• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RETARDED LIE DAY ALERT: Resident Evil 4 Classic Edition for PS3/360?

cvxfreak

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

http://www.the-horror.com/

I was sent this goody by a friend who works at Capcom's San Fransisco building. He spied an artist working on what appeared to be boxart for an upcoming port of Resident Evil 4 for the XBOX 360 and PS3 entitled "Resident Evil 4 Classic Edition". Details are sketchy, but from what my contact could gather, the game will feature Hunk more than before. When pressed further, they said Hunk would be getting his own story-campaign, similar to Ada's Separate Ways scenario in the PS2/PC/Wii versions. I'm attempting to get direct captures of the boxart, and not a quick cellphone grab but this will have to do for now. We'll have more to report on this in the coming days!

1z21s79.jpg

I wouldn't put it past Capcom. I hate the game, but it's embarassing even to me that such a highly acclaimed game is whored out with such poor taste.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
This is Capcom so yea I'll believe it. what's another million seller RE4 game to help fund RE5.

MisterHero

Reaction:

Stage 1 - Oh Capcom

Stage 2 - April Fool's? I lol'd

Stage 3 - Not April Fool's?

Stage 4 - Oh Capcom

With my GCN broken, I'd buy it.
and finally finish it

Better not be 'next-gen' priced, $19.99 or bust.
it would be 39.99 sadly

Where's my HD Code Veronica remake Capcom?

And why would someone go through the trouble of faking this, knowing that RE5 is actually coming out for PS360?

~Kinggi~

Banned
Oh, i would certainly love this. Totally love this. Would be fantastic to play this before RE 5 releases all over again with hi res graphics. But it just seems like one of those too good to be true scenarios. A real shame. :(

Ploid 3.0

Blurry screen? Check. I have yet to play this game. If it's a great quality, and at a low price I'll think about it (PS3).

witness

Even if it were real I wouldn't buy it cause after getting it on Wii recently, I would not want to go back to playing it with a regular pad. Aiming and knife control is worlds better.

Costanza

Banned
cvxfreak said:
San Mateo could be considered San Francisco in the same way the Tokyo Games Show isn't actually in Tokyo.

Still, if it's shot down, then good. :D

More:

I tried to point out was that any sort of "creditable" rumor would have facts checked as much as possible. SF offices? Really? The location would be EASIEST fact to check, seeing how it's in my location information right next to my avatar for all to see.

I'm done. Think what you like. Be ready for a letdown of epic proportions. I'm just trying to help because I don't want anyone to have their hopes built up for no reason whatsoever and be let down.
http://www.capcom.com/BBS/showpost.php?p=500620&postcount=16

Phthisis

Wow. Really? We work in San Francisco? I didn't know that. Why does my business card say we're in San Mateo? Darn it, I need to get it updated.

Also. We have no artists that work in Dev here... Further more, All RE comes out of Japan. None of it comes from CEI.

Soooooooooo.................you're tellin' me there's a chance.

Costanza

Banned
Another denial from a different Capcom guy:
http://www.capcom.com/BBS/showpost.php?p=500664&postcount=29
I appreciate the passion that the community has for RE (especially for RE4). That said, I hate seeing people's expectations raised in some unwarranted fashion (and inevitably, I'm sure the Internet will spin it as something we've officially announced and subsequently delayed or cancelled when it doesn't show up ).

I'll stand by the third post I made in this thread. There are no current plans.

But if it makes you all happy, believe what you will.

I smell April fools somewhere.

I'm positive this is a bullshit traffic stunt/leading up to April Fools.

Top Bottom