• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

R*'s PATHETIC port job: Bully 360 freezing (among other glitches) [PATCH NOW OUT]

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Played for about 10 minutes. Rode my bike into town, and the framerate is improved slightly. It's not butter smooth, but it's better.

The music skipped a lot though.

Didn't crash in the 10 minutes I played :).

I have to go out tonight, but I'm going to give this a lot of time on saturday.

Costanza

Banned
I'm starting to think music skips would be more annoying than the freezes.

Fucking Mad Doc.. how does this happen? :lol

I bought and played for about 2 hours today. it does scream quick port to me. At 49.99 I feel like I paid too much, it should have been $39.99. I am having fun through, but it does not look like a first-gen 360 game that some review said.

Bliddo

Costanza said:
Soooooo, has anyone had a lockup yet?
nope, but it only froze on me a couple of times at 70% of completion.
Now with the patch I noticed some minor audio stuttering :/

Kingpen

sounds like the patch didn't fix all the framerate problems and even introduced some audio ones...

Is the Wii version still considered the best version now?

my wii version has been fine, except for one time when it froze. But that's in a combined 20 hours of gameplay so far. One freeze. AND i was able to avoid resetting by waiting for him to pass out :D

Kingpen said:
sounds like the patch didn't fix all the framerate problems and even introduced some audio ones...

Is the Wii version still considered the best version now?

I had audio problems pre-patch, for the record.

I've played several hours with the patch and have had no freezes. I only had 1 freeze pre-patch. There does seem to be more audio drop-outs now but isn't too bad. The game does seem to run a little better.

The game is great fun. I love the writing. And I love the fact that they've throw practically ever classic prank in there . . . swirlies, egging cars, skitching, wedgies, a kick-me sign, banana peels, a bag of marbles to trip people, etc. The game is really a crack-up. It even has the ultimate classic . . . the flaming bag of poop! :lol

I've had the chance to play the Wii version for a few hours and both version have their advantages. The Wii version does have nice controls in that you use left and right controllers for left and right punches. And you can use the pointer for aiming (although it is a bit wonky). However, the graphics on the Wii version just can't compare the HD graphics on the 360 version. So I still prefer the 360 version despite the minor drop-out issues.

Costanza

Banned
Both Kotaku and Eurogamer have put up articles about the problems with the new patch...

I'm wondering what the chances are that Mad Doc repatches it
and fucks up more things in the process

Costanza said:
Both Kotaku and Eurogamer have put up articles about the problems with the new patch...

I'm wondering what the chances are that Mad Doc repatches it
and fucks up more things in the process
playin 360 version right now....While I've only seen one glitch so far (jimmy sitting down then spinning in his chair in english class), the framerate is indeed horrendous =(

Costanza

Banned
AgentOtaku said:
playin 360 version right now....While I've only seen one glitch so far (jimmy sitting down then spinning in his chair in english class), the framerate is indeed horrendous =(
This whole patch fuckup left such a sour taste in my mouth that I've like completely lost any drive to keep playing mine.

...I mean at this point, I HAVE to play the 360 version

I ditched the Waggle with Wii version as I felt it became unnecessary and the "stuttering/streaming" loading became annoying as well
....and the PS2 version runs just as bad as the 360 version, so might as well keep the HD and achievements =/

Rhindle

I had zero freezes post-patch and was able to finish the game without further incident.

Really the only residual issue I encountered was the occasional soundtrack choppiness - but that's hardly a reason to avoid playing the game. For all intents and purposes, the patch got the job done.

Costanza

Banned
Ebay prices are at around 37 bucks used... wow, how is this still going for so much? I figured it'd be down to like 20 by now.

Top Bottom