• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 3 Firmware 2.35 Up!

Al de Leon replied on May 14, 2008 at 7:48 pm
I just want to clarify that this upcoming firmware update isn’t related to GTA IV. For those of you who may still have an issue playing the game on your PS3, we have identified a solution that should resolve the issue. You can contact SCEA Consumer Services for support — their contact info and hours of service, as well as more information on this issue, are available in our Knowledge Center (http://playstation.custhelp.com/).

Fuck you Sony, fuck you! Way to get my hopes up.

Nightz

Marty Chinn said:
Fuck you Sony, fuck you! Way to get my hopes up.
Still worth trying GTAIV after the update. It could "magically" start working. Let us know if it does anything for you.

Nightz said:
Still worth trying GTAIV after the update. It could "magically" start working. Let us know if it does anything for you.

I don't have my copy here anymore. I got a refund. I was willing to drive out tonight to buy another copy if it worked though. I need someone else to confirm.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
OH GREAT ANOTHER TWO HOURS OF MY LIFE GONE BECAUSE OF PS3 FIRMWARE UPDATES

GOD BEING MARK MACDONALD IS SO HARD

/obligatory post

Schrade

Y2Kev said:

/obligatory post
Haha. Mark is such a wanker. He'll never live that shit down.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
I've been searching, haven't found any stealth updates yet.

h3ro

Damn it, how am I supposed to be crushed and let down by the features of a firmware update if I don't even have time to get over hyped about it?

WTF SONY.

I wonder who'll complain about the fw update this week on 1UP Yours...

Truespeed

Crisis said:
Everybody this is probably just going to be a GTA-centric patch.

2e64rpu.gif

h3ro said:
Damn it, how am I supposed to be crushed and let down by the features of a firmware update if I don't even have time to get over hyped about it?

WTF SONY.

I wonder who'll complain about the fw update this week on 1UP Yours...

I'm complaining right now cuz it doesn't fix GTA4. What possible software compatibility issue could be such a big deal that they need to fix it now when nobody has heard any other issues. The ONLY software compatibility problem they have is GTA4. Fix it Sony! Fix it Take Two! Fix it Rockstar! Someone just fix it!

Johnkers

I'm in the 'STOP RELEASING FIRMWARE UPDATES ALL THE TIME THAT TAKE 15 MINUTES+ TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL THAT HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO EFFECT FOR ME' camp.

In-Game XMB please

calder

As I've said for the last 3 or 4 PS3 firmware updates, if they keep doing them in such a way that it's downloaded and installed in about 5 minutes (like today again) I'm ok with frequent incremental updates. Hope this helps folks with GTA4, that shit is beyond unacceptable.

ggnoobIGN

Banned
Better fucking be because of GTA4.

Y2Kev said:

/obligatory post

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol well played, sir.

shit, i promised myself i'd film how long this update would take to download and install and send it to 1up yours because apparently it takes 15 minutes to update the firmware, but i totally forgot. in any case, it's been downloading for about a minute and a half now and i'm 47% done.

EDIT: OH NOES, 4 MINUTES LATER AND IT'S DONE! CLEARLY 5 AND A HALF MINUTES = FIFTEEN!!!!

When a new update comes out while I am in the middle of playing a game, the PS3 fan comes on really loud and it sounds like my 360. This is the second time this happened to me. The loudness goes away after downloading the update though.

Does this happen to anyone else?

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
ggnoobIGN said:

I just want to clarify that this upcoming firmware update isn’t related to GTA IV. For those of you who may still have an issue playing the game on your PS3, we have identified a solution that should resolve the issue. You can contact SCEA Consumer Services for support — their contact info and hours of service, as well as more information on this issue, are available in our Knowledge Center (http://playstation.custhelp.com/).

Top Bottom