• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Power - June 2008

Crushed

Fry Daddy
AniHawk said:
NP Staff > Readers
I voted:

1. Snatcher (SuperCD or Sega-CD)
2. Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake (MSX2)
3. Mega Man 2
4. Akumajo Dracula X: Chi no Rondo (Castlevania Dracula X: Rondo of Blood)
5. Terranigma

Vagabundo

Amir0x said:
(Interesting development that Wii version is being handled by the people who did Sonic Rush/Sonic Rush Adventure, the only good Sonic games in a decade.)

Wii is getting the A-teams now, confirmed.

While I'm looking forward to Trauma Center: UtK2; the biggest news out of this issue is that next month will have a big update on the Wii/DS Ghostbusters games. I can't wait!

kottila

El Pescado said:
While I'm looking forward to Trauma Center: UtK2; the biggest news out of this issue is that next month will have a big update on the Wii/DS Ghostbusters games. I can't wait!

I'm still waiting for New Blood.

NTom64

Sonic Unleashed Wii done by the Rush Team?

...looks like I have an excuse to get both 360 and Wii versions now :D :lol

So what does it say about Crash and Spyro? Anything Wii-specific?

We know from various impressions of Crash MoM that the Wii version is the baseline/lead version (unlike the bullshit that ONM said about Sonic Unleashed!!!).

I'm curious about anything new about We Love Golf! and that interview with those brothers that are the founders of Camelot right?

jsrv

When does the June 2008 issue of Nintendo power get released in stores/stands for non-subscribers? Around mid May?

Firestorm

GreenNight said:
VC Poll Results:

Readers Most Wanted
1. Earthbound
2. Super Mario RPG
3. Chrono Trigger
4. Mother
5. Majoras Mask

NP Staff
1. Mega Man: The Wily Wars
2. Terranigma
3. FF6
4. Super Mario RPG
5. Rocket Knight Adventures

HEY NINTENDO LOOK AT THAT
I like how the NP Staff doesn't have Earthbound in the Top 5 at all. Maybe they were told to keep quiet!

Symytry

so what did they end up saying was good/bad about Drone Tactics? I thought it looked interesting enough to pre-order...

jarrod

Banned
Firestorm said:
HEY NINTENDO LOOK AT THAT
I like how the NP Staff doesn't have Earthbound in the Top 5 at all. Maybe they were told to keep quiet!
Or maybe it's just not good enough to make their top 5? I like EB okay, but it wouldn't make my top 5 either honestly.

Was the multiplayer balance board issue their main complaint about We Ski, or is there something inherently wrong with the game itself?

I'm fine with the single-player-only (for balance board play) thing, but I'm not fine with the game being unresponsive or something like that.

Drone Tactics:

+ game is surprisingly well made
+ collectible card minigame works well
+ unit customization options are deep and enjoyable

- military strategy game that appeals to preteens
- storyline elicits eye rolls
- touchscreen minigames tire quickly
- strange spikes in difficulty

We Ski

+ cute, fun ski game that can be played with the balance board
+ 4 players
+ can be played with remote+nunchuk (easier to handle)
+ Minigames are enjoyable

- sometimes has trouble reading your movements accurately

CaVaYeRo

hey, why isn't anybody talking about the moon-teasing thing?

http://wii.kombo.com/article.php?artid=11856

nintendopowerpreview.jpg

come on, you know you want to try and figure out...

I say it's another preview for Tales of Symphonia!

Dascu

CaVaYeRo said:
hey, why isn't anybody talking about the moon-teasing thing?

http://wii.kombo.com/article.php?artid=11856

http://wii.kombo.com/images/content/news/nintendopowerpreview.jpg[IMG]

come on, you know you want to try and figure out...

[spoiler] I say it's another preview for Tales of Symphonia![/spoiler][/QUOTE]

:D :D :D

BTW, was it Nintendo Power or ONM that had the info on Portrait of Ruin?

Dascu

Chris Michael said:
Nintendo Power. I still remember the horrific cover.
# chrismichael Says:
April 30th, 2008 at 3:59 am

IT’S NOT MOTHER. Stop getting your hopes up. This is Castlevania for sure.

There’s not even a moon in the Mother logo. It’s a little thing called EARTH…
:lol

It's obviously Castlevania, yeah. I suppose Famitsu might have a feature on it before the next Nintendo Power is out. I certainly hope so. I can't wait to get some solid info on the next Castlevania(s).

nightside

Ydahs said:
Yeah, but it says signs hidden in the moon. Maybe a hidden image or something?

this could be the "big RPG thing" all over again...i go with moon ds, fragile or, very unlikely, fatal frame 4 (iirc there the word "moon" in the japanese title)

Crushed

Fry Daddy
But seriously, I have a question for anybody out there who knows anything about the moon.

Has this always been there?

6dzw9s.jpg

2dhe73t.jpg

8vsw85.jpg

Because that's creepy as hell.

Actually now that you mention it, Fragile is a very good guess. But the moon is red and Fragile has more of a blue thing going for it... not to mention the game isn't even 30% done yet. I doubt they'd announce a US localization this soon.

It's a moon + it's red = I'm still betting on CV.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
Ah, holy shit, that skull thing really IS on the normal Moon that is WEIIIIIIRD.

Uh yeah I'm comparing it to a photo of the Moon and I don't see much difference aside from the color and the maybe more contrast. I don't see anything "hidden" or added.

Shiggy said:
Could also be a Mother/Earthbound announcement.

About as likely as this being a Final Fantasy 4 announcement, because that took place on the moon too, towards the end. Or hell, even Paper Mario had a moon level.

There are no secret messages or pictures in that moon. You can find the same picture online and there are no differences in the moon's surface. The clue is just the moon itself.

Akai

"There are no secret messages or pictures in that moon. You can find the same picture online and there are no differences in the moon's surface. The clue is just the moon itself."

Thanks for ruining the fun...

Shiggy

GreenNight said:
About as likely as this being a Final Fantasy 4 announcement, because that took place on the moon too, towards the end. Or hell, even Paper Mario had a moon level.

Do they have a moon in their logos?

kottila

hEist said:
already posted it @goninte...

looks like a head for me, starfox(krystal)?
nintendopowerpreview.jpg

but maybe i'm wrong.

There is a head at the bottom right too. Dark color, looks like a ants head. Possibly SimAnt??

Top Bottom