• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ESRB Watch: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia platform revealed (hint: NOT Mobile)

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Right, ESRB website just updated: here is the entry

Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. T Blood, Fantasy Violence Nintendo DS

You may now commence with the rejoicing.

EMBee99

all that he wants is another baby
Will this be the entry in the Castlevania series that deviates from the past few titles and brings forth a revi.......aw, screw it.

Day one.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
evilromero said:
Better be true platforming, 8-way whip action, duck-crawl, no RPG bullshit or I'm falling asleep.

Piper Az said:
If it's anything like last 3-4 DS Castlevania, no thanks. The formula got real old for me.

Well, we know some people will be disappointed, as hard as it may be to believe.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Good thing it's not some 3D console shitfest, and although I agree the formula has become much too stale lately, it's always good to have more 2D games of quality.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Shard said:
Right, ESRB website just updated: here is the entry

Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. T Blood, Fantasy Violence Nintendo DS
no nudity and use of alcohol = no buy.

yeah

sajj316

When are we getting a HD Castlevania on the PSN or Xbox Live? I love the DS and everything but 2D has a place for the 360 and PS3.

BrodiemanTTR said:
Dawn of Sorrow was excellent, Portrait of Ruin was godawful. Let's see.
They were very similar games. I don't see how one could be a shitstain when it was nearly identical in design as the previous title.

Ohmigawd I missed a few games!
More than a few. You could really argue six games but that would be lumping the godawesome SOTN in with the handheld titles.

GhostSeed

20sdu0k.jpg

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
sajj316 said:
When are we getting a HD Castlevania on the PSN or Xbox Live? I love the DS and everything but 2D has a place for the 360 and PS3.

Let me see: IGA has gone on record remarking that an XBLA Castlevania of original origins will be very unlikely since he thinks that the price points offered on the service are too low as far as the PSN goes, not word one on that service.

SantaC

evilromero said:
They were very similar games. I don't see how one could be a shitstain when it was nearly identical in design as the previous title.

Not that similar. The switch system sucked, the level design a notch below and outdoor enviroments felt no different than being in the castle.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
evilromero said:

More than a few. You could really argue six games but that would be lumping the godawesome SOTN in with the handheld titles.

That is the thing POR did NOT have same design as DOS, not level design at any rate, the old school level idea just did not mesh well with the Metroidvania style.

evilromero said:

Dawn of Sorrow was very well-structured IMO whereas Portrait of Ruin felt lazy and slapped together.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
if by 'rejoicing' you mean 'indifference to yet another diminished return of sotn,' then i have already commenced it

:piss iga

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
When I clicked on this thread and was waiting for it to load, I was imagining that this game would be released for consoles, in HD, and that I was going to win the lottery, and women would talk to me, and all my troubles would be over... and then the page loaded.

Leezard

Day one!

I don't care if it reuses the same old formula... I love it. Some refreshing changes would be nice, though.

TreIII

...Interesting, but I'll wait until we actually see more before starting any sort of rejoicing.

I'm hoping that for them to have taken basically a year and some change off after finishing PoR, they will have used that time to give the Aria of Sorrow-type formula (which is what the games have followed since that game), a nice shot in the arm, or maybe even give an even more drastic overhaul than that.

Oh, and while it would be nice if this turned out to be the 1999-DCW thing starring a 19-20-something Julius Belmont, part of me wonders if maybe it would be better to have a game in another point in the time line instead. After all, once they DO get to the whole DCW thing, there really can't be any going back.

So, how about a game starring Soleiyu Belmont (son of Christopher, father of Simon), for example? Guy's even worse off than Richter. Richter at least had his own game, before being made the series' prison bitch in SOTN. Soleiyu got brain-washed, and had to be saved by his old man, and never got to contribute anything of worth to the Belmont legacy (unless being one part of the equation that created Simon, counts). He needs his own game...

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I'm far from tired of the formula and being on a portable system makes one hell of a difference to me. Day one.

Hcoregamer00

SantaC said:
I hope it's set in medivial times and not this future or 20th centuary garbage again.

No, it should take place in the 26th century.

basically make it a metroid game

samratty

Yay!
I've been replaying Super Castlevania 4 recently and might pull out SotN soon... Those wold be a great lead up to a new Castlevania.

Davidion

Alaluef said:
I'm far from tired of the formula and being on a portable system makes one hell of a difference to me. Day one.

It's strange, Castlevania is one of the few games with both console and portable iterations that I feel like work a lot better as a portable than as a home game. I can't tell what it is, but it's as if the game is just more comfortable to play on a handheld.

Mechar

Neo Member
Awesome! There has been some possible leaked scrrens on Kotaku, but Konami and IGA just hasn´t said anything. After reading Gameinformers interview with IGA where he mentioned the new DS tittle and that he would announce more information in the near future, I thought of GDC as the place that he would go for. Sadly, nothing came out. So this is I guess good news.
But I´m so looking forward to this game. The DS-entries in the series have both been awesome. Dawn of Sorrow is by far the best DS game out there.

Hcoregamer00

Davidion said:
It's strange, Castlevania is one of the few games with both console and portable iterations that I feel like work a lot better as a portable than as a home game. I can't tell what it is, but it's as if the game is just more comfortable to play on a handheld.

I agree, castlevania is definitely a portable franchise.

Although I admit that I was hoping that there would be more castlevania games for the PSP (using the Dracula X engine).

Top Bottom