• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

KINGOFNOOBS
Banned
(05-23-2008, 01:50 AM)
Yes, Six Flags.

Apparently when you complete the "Ring Toss" game, you win a free guitar. I watching some of the people fail at ring toss pretty badly. One of the people said "Damn this game is hard". I looked at him fail and I laughed. This guy said, "I bet you can't do it". I didn't respond. He paid another $5 for a bucket of rings and tried to get the rings onto the bottles yet again. He failed, yet again. I was starting to get annoyed and I wanted a guitar somewhat.

So I buy a bucket of rings for $5. He says "Don't waste your money, you can't do it". I look at him then I look back at one of my rings. I try to get a ring in the bottle and I don't. This guy (Now who seems very douche like now) starts screaming and saying "What did I tell ya, this game is rigged, you can't win it". Some of the other players who have been failing agree as well. I grab another ring and say "Idiots, that was just the first ring". I try another ring and I get it in. The seemingly talkative guy doesn't speak any longer. The booth guy asks me to choose my price and I choose the guitar.

Before I walk away, I grab another ring then pass him the rest of my rings that were in the bucket (You get about 20 of them). Before I leave, I simply say "Our difference isn't due to one of luck..." I throw the ring and it goes in yet again. "... but rather one of skill, idiot.".

Then I walk away.

Anyways, I just felt like posting that. Since I already know that GAF will be like "PICS? PIX? PIKS?". I already took one. Here is the guitar.

Anyway, the real question of this thread is. I have no clue how to play a guitar. Nor what amp to get (Surprisingly this was a electric guitar I just happened to win). And suggestions? I know this isn't a $400 guitar, but surely it must be decent.
Ninja Scooter
bow down to the
Kings in Raider hats
(05-23-2008, 01:51 AM)
you should have busted the guitar over that annoying guys head like the Honky Tonk Man.
"God's Beard!"
(05-23-2008, 01:53 AM)
Why not win some stuff for the free to a good home thread? I'm sure some of us could use a guitar or whatever rediculous prize they have.
bean breath
(05-23-2008, 01:54 AM)

Originally Posted by KINGOFNOOBS

. Before I leave, I simply say "Our difference isn't due to one of luck..." I throw the ring and it goes in yet again. "... but rather one of skill, idiot.".

Then I walk away.

Guitar slung over my shoulder.

Into the sunset.

Fixed.
bjork
(05-23-2008, 01:54 AM)

Originally Posted by Ninja Scooter

you should have busted the guitar over that annoying guys head like the Honky Tonk Man.

:lol

Poor Jake Roberts.
oatmeal
(05-23-2008, 01:58 AM)
Not a chance you said that. :lol

But still awesome...hahaha.
VPhys
(05-23-2008, 02:00 AM)
Pics or it didn't happen... oh wait.

So, for $5 you win a guitar? That seems like a pretty significant prize to me. Even a cheap guitar must be around $50, no?

Originally Posted by oatmeal

Not a chance you said that. :lol

Oh, and THIS.
rollingstart
(05-23-2008, 02:01 AM)
If the guy was there with a woman, you should have pointed at her and watch her orgasm at your sight.
BTRA
Banned
(05-23-2008, 02:02 AM)
This is how I imagined the OP story's happening.

Last edited by BTRA; 05-23-2008 at 02:14 AM.
quaere
(05-23-2008, 02:03 AM)
If you want to learn, you dont need an amp yet. You can play for a month or two without one. Try it, itll make enough noise for you to practice basic chords and what not all by itself.
davepoobond
you can't put a price on sparks
(05-23-2008, 02:03 AM)
real life anime?
jet1911
(05-23-2008, 02:06 AM)
Cheasy one liners are way more awesome in RL than on television. :lol
shift J
(05-23-2008, 02:07 AM)

Before I leave, I simply say "Our difference isn't due to one of luck..." I throw the ring and it goes in yet again. "... but rather one of skill, idiot.".

Then I walk away.

Oh, man. I laughed so hard.:lol
projectkuro
(05-23-2008, 02:11 AM)

Originally Posted by BTRA

:lol :lol :lol
funkmastergeneral
Banned
(05-23-2008, 02:13 AM)
No it's not about skill, these games are rigged dumbass. That's why they can afford to hand out guitars as prizes.
KINGOFNOOBS
Banned
(05-23-2008, 02:15 AM)

Originally Posted by funkmastergeneral

No it's not about skill, these games are rigged dumbass. That's why they can afford to hand out guitars as prizes.

Wrong. It is about skill, its just that most people try to throw the rings randomly like idiots. You don't actually believe that ring toss is simply luck do you? :lol
Verdre
(05-23-2008, 02:15 AM)

This guy (Now who seems very douche like now)

Was there a mirror at this ring toss, perhaps?
funkmastergeneral
Banned
(05-23-2008, 02:16 AM)

Wrong. It is about skill, its just that most people try to throw the rings randomly like idiots. You don't actually believe that ring toss is simply luck do you? :lol

Yes I do, these games are always rigged. The last time I went to Six Flags I saw some shitty basketball game, I'm a pretty good shooter but didn't play it because the balls were extra bouncy and the rim was tinier. They rig the games, then give out awesome prizes to get people to pay five fucking american dollars to throw a ring.
AtticusFinch
Banned
(05-23-2008, 02:17 AM)

Originally Posted by Verdre

zing!
bjork
(05-23-2008, 02:18 AM)

Yes I do, these games are always rigged. The last time I went to Six Flags I saw some shitty basketball game, I'm a pretty good shooter but didn't play it because the balls were extra bouncy and the rim was tinier. They rig the games, then give out awesome prizes to get people to pay five fucking american dollars to throw a ring.

Yeah, but now that the dollar is weak, you're ripping the game owner off by only paying $5. So in the end, you win.
KINGOFNOOBS
Banned
(05-23-2008, 02:20 AM)

I know the game you are talking about. Just because they are rigged doesn't mean they aren't games of skill. There are not any games at Six Flags (except the games that guarantee prizes) that are luck based. Though, what you are saying is true. I was trying to play the basketball game for the iPod Touch. You had to get 15 points and do three point shots to get them (each ball give you a point except the 'special' ball which gives you 2 points). I got owned in the game. Only get 10 points.
notsol337
marked forever
(05-23-2008, 02:21 AM)
I lol'ed at the feuxstrat.

I can't tell who it was made by!
Chamber
love on your sleeve
(05-23-2008, 02:22 AM)

Before I leave, I simply say "Our difference isn't due to one of luck..." I throw the ring and it goes in yet again. "... but rather one of skill, idiot.".

Then I walk away.

:lol :lol :lol
tawal
(05-23-2008, 02:27 AM)
also you gained a halo and there was some pretty rad backlighting and you played a single note and the dude burst into flames

that's when you called him an idiot
YYZ
(05-23-2008, 02:28 AM)
even the thread title is Caruso-like :lol
Tamanon
Professional Bastard
(05-23-2008, 02:30 AM)
I will say, judging by how the guitar looks, there's a reason the "l" is obscured.
YYZ
(05-23-2008, 02:31 AM)

Originally Posted by Tamanon

I will say, judging by how the guitar looks, there's a reason the "l" is obscured.

oh you!
joeblackisback
(05-23-2008, 02:35 AM)
congrats, duder. You should have cleaned the guy out, sounds like you probably could have. I love the basketball games, because you can show off w/o really looking like you're showing off and coming across as a huge d-bag.
miyuru
(05-23-2008, 03:06 AM)
I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with this game. So you have to throw a ring into a bottle? Like, a wedding ring into a glass pop bottle or...? I was thinking you have to throw a ring so it catches on a bottle :S
KINGOFNOOBS
Banned
(05-23-2008, 03:12 AM)

Originally Posted by miyuru

I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with this game. So you have to throw a ring into a bottle? Like, a wedding ring into a glass pop bottle or...? I was thinking you have to throw a ring so it catches on a bottle :S

The latter.

Sorta like this

bjork
(05-23-2008, 03:14 AM)

Originally Posted by miyuru

Like, a wedding ring into a glass pop bottle or...?

Man. That would be amazing to see someone do on purpose.
Futureman
(05-23-2008, 03:14 AM)
Nice carpet loser!
bjork
(05-23-2008, 03:17 AM)

Originally Posted by Futureman

Nice carpet loser!

:lol nice
UltraMarioMan
(05-23-2008, 03:18 AM)
I'm not allowed to play ring toss at the nearby Six Flags since 03. Not my fault the game wasn't rigged enough...
KINGOFNOOBS
Banned
(05-23-2008, 03:19 AM)

Originally Posted by Futureman

Nice carpet loser!

Is it nice, really? I think its shit. Whatever you say man. Whatever you say.
j-wood
(05-23-2008, 03:20 AM)
You will become a Rock God with that guitar.

Get ready.
muckhole
(05-23-2008, 03:20 AM)
If it's easy for you to do it, let us know when you're heading back to Six Flags. There are thousands of GAFfers that will be sending you $5.

And then GAF will be the Mightiest Band On The Planet. (Once we find a drummer.)
bill0527
um, I'll be right back
(05-23-2008, 03:21 AM)
This must be the cool thing to do at theme parks this year.

I just went to Holiday World about an hour from where I live last week and they were giving away electric guitars at the ring toss. They didn't have the park logo on them though, they looked like cheap electric guitars, all red, blue, etc.

I spent 20 bucks on buckets of rings and I didn't even come close.
Red Blaster
downloading Angry Birds
(05-23-2008, 03:23 AM)

Wiggum: Uh, I hate to interrupt your fun, boys. But, I got a few complaints that your game is crooked.

Homer: And how!

Wiggum: Gee, I hate to close you down. Maybe we can reach a little uh, understanding here.

Homer: I understand.

Bart: Um, hey dad, I.. I.. think he wants..

Homer: Not now, son. Daddy's talking to a policeman.

Wiggum: Let me put it this way. I'm looking for my friend, Bill. Have you seen any Bills around here?

Homer: No, he's Bart.

Wiggum: Okay now listen carefully, and watch me wink as I speak, okay?

Homer: Okay.

Wiggum: The guy I'm really looking for, wink, is Mr. Bribe, wink, wink.

Homer:........it's a Ring Toss game!
arena08
(05-23-2008, 03:23 AM)
what were the other prizes?
joeblackisback
(05-23-2008, 03:24 AM)
So since there is apparently a strategy involved in winning this game, what is it? I don't play the guitar, but I wouldn't be against learning if it only cost me five bucks.
Raistlin
(05-23-2008, 03:26 AM)

I know this isn't a $400 guitar, but surely it must be decent.

and on two levels ...
KINGOFNOOBS
Banned
(05-23-2008, 03:26 AM)

Originally Posted by joeblackisback

So since there is apparently a strategy involved in winning this game, what is it? I don't play the guitar, but I wouldn't be against learning if it only cost me five bucks.

Put a spin on a the ring (so it doesn't wobble) and aim high (so there is a less chance of collisions). You'll never miss it really.
Tirade
placeholder
(05-23-2008, 03:37 AM)
Use the money you ended up saving to buy a yellow Vespa.

Yeah I got nothing....
RBH
(05-23-2008, 03:42 AM)

Originally Posted by Ninja Scooter

Pelydr
mediocrity at its best
(05-23-2008, 03:43 AM)

Originally Posted by BTRA

That would be a great episode! :lol
dskillzhtown
keep your strippers out of my American football
(05-23-2008, 03:48 AM)

Originally Posted by Verdre

Damn, that was cold, but true.
KINGOFNOOBS
Banned
(05-23-2008, 03:52 AM)

Originally Posted by dskillzhtown

Damn, that was cold, but true.

No, ring toss at Six Flags is outside.
aoi tsuki
(05-23-2008, 03:55 AM)
OP needs to man up and just admit he got owned by some eBayer selling a guitar at a crazy low price.
NYR
(05-23-2008, 03:56 AM)

Before I walk away, I grab another ring then pass him the rest of my rings that were in the bucket (You get about 20 of them). Before I leave, I simply say "Our difference isn't due to one of luck..." I throw the ring and it goes in yet again. "... but rather one of skill, idiot.".

AH SNAP, you cold gangsta, you cold.