• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EGM August 2008 Reviews and Rumors

Not sure what to make of the rumours.
Next Issue Cover Story: Bayonetta
Previews: Mightnight Club: Los Angeles, Skate 2
Sounds like a great issue.
Oni Jazar said:
Sept cover will be InFamous right? :lol
Can you blame them? They got robbed. When Edge had Naughty Dog as their next month page, and then mysteriously GameInformer got the World exclusive Edge didn't cover it for months.

Goldrusher

BenjaminBirdie said:
A Niko-Less DLC? That's a megaton.

Not really.

Firstly, it doesn't say you will play as the biker. It will star a biker...could be someone Niko meets.
Secondly, even if it does give you control over the biker, that's what I (and others) have said a long time ago. Forget about new cities or even new islands, a new story with perhaps a new playable character is what you're gonna get.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Clinton514 said:
I know I should have wrote some of the rest but I got lazy :(

"
The Good: Classic RPG, more polished than the FFIII remake.
The Bad: 3D style feels pokier than the 2D original, ultimately superfluous.
Farewell, My Easytype: Hope you like your RPGs challenging!
"

The bad: Pretty ruthless controls

It's a sim, fuck the weaksauce gamers. I'm good. Can't wait till next week.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Why is there such asynchronity when it comes to magazines and their dates? August? It's only June!

I know before that mags were always labelled one month after they came out, but this is getting a little ridiculous. Pretty soon we're gonna be reading magazines one year before their labelled dates. :lol

Aeana

Himuro said:
What do they mean "Farewell my easy type"?

There's only been one easy type FFIV released here, and that version sucks.

FF4 DS is a lot harder than any other version, which is probably what he means. Enemy attacks and boss patterns are changed up entirely.

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
-God of Soul. Kratos to be revealed as next Soulcalibur IV(PS3) character.

MY GOD YES. There is no one more fitting to be cameo'd in Soul Calibur than Kratos.

Goldrusher said:
Not really.

Firstly, it doesn't say you will play as the biker. It will star a biker...could be someone Niko meets.
Secondly, even if it does give you control over the biker, that's what I (and others) have said a long time ago. Forget about new cities or even new islands, a new story with perhaps a new playable character is what you're gonna get.

I didn't mean it confirmed any of those things. I meant without a tether to the most appealing thing about the game, the DLC will be less appealing.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Kydd BlaZe said:
If that Kratos rumor is true, Soul Calibur IV might actually be the first multiplatform game I pick up for the PS3.

Yeah, Kratos could push me to the PS3 version...unless the 360 version gets Ryu Hayabusa in return.

Blader

Wasn't Michael Hollick kind of pissed that he wasn't paid all that much for the shitload of work he did? Could explain why Niko wouldn't be front-and-center in the DLC.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Clinton514 said:
The Good: Classic RPG, more polished than the FFIII remake.
The Bad: 3D style feels pokier than the 2D original, ultimately superfluous.
Farewell, My Easytype: Hope you like your RPGs challenging!

Who reviewed this? So I can call them a fucking pussy.

Clinton514 said:
I did a search, couldn't find it so here it is:
Quartermann(rumors) says:
-God of Soul. Kratos to be revealed as next Soulcalibur IV(PS3) character. -What!?!?
- MS is apparently allowing third-party manufacturers to make 360 compatible hardware. - About time.
-Q Entertainment seems to be working on a game for the PSN. -Sweetness
-New music visualizer to hit the PSN later this year - cool and I hope its free.

Reviews:
Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo's Dungeon(Wii) - B+ -Awesome score, day one.
Haze(PS3) - D+ - lolhaze
Metal Gear Solid(PS3) 4 - A-, A-, A - Blastphemy!
Final Fantasy IV(DS) - B - hmmm, lower than I expected.

Ryu would be the obvious choice for a 360 exclusive SC4 character since he is associated with the xbox platform and is the only character i can think of right now that uses weapons.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
MattKeil said:
Yeah, Kratos could push me to the PS3 version...unless the 360 version gets Ryu Hayabusa in return.

With as much shit as Itagaki talks about Tekken, Namco's other fighter? It'd be a cold day in hell before Ryu is ever in a Namco game.

Clinton514

Rapping Granny said:
needs more killzone info.

"The Arc Cannon, a huge beam that harnesses the power of Helghan's apocolyptic thunderstoms. We hear there are more weather weapons too..."

"Since all the screens here hail from one level, don't expect the entire game to look so ... bleak. Some levels will highlight the "natural beauty" of Helghan "

Four-and-a-half of the six cores of the PS3’s Cell chip are being used by Killzone 2 at the moment.

Guerrilla Games’ Technical Directer, Michiel van der Leeuw: “Sony basically has an international forum for sharing character technology, animation tools and graphics shaders. ~ We’ve even taken a few tricks directly from the Resistance guys at Insomniac, and we’ve even been talking directly to the God of War guys in Santa Monica.”

There's more to these character profiles:
Templar is now a Colonel and commands a Cruiser called New Sun. There's also a small profile for each member of the Legion.

Cpl. Dante Garza (sharpshooter/technician)
Master Sgt. Rico Velasquez (he's also been promoted)
Sgt. Tomas Sevchenko (Sev)
Cpl. Shawn Natko (heavy duty/explosives man)

They won't talk about multiplayer, so we might have to wait until E3.

Cardon

Blader5489 said:
Wasn't Michael Hollick kind of pissed that he wasn't paid all that much for the shitload of work he did? Could explain why Niko wouldn't be front-and-center in the DLC.

Thats what I was thinking as well. Especially after Dan Houser said that they had no problem not using Tommy Vercetti again after Ray Liotta wanted more money after doing Vice City.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
God of War 3 confirmed to look ridikalis

edit: very awesome cover, milky rox at that

Xater

flipping_heck said:
Kratos for SCIV.. nice.. but the game is so close to release right now so why the rumour?

Maybe it will be shown together with the GOW3 annoncement at E3? Kinda makes sense to me.

If there's going to be a new music visualizer, I would hope it'd just be incorporated into the music player like that new Earth visualizer was a while ago. If it's more interactive than that (turns out to be something like Audiosurf) then that's a different matter.

Top Bottom