• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limbo of the Lost stole from Oblivion, Morrowind, UT2K4, Diablo, Silent Hill, more?

firex

well, Oblivion was practically generated entirely by middleware. Perhaps this game simply hit the "prefab dull stereotypical fantasy world" button as well.

haowan said:
Yes, you're right; I take it back. I expect they used one of those apps that grabs whatever data DirectX is rendering.

Oblivion PC ships with the tools used to create the game, which allows for all kinds of customizablity. They probably just used the same toolset! Cut and paste baby! :lol

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
jarosh said:
how could they possibly think they'd get away with this. how!

I'm pretty sure their line of thinking was :

Check out this Oblivion game, it's got tons of content. Tons of good looking content... with lots of random castle halls... and hey wait a second! I bet no one would even realize it if we just took screengrabs of some of these halls!

And, seriously, if you were playing through this game, would you have really noticed? It's not like they took any of the memorable locations from the game...

FlyinJ said:
I'm pretty sure their line of thinking was :

Check out this Oblivion game, it's got tons of content. Tons of good looking content... with lots of random castle halls... and hey wait a second! I bet no one would even realize it if we just took screengrabs of some of these halls!

And, seriously, if you were playing through this game, would you have really noticed? It's not like they took any of the memorable locations from the game...

I think anyone who's played Oblivion would notice, particularly that Imperial City shop.

Eccocid

i know how they gonna get around!
they will just say "We used the Construction Set that came with Oblivion and created a MOD for it! We dont plan to sell it, it will be freeware"

Then they cant sue them :p

FirewalkR

It's surely a Kingdom Hearts affair, only instead of using characters from other games it uses the environments. It's a hommage.

duckroll

This shit is so embarassing and obvious it'll never even go to trial. Majestic will probably agree to pay Bethesda undisclosed damages, and withdraw the game from market.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
GhaleonEB said:
Wow, they stole assets from two different games and put them together.

Balls, they have. No brains, though. :lol

Someone find where those awesome signs came from next!

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
duckroll said:
This shit is so embarassing and obvious it'll never even go to trial. Majestic will probably agree to pay Bethesda undisclosed damages, and withdraw the game from market.
I hope that happens, I know there have been many games that have been "inspired" by others but this is taking the biscuit, what I love is how even though the stole these assets down to the last detail, their rendering path is so poor it manages to make them look a generation worse.

Have at them Bethesda, heh.
GarthVaderUK said:
You can buy it right now from GAME here in the UK:
http://www.game.co.uk/PC/PointandClick/~r330135/Limbo-of-the-Lost/

I'd be tempted if it was a bit cheaper! :lol
Oh god, I'm half tempted to get this if only to see what other games these muppets had ripped off, honestly who thought that they could get away with asset theft? :lol

Darklord

Banned
DESTINY - "Then for the 7th and final time...........Let battle commence!"

FATE - "And for the last time I look forward to your failures. Let it begin!"

DESTINY - "Behold Brother!.............. It already has.............."

Fucking epic.

Xabora

Bobby1234SI said:
slayersjillownedus0.gif

calder

No one who has played Oblivion - and that's a LOT of ppl - could possibly look at the LotL screens and not immediately see the similarities. Well, "similarities" is almost the wrong word, they are nearly identical. :lol

Pimpbaa

How can people who have the intelligence to put together a "game" be so fucking stupid? It boggles the mind.

Evenball

Jack Flack always escapes!
Bethesda: "We want the royalties to all 3 copies you've sold so far."

Wow this game looks like crap. Unfortunatly the modern day adventure genre is full of these. I have one like it at home based on Hitchcock movies called The Final Cut and it's a buggy crapterpiece.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
LMAO Guys.

They even took the Good god hand from Black & White 2

0002432.jpg

blackwhite2.jpg

Different pose, but given how much they've stolen already, it's probably the same hand :)

Top Bottom