• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo of America: Your Boxart is Rubbish

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
For tips on improving it see below.

okncao.jpg

santouras

FFS why do we always get shafted with shitty, shitty boxart for metroid and japan, where no-one cares about the 3D metroids, they get the superior boxart
only the first MP boxart looked passable, 2 and esp 3 where absolute shit

PA.28318.001.jpg

PA.02717.019.jpg

even their first metroid prime boxart is better then ours

Ronin said:
Samus and her shitty friends?

You know what would really make it better? Samus in the middle, Dark Samus on the right, Ridley on the left. That's it. No supporting characters, please.

I actually like the US boxart a lot, always did. It is a hell of a lot better than the MP2 art, that's for sure.

I do like it more than this Japanese art, too. Too much teal in this one, too much monotony. Samus and the title of the game both stand out a lot better in the US art.

japan has always had the upper hand on aesthetics when it comes to gaming and it always will. whether it be boxart or character design (its not all cliched animu crap)

everybody should be glad its not as bad as it was in the mid-90s and eariler. remember sega of america's impressively awful boxart?

santouras said:
only the first MP boxart looked passable, 2 and esp 3 where absolute shit
I like the shiny Prime 2 box-art. :(
Rodeo Clown said:
Yeah, I'm still pissed I only got 3 issues of their damn magazine for registering all my stuff.
HAHAHAHAHA YOU FAIL I GOT A
pink stylus :\

Firestorm

Rodeo Clown said:
Yeah, I'm still pissed I only got 3 issues of their damn magazine for registering all my stuff.

I got Zelda: Collector's Edition, Metroid Prime 2: Echoes Bonus Disc, Zelda PH stylus, 3 extra months of Wii warranty, 3 free magazines, and $12 off subscription price two years in a row for registering my stuff.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
nice boxart. can we expect nintendo jp to send some of those in our direction after the game bombs in jp?

fuckin NOA

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
I dunno about Nintendo, but I sure know that Sony fuck up horribly at times.

ico-4-covers.jpg

Pick the odd one out.

MisterHero

I AM JOHN! said:
I like the shiny Prime 2 box-art. :(

HAHAHAHAHA YOU FAIL I GOT A
pink stylus :\
HAHAHAHAHAHA YOU FAIL I GOT
two $10-off coupons for Wavebirds, two free memory cards an extended Wii warranty, Zelda Master Quest and Collector's Edition and Metroid Prime 2 demo and a Zelda shirt, 3 free months,
SMASH BROS MELEE SOUNDTRACK
, Zelda TP Player's Guide/Soundtrack and 2 mannequin hands

for registering to Nintendo Power and/or renewing it, including the points it added to my MyNintendo account. :D

MisterHero said:
two $10-off coupons for Wavebirds, two free memory cards an extended Wii warranty, Zelda Master Quest and Collector's Edition and Metroid Prime 2 demo and a Zelda shirt, 3 free months,

for registering to Nintendo Power, including the points it added to my MyNintendo account. :D
Wtf, you actually got good stuff?! :(

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
MisterHero said:

for registering to Nintendo Power and/or renewing it, including the points it added to my MyNintendo account. :D
Well, how many things do you have registered and did you post on their god-awful forums?

MisterHero

I AM JOHN! said:
Wtf, you actually got good stuff?! :(

Rodeo Clown said:
Well, how many things do you have registered and did you post on their god-awful forums?

Nintendo Power had awesome bundle deals from time to time. They included a game and the Player's Guide but there was also a free memory card and a player's guide.

IIRC, I got bundles for Mario Sunshine, Metroid Prime and Zelda Four Swords.

They still do them but they're nowhere as good. :/

I don't have very many games registered (I'm poor so the bundles were a godsend). NSider was a fine forum, but really began to fall apart in the last year-and-a-half. :(

In fact the reason I didn't get the Kirby/Brain Age stylus was because I didn't have enough games registered. :lol

TJ Spyke

VOOK said:
For tips on improving it see below.

okncao.jpg

Ugh, i'm glad we didn't get that boxart. The American boxarts of games are usually the best (not always, but more often than not). Considering that the Metroid series sells like crap in Japan, i'm not surprised they get the worst boxart for the MP series.

USD

TJ Spyke said:
Ugh, i'm glad we didn't get that boxart. The American boxarts of games are usually the best (not always, but more often than not). Considering that the Metroid series sells like crap in Japan, i'm not surprised they get the worst boxart for the MP series.
I don't think that this one is all that special, but the Japanese boxart for Prime 1 and 2 are a lot better than the ones we got in America.

Why does everyone have such a hate on for the NA corruption art? The only thing I don't like about it is the faded Samus in the background, other than that I thought it was pretty good.

Bildi

When I first saw the USA MP3 boxart I thought Dark Samus was having buttsecks with Samus while looking back over its shoulder.

The USA ICO box is truly an abomination.

santouras

Oracle Dragon said:
Why does everyone have such a hate on for the NA corruption art? The only thing I don't like about it is the faded Samus in the background, other than that I thought it was pretty good.
because when they hard awesome art like this and this to work with they could have done sooooo much better.

TJ Spyke

USD said:
I don't think that this one is all that special, but the Japanese boxart for Prime 1 and 2 are a lot better than the ones we got in America.

I don't know what the Japanese MP boxart looks like, but that Japanese MP2:E boxart seen a few posts up is not better than the NA MP2:E boxart.

Top Bottom