• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guitar Hero: Aerosmith Officially Announced (PR)

GCQuinton

Fire up the fret board, crank the amp to 11 and get ready to rock this way with Activision, Inc.’s (Nasdaq:ATVI) Guitar Hero®: Aerosmith®, the first game built around the legendary music of America’s Greatest Rock ‘N Roll Band: Steven Tyler, Joe Perry, Brad Whitford, Tom Hamilton and Joey Kramer. Slated for release this June, this latest installment from the franchise with the #1 best-selling video game in 2007, puts players in the shoes of Perry (guitar), Whitford (guitar) and Hamilton (bass), as they rock out alongside frontman Tyler and drummer Kramer. Gamers will experience Aerosmith’s GRAMMY® winning career, from their first gig to becoming rock royalty, in a way that no other entertainment vehicle offers.

To celebrate this historic, ground-breaking collaboration, Guitar Hero® III: Legends of Rock fans will have the opportunity to download and jam to Aerosmith’s “Dream On.” The song will be available for free from February 16-18 on Xbox LIVE® Marketplace for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PLAYSTATION®Store for the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system. For more information, please visit www.guitarhero.com.

“Having a game built around Aerosmith has been a huge honor and really a great experience for us,” says Joe Perry. “We’ve put a lot of ideas into the game so that fans can have fun interacting with our music, getting inside our body of work and learning about the band’s history.”

Steven Tyler says, “Any band that can go from ‘Don’t Want to Miss A Thing’ (Aerosmith’s #1 smash hit) to the ass-kicking ‘Sweet Emotion’ to the cheekiness of ‘Love in an Elevator,’ to the classic ballad ‘Dream On’ shows why Activision chose us to headline this game based on the diversity of the Aerosmith catalog. Not only is songwriting a bitch, but then it goes and has puppies.”

Perry adds, “On a larger scale, it’s cool for us to be pioneers helping to rebuild the music industry through a format like video games. It’s great for rock since the record companies are struggling to make sense of how things are changing. Fans want to get and experience music in new formats--and there are going to be some of them who will play the game, then pick up the guitar for real and start bands. It’s what’s happening now, and it’s only going to build more momentum in the future. It’s a massive change for the music business.”

“We are extremely excited that Aerosmith chose to team up with Guitar Hero, bringing one of the world’s all-time best-selling artists together with one of the biggest video game brands, to deliver a new and unique interactive way for our customers to connect with artists and their music,” said Dusty Welch, head of publishing for Activision/RedOctane. “This partnership will give Aerosmith, a band that has sold more than 150 million albums worldwide, a powerful and innovative platform to reach their fans and new audiences.”

Guitar Hero: Aerosmith brings these quintessential rock legends to the interactive realm to create the ultimate gaming experience. As fans progress through their careers in the game, they can rock out to scores of Aerosmith’s greatest hits, as well as songs from celebrated artists that the band has either performed with or has been inspired by in some way. Venues from historical moments during the band’s illustrious career offer the experience of “sweet emotion” and further capture the essence of the band’s rise to fame.

Guitar Hero: Aerosmith is being developed by Neversoft Entertainment for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system. The Wii™ version is being developed by Vicarious Visions. The PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system version is being developed by Budcat. The game is not yet rated by the ESRB.

guitarheroaerosmithannoun-49ivxoyw4.jpeg

Dr_Cogent

Banned
America’s Greatest Rock ‘N Roll Band

Wait, what?

:lol

If that's America's greatest rock and roll band - that's pretty fucking sad.

segasonic

seesaw swingin' with the boys in the school
and your feet flyin' up in the air
singin' "hey diddle diddle"
with your kitty in the middle of the swing
like you didn't care
so I took a big chance at the high school dance
with a missy who was ready to play
wasn't me she was foolin'
'cause she knew what she was doin'
and I knowed love was here to stay
when she told me to

walk this way, walk this way
just gimme a kiss
like this!

segasonic

don't hate on Aerosmith they're a good band, I saw them live last year

plus Liv Tyler is hot!!! (or used to be befor she got fat)

but a whole GH game based on them is still ridiculous

Fladam

I think we know where this is going...

Guitar Hero
Guitar Hero 2
Guitar Hero 80's
Guitar Hero 3
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero Project 8
Guitar Hero American Sk8land
Guitar Hero Proving Ground

Oy, crap.

Cool that Dream On is free. That's probably the only song I'd want to play by them. Tyler fits in with the singer from GH though, big mouth and all.

radjago

Dr_Cogent said:
America’s Greatest Rock ‘N Roll Band

Wait, what?

:lol

If that's America's greatest rock and roll band - that's pretty fucking sad.
It's just a tag line they use, like the Clash's "The only band that matters"

ElNino

To celebrate this historic, ground-breaking collaboration, Guitar Hero® III: Legends of Rock fans will have the opportunity to download and jam to Aerosmith’s “Dream On.” The song will be available for free from February 16-18 on Xbox LIVE® Marketplace for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PLAYSTATION®Store for the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system.
This is the only part of the announcement I care about. Dream On is an awesome song. I was hoping we'd get it in Rock Band but this will do.

Fladam said:
I think we know where this is going...

Guitar Hero
Guitar Hero 2
Guitar Hero 80's
Guitar Hero 3
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero Project 8
Guitar Hero American Sk8land
Guitar Hero Proving Ground

Oy, crap.

Well, according to Shane, there are 4 GH products planned this year: Aerosmith being one, GH4 being another and possibly GH for DS.

Tf53

I think the HD versions are safe, but how in the hell are they gonna fit Steven Tyler's mouth on screen using Standard Definition?

scarybore

GCQuinton said:

Damn that is scary! Won't be picking this up as I would rather get Rock Band when it's released in Europe and I'm not a fan of Aerosmith, but if there was a Iron Maiden themed version of Guitar Hero I would be all over that.

Oneself

Do not want indeed.

If this sells well (and if Aerosmith gets tons of money from this), we're gonna see a lot more "Guitar Heroe: insert your favorite band here"...

jumpthesharkzb1.jpg

Everybody who buys this game deserves to have an impacted hangnail.

Activision staff donate to Ron Paul literally, and now they do it figuratively to the gaming world with this abomination.

Everybody who likes Aerosmith should be subject to forced sterilisation.

I am not prone to hyperbole.

Borys

Banned
And to think they'll also ruin/ whore-out the Diablo, Starcraft and Warcraft franchises now, sigh.

FU ATVI

Killadji

"I wanna close my eyes
I wanna fall asleep
'Cause I DO NOT WANT you, game
And I wanna miss a thing
'Cause even when I dream of you
The worst nightmare will never do
I'd still piss on you, game
And I wanna miss a thing"

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Want to know whats going to suck about this game? The early (pre late 80's, I'd assume) Aerosmith masters are all lost or destroyed. They are actually re-recording masters of all of their hits for the game. So it's like a shitty cover, but done by the same band only a few decades later :lol

dave is ok said:
Want to know whats going to suck about this game? The early (pre late 80's, I'd assume) Aerosmith masters are all lost or destroyed. They are actually re-recording masters of all of their hits for the game. So it's like a shitty cover, but done by the same band only a few decades later :lol

Oh...

*Bail out*

FF_VIII

Banned
dave is ok said:

Can't be much worse then GH2's Killing In The Name..

Top Bottom