• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limbo of the Lost stole from Oblivion, Morrowind, UT2K4, Diablo, Silent Hill, more?

ivysaur12

Banned
It just gets worse :lol :lol :lol

I can't wait for someone to get the game, and we can figure out all of the other games that were ripped!

Crateman

minc said:
If this turns out to not be the most elaborate gaming prank evar and someone successfully gets a hold of this game, PM me here or on my 1UP profile or something. We'd definitely love to get this on Broken Pixels.

This has to be quoted on every page. It could be the best Broken Pixels ever!

1UP crew, please, do it!

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
The adventure site quoted earlier gave the game a somewhat favorable review... I'm wondering if this is a case of guys who love adventure games, have no artists, and figured that the actual backgrounds "weren't important" as the "meat" of the game was the writing and puzzles... it would be odd to have a decent game made entirely by content thieves, or so I'd like to think.

It's bad that I really want to play this now, isn't it?

MMaRsu

Banned
ivysaur12 said:
It just gets worse :lol :lol :lol

I can't wait for someone to get the game, and we can figure out all of the other games that were ripped!

Well I hate to promote piracy but in this case it may be justified :p. There's torrents out there :p.

Alien Bob

taken advantage of my ass
Zenith said:
maybe "in" the 16th century but certainly not in recent times. no one has ever used it in contemporary culture to mean an old woman.

well considering the theme/setting of the game and the awkward cluelessness of the "creators"...

BLU-82 said:
Also look closely in this trailer @ 02:40:
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/28891.html

It's the scene from the spawn movie where Al Simmons goes to hell
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KMYx8lG59A&feature=related
(00:24)

This shit blew my mind.

What in the fuck? What even possesses one to copy some shit like that? Like, when in the development process did someone think of this terrible fucking movie and decide to copy that corny, predictable descent into hell?

They could have at least showed some class and copied something from the HBO animated series!

Baker said:
PD1403578_l.jpg

Oh god.

:lol

Now, those are the guys that made this?
I mean, they look like 3 desperate worn-out losers ready to rob a diner with their heads covered with stockings and a fake water gun.

Look the guy on the right, his hair and glasses. Hey, i'm a videogame maker, i can be sooo glamour now, like Tomonobu Itagaki.

Vorador

Banned
SiegfriedFM said:
Wait... if it was released in February 2006, how can it have backgrounds from Oblivion, released in March 2006?

Because it wasn't released on February 2006, it was on march 2008

Based on Game UK date:

Release Date: 07/03/2008

Ben Sones

SiegfriedFM said:
Wait... if it was released in February 2006, how can it have backgrounds from Oblivion, released in March 2006?

They signed with G2 Games in early 2006. The game wasn't released until July 2007.

Burli

Pringo
I swear even the majestic studios logo of the tiger is blatantly ripped from somewhere else. I feel like I know that picture from somewhere.

Scottlarock said:
they really shoulve set them selfs up as as being a 'date movie' or 'meet the spartans' type of game to get away with this.
By actually ripping parts from the originals it'd be more like MST3K, and they'd still need to get approval.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
So nobody has been able to pay for the game yet huh? I will think its a fake until a gaffer actually gets his hands on it.

Leonsito

I really can't understand why some of you are buying this game, you're just giving money to this assholes that stole work from other guys. If you want to have a laugh torrent this game (sorry for the mention to piracy, but come on ...)

haowan

Timekiller said:
Oh god.

Now, those are the guys that made this?
I mean, they look like 3 desperate worn-out losers ready to rob a diner with their heads covered with stockings and a fake water gun.

Look the guy on the right, his hair and glasses. Hey, i'm a videogame maker, i can be sooo glamour now, like Tomonobu Itagaki.

That is completely and utterly unfair. You don't know what the fuck most game developers look like, clearly, or people in their middle 40s from Kent for that matter.

I'm choosing to believe that it's a giant parody game. Kind of like those shitty films like "Epic Movie" or "Superhero Movie". This is "Epic Game". :lol

Twig

Banned
Leonsito said:
I really can't understand why some of you are buying this game, you're just giving money to this assholes that stole work from other guys. If you want to have a laugh torrent this game (sorry for the mention to piracy, but come on ...)
They're going to lose all that money soon enough.

Torquill

I may be shunned forever for admitting this, but I did like the bit where he taps the glass and asks if anyone is out there. The voice delivery isn't too bad, and even the animation was half-decent for that one tiny bit.

Torquill said:
I may be shunned forever for admitting this, but I did like the bit where he taps the glass and asks if anyone is out there. The voice delivery isn't too bad, and even the animation was half-decent for that one tiny bit.

For how shitty I was expecting that trailer to be, I was actualy surprised it had some redeeming elements. Sure everything about it was bad, but the premise was at the very least not AS bad as the rest of it.

Mash

Torquill said:

I may be wrong but I'm fairly sure Simon the Sorcerer 1 or 2 did something similar if not the same, haven't played them in a long time though. Even still, I wouldn't hold that against them, it would only be an influence from something in the same genre, like all developers would admit to.

Skeyser

Vorador said:
Based on Game UK date:

Release Date: 07/03/2008

Gamespot said:
So far, the publisher's attempts to reach the developer have not been successful, given that the team has apparently been on vacation after completing development on Limbo

So they've been on "vacations" for well over 3 months now? Hummm

Xabora

Torquill said:
Some CD-i games did that.

Stealth

Getting this, NPDs, and MGS4 all in one week is the single greatest trio of shit to happen to me in a long time. Epic!

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
wow wow wow
seriously GAF you think this shit is real?
FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE!
i bet none of you will ever get to play this shit :lol

railGUN

Banned
Jinfash said:
wow wow wow

wow wow wow

have you read the thread thread thread thread thread?

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Burli said:
I swear even the majestic studios logo of the tiger is blatantly ripped from somewhere else. I feel like I know that picture from somewhere.

I get the exact same feeling. I'm leaning a lot towards it being a graphic from an Amiga paint program. Either the bootup screen or one of the "stock art" pieces to show off the capabilities of the software. Not Deluxe Paint, but one of the other ones... one of the HAM mode supporting ones...

One of the DigiPaint versions, perhaps?

Unison

godhandiscen said:
So nobody has been able to pay for the game yet huh? I will think its a fake until a gaffer actually gets his hands on it.

I ordered a new copy off Amazon.com from some random seller... Here's to hoping it comes...

Wonderdog

Jinfash said:
wow wow wow

Interesting stance, considering my copy shipped out this morning.

neight

Banned
godhandiscen said:
Jinfash said:
wow wow wow
Yea sure ignore all logical evidence from the legit publisher to the British newspaper article on them to the game being sold on online retail outlets. And there's even a scene rip of the game out there on the filesharing networks.

Haunted

Chris Remo said:
Check out these awesome review quotes:

"It's like Oblivion meets Morrowind meets Diablo II meets Painkiller meets Unreal Tournament 2003 meets Enclave meets Unreal Tournament 2004 meets Black & White meets Thief: Deadly Shadows meets Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines meets Return to Castle Wolfenstein meets World of Warcraft."

"There's still some placeholder art but we're sure the developer will have that squared away by release."

Top Bottom