotties of FF' or some such nonesense. :p

NeoGAF:

Last edited by m0dus; 06-27-2013 at 03:56 AM.
Guled
(01-28-2008, 03:43 AM)
LBP, there is not much out there to make a R2 theme
sprsk
force push the doodoo rock
6. Sexy Moderators of NeoGAF.
Gattsu25
Formerly Wakune
Not on the list but I suggest Abstract

forgive my ignorance: can you also alter sounds in the theme (thinking official R&CF:ToD theme)?
Last edited by Gattsu25; 01-28-2008 at 03:57 AM.
BenjaminBirdie
Specifically the third, or "Wip3out" Wipeout or just any Wipeout in general?

Anyone who doesn't pick this doesn't like awesome things.
Alias03
Silent Hill
SnakeXs
about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
(01-28-2008, 03:44 AM)
PixelJunk Monsters

If one doesn't exist.

Please.

:D

From the list, LBP.... or abstract, sorry can't pick one.
NameGenerated
(01-28-2008, 03:44 AM)
Abstract craziness!
Somnia
(01-28-2008, 03:45 AM)

Originally Posted by Alias03

Silent Hill

I second this one!
m0dus
(01-28-2008, 03:45 AM)
"abstract" means stuff like the neogaf theme, etc.
the_id
(01-28-2008, 03:46 AM)

Originally Posted by NameGenerated

Abstract craziness!

Seconded.
Make your own theme and show us your artistic talent.

Originally Posted by m0dus

"abstract" means stuff like the neogaf theme, etc.

Why don't you go crazy and do whatever it is you like doing.
Fuck, go do a Van Gough and cut your ears off and then express your feelings about it in the form of a PS3 theme! :lol :lol
TheTruth523
I vote go crazy with your creative skills
inner-G
Banned
From the list I say abstract. You haven't let us down yet. :D

For a suggestion, I say Obama '08!
Last edited by inner-G; 01-28-2008 at 03:58 AM.
j-wood
Abstract would be superfantastical
kay

Originally Posted by sp0rsk

Themes need to have content to work. ohoho
methane47
(01-28-2008, 03:49 AM)

win
XHitoshuraX
Banned
(01-28-2008, 03:52 AM)
The answer needs to be abstract...
Supaman223
(01-28-2008, 03:52 AM)
GO FUCKING NUTS!
Kittonwy
Banned
(01-28-2008, 03:53 AM)
Do like a bunch of cats.
Mr. Banana Grabber
Banned
(01-28-2008, 03:56 AM)
Abstract
Gattsu25
Formerly Wakune
(01-28-2008, 03:57 AM)
Changing my vote to Abstract
Ashhong
(01-28-2008, 03:58 AM)

That's not a choice man, read the OP!

oh, abstract. Something non-game related that anyone could use.
TheJollyCorner
(01-28-2008, 04:00 AM)
SILENT HILL

SILENT HILL

SILENT HILL

SILENT HILL

preferably SH2. :D
Insane Metal
Received Internet Coal
(01-28-2008, 04:00 AM)
LBP of course <3
Grimm Fandango
(01-28-2008, 04:01 AM)
Shadow of the Colossus
viewtiful_dru
(01-28-2008, 04:01 AM)
LBP or abstract.
Das-J
Law of the West
(01-28-2008, 04:02 AM)
My vote is for LBP. I'm still rocking your awesome Uncharted theme but I could use some new hotness! :D
TheJollyCorner
(01-28-2008, 04:03 AM)
goddamnit... might as well go ahead and crown LBP. :(
Tiduz
Eurogaime
(01-28-2008, 04:06 AM)
LBP or Abstract :p
Rolf NB
(01-28-2008, 04:07 AM)
Resistance 2
Media may not be super-plentiful, but if you put it up for vote you sure think you have enough, right? So if you think you can do it, I want you to do it. That. Resistance 2.

Oddball: Starcraft 2 hurrhurr
Zaraki_Kenpachi
(01-28-2008, 04:07 AM)
silent hill
Shawn128
(01-28-2008, 04:09 AM)
wipeout

Wipeout

WIPEOUT

Stop thinking about your favorite franchises, fools. Go with what you know would be one of the slickest themes you'd ever see!
Draft
(01-28-2008, 04:09 AM)
Since Wipeout's visual style is basically a funky ass theme, just painted on hypercars, I vote Wipeout.
chubigans
y'all should be ashamed
(01-28-2008, 04:10 AM)
Abstract! ABSTRACT!
TheDuce22
Banned
(01-28-2008, 04:11 AM)
God of War or abstract i guess.
Souther
Banned
(01-28-2008, 04:13 AM)
How about Berserk PS2. But since we picking from your list....Then Silent Hill
Insane Metal
Received Internet Coal
(01-28-2008, 04:14 AM)

Originally Posted by Shawn128

wipeout

Wipeout

WIPEOUT

Stop thinking about your favorite franchises, fools. Go with what you know would be one of the slickest themes you'd ever see!

Thatīs a great idea actually. Iīd definetely use it if I had a ps3 :D
AAK
(01-28-2008, 04:15 AM)
silent hill
PROOP
FREAKING OUT MAN
(01-28-2008, 04:17 AM)
LBP!!!!

IMO it would be the best as it is seems that bright colors and cutesy icons would make my PS3 feel like a playground. Is it possible to change the music the OS plays?
soco
(01-28-2008, 04:18 AM)
Silent Hill meets the sexy GAF moderators.
Lo-Volt
(01-28-2008, 04:19 AM)
Abstract. Or GAF moderators + Boogie for added sexiness. But seriously, go nuts and let's see what you come up with!
fistfulofmetal
Banned
(01-28-2008, 04:20 AM)
My suggestion

You know that amazing Okami theme you made? Well why not make a Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater in the same vein? Redone icons that fit the style of a jungle survival game.

It would be a pretty big job though.

Out of the list, probably Wipeout
el Diablo
Banned
(01-28-2008, 04:27 AM)
Voting for abstract. You're obviously damn good at what you do, i can only imagine what you could do when you're not limiting yourself to a particular "theme".
calder
Awesome Овечкин
Овечкин is awesome
(01-28-2008, 04:29 AM)
Wipeout could make for a fantastic theme, so I vote Wipeout.

PJM has a pretty damn good theme on the Store
n1n9tean
Banned
(01-28-2008, 04:31 AM)
Either LBP or abstract.

But, beyond that list, I would love a Pink FLoyd theme that isn't laughable (like the one that's out there somewhere which I promptly deleted after checking it out). As far as gaming themes go, either SOTC with multiple wallpapers for each collossus OR a badass SOCOM theme (it would be great, I'm sure! No one has done a decent SOCOM theme).
allegate
(01-28-2008, 04:31 AM)
abstract

and

Invader Zim. :)
XHitoshuraX
Banned
(01-28-2008, 04:34 AM)
Are you going to add sound to the theme now that it's possible?
n1n9tean
Banned
(01-28-2008, 04:38 AM)

Originally Posted by XHitoshuraX

Are you going to add sound to the theme now that it's possible?

Yes, it is. But dammit if it ain't the most annoying thing when you come across a nice looking theme only to find that it's stuck with loud and obnoxious NOISES!!

Don't take that the wrong way. I think custom sounds are completely cool. I love them when they're used correctly (see: Ratchet and Clank: Future official theme). It's just that some people don't bother considering whether they are too loud or whether the types of noises will get to be a nuisance in the long run.
Last edited by n1n9tean; 01-28-2008 at 04:42 AM.
commissar
(01-28-2008, 04:40 AM)
omg wipeout would be awesome.
dfyb
Banned
(01-28-2008, 04:42 AM)
2.) PS3 Abstract theme gets my vote

LBP would be my second choice