• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker(R&D on a Prototype since FF7)

Did they even hint at who is going to publish this game? Or is he just gonna stand on a street corner offering USB sticks with the game on it.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
If they are even considering new platforms.. I'm ok with PS360 dual platform. Nothing against Wii/DS/PSP/iPhone except for my love of full HD home theater experience RPGs.

It is my belief that this big project is going to be for a *new* platform not released yet, or at least details not announced yet. That would explain why he hasn't been able to announce the game yet, though he wants to and it has a name and everything.

If, for example, it's for "Wii HD", he can't officially announce it until the "Wii HD" is announced. He said he may be able to announce the game in the spring, that's when GDC is, and Nintendo for one likes to announce things there (and I'm sure Nintendo would love to have a high profile RPG as a launch title for a new console). Of course, it could also be some other system - Natal would fit, as Microsoft hasn't really been forthcoming about many details yet, they are waiting to make a big splash all at once. They've announced a bunch of developers "pledging support" for Natal, but not actually listed games.

Dreamwriter said:
It is my belief that this big project is going to be for a *new* platform not released yet, or at least details not announced yet. That would explain why he hasn't been able to announce the game yet, though he wants to and it has a name and everything.

If, for example, it's for "Wii HD", he can't officially announce it until the "Wii HD" is announced. He said he may be able to announce the game in the spring, that's when GDC is, and Nintendo for one likes to announce things there (and I'm sure Nintendo would love to have a high profile RPG as a launch title for a new console). Of course, it could also be some other system - Natal would fit, as Microsoft hasn't really been forthcoming about many details yet, they are waiting to make a big splash all at once. They've announced a bunch of developers "pledging support" for Natal, but not actually listed games.

Or, maybe, development is just behind schedule and they need more time...

Quazar

The First Work Day
While kicking alcohol out for the first surfing day... 

January 2nd.
Sakaguchi said:
I went to the first surfing of the New Year. The swell onshore was very moderate. It felt really good. Or should I say it felt like I was detoxing with the power of the ocean from the alcohol and the fat I consumed during the holiday season.
I saw the same turtle popped her head out to the surface for me.
I whispered “Happy New Year" to her; I wonder if she heard me..?

Today is what we call, “the first work day of the New Year”.
I still have unsettled adjustment on the last dungeon dialogue and the directions of the ending scene. I didn’t think I had that much adjustments, however this being the last dungeon, my requests has become slightly excessive. I will email you guys by tomorrow. I’m sorry guys, I may have many requests (^^;

To the right, it is an idiotic picture of me over the year crossing.
I released my stress out so much that I have gone back to work on the 2nd, and I’m calmly progressing quite well.
(Really, I’m not lying (^^;)

HNY2.jpg

Rad-

Wow that sounds like it's not that far away actually. Next fall perhaps? Damn you Guchi if it's not a HD title.

Quazar

Sakaguchi said:
This is the black version of the Lego robot.
I was waiting in order to take a photo with the morning glow since I haven’t done in a while, but the sky was cloudy. Unfortunately the light never showed. So instead, I took a photo of the view from on top of my desk. The picture looked totally different from what I wanted. But I was pleased with the result of my photo and how beautiful the way the green light of my router is blurred in a background...

The number of accesses to this site has jumped, since various sites have linked to us after I posted my New Years greeting, update on the new project and a little bit about the development for iPhone. I'm very thankful. But now, I have a little tension toward writing updates here. It's kind of a strange feeling.

My eyes are hurting looking at the screen... Maybe they are just tired.
I hit on a good idea for not working today.
Oh that's right, maybe I can try the FF13 game Kitase gave me. I'm also interested in playing Zelda for DS or the game software for Avatar I bought for research purposes and it's still unopened… But wait. Then my eyes are going to get even more tired… (^^;

DSC_8395.JPG

bloke

Someone on 2ch found AQ Interactive job ad from last year which mentions how Feel+ will be working on another big RPG for MS in the future...so probably not the one Sakaguchi is working now...

(3)フィールプラス(六本木)…Xbox360向け大型 RPG『LOST ODYSSEY』を手がけたゲーム開発スタジオです。開発期間約2年半かかる超大型RPGに全社で取り組むというスタイルです。同社代表はプログラマー出身。現場への理解が非常に強い方です。同社はまさに変革期。今後もMicrosoft向け超大型RPGに取り組んでいきます。
※2009年6~8月にかけ拠点統合、10月より各社全て品川シーサイド勤務となります。
http://doda.jp/Front/JobSearch/View/JobSearchDetail.aspx?jid=3000189493&fm=list

wrowa

Instead of working he spends the morning waiting for the "morning glow"? Sakaguchi is just so awesome :lol

wsippel

Banned
Does anyone remember when this picture was uploaded on Mistwalkers website?

DSC_0066.JPG

A few things I've noticed: First of all, the blue box with the two red LEDs right next to the monitor is an IS Nitro Capture device, part of a DS devkit. And therefore not all that surprising. The left half of the image is more interesting: There's obviously a sensor bar on the TV, and the white cable visible on the desk should be a Wiimote. Even more interesting is the black thing on the desk. It's partially hidden behind the chair, so I can't tell for sure, but it definitely reminds me of a Wii NDEV (the actual Wii devkit, not the green debug unit we've seen on one of the other photos).

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
He says he got the Avatar game for research purpose. I'm guessing his game is really involving a lot of vegetation. Wasn't that what the game was supposed to be about? Humans going back to Earth after having left it for a long time, and nature had taken over? I forget where I read this.

Edit: Or maybe it's for that game of which we saw some art, with all the monsters and the vegetation.

duckroll

Ether_Snake said:
He says he got the Avatar game for research purpose. I'm guessing his game is really involving a lot of vegetation. Wasn't that what the game was supposed to be about? Humans going back to Earth after having left it for a long time, and nature had taken over? I forget where I read this.

Edit: Or maybe it's for that game of which we saw some art, with all the monsters and the vegetation.

I dunno, I think the more logical explanation is that he wants to just keep up with new tech in games, and Avatar supports several types of 3D display modes.

Naughtboy

Banned
I really hope it's a not a DS or Wii game, i can't stand both of those devices (and yes i own them both, actually two DS and 1 Wii) But i want his next game to be on a true HD console, preferably the 360.

I remember him saying somewhere that, Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon were his paying tribute to the older games, but this new game hes working on will differentiate itself from those games in terms of their tech and will try to accomplish something completely brand new.

I would love his next game to truly push the envelope. Blue Dragon is still one of the most beautiful games this generation, i would love for Artoon to do a true sequel or to even use that engine to create another game

wsippel

Banned
Here's a clear photo of an NDEV for reference:

29yqoo0.jpg

It's obviously hard to tell, but the white memory card slot cover seems to line up, and there are small bumps visible on the top of the case where the screws are on an actual NDEV.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
It's normal that they would have dev kits for every system in the studio.

wsippel

Banned
Ether_Snake said:
Is it? The debug unit wasn't all that surprising, but an actual devkit? And it's all set up and sitting on the table. And the even more important question in that case is: where's the 360 devkit? Or the controller? All I see is a sensor bar, a Wiimote, and something that looks like a Wii devkit...

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Ether_Snake said:
Yeah, though it was suspicious that one time they went out of their way to photoshop out the Wii debug unit from a picture.

Peff

grandjedi6 said:
Yeah, though it was suspicious that one time they went out of their way to photoshop out the Wii debug unit from a picture.

Aren't companies forced to not show dev units in public by contract though? I'm not sure if it applies to debug units but I think I read that somewhere.

grandjedi6

Peff said:
Aren't companies forced to not show dev units in public by contract though? I'm not sure if it applies to debug units but I think I read that somewhere.
Now that's definitely a possibility. I can see Nintendo being anal enough to force Mistwalker to remove the unit from the picture, even if they weren't working on a game at all.

Teknoman

Hey if Monster Hunter Tri and FFCC: The Crystal Bearers can look that good, a Wii title should be no problem at all in the graphics department.

zwxlya.jpg

monster-hunter-tri-20091119014227725_640w.jpg

However, I do hope its another traditional style turn based RPG with a spin on the battle system and a real overworld/ Uematsu soundtrack.

VegaShinra said:
Blue Dragon has two games on the DS.

Yeah, but Rare's made a few games for DS/GBA including MS properties like Banjo & Viva Pinata. It's never really been made clear who owns what, but I'd guess that MS at least have 'right of refusal' to more BD games.

Peff

VegaShinra said:
Blue Dragon has two games on the DS.

So does Viva Piñata (well, only one, but the point is that MS doesn't mind their IP's being on the DS since it takes away from Sony but not from them).

grandjedi6

APZonerunner said:
It's never really been made clear who owns what, but I'd guess that MS at least have 'right of refusal' to more BD games.
Nay, its made pretty clear. Even the DS Blue Dragon games will have a copyright notice for Microsoft on them. And of course here's the actual copyright listings:

http://cocatalog.loc.gov/cgi-bin/Pw...t4fpUc18KYuARR9QsIKU&SEQ=20100110150605&SID=1
http://cocatalog.loc.gov/cgi-bin/Pw...LWXIDD3V2mUh&SEQ=20100110150646&CNT=25&HIST=1

It's Microsoft's IP alright.

Shiggy

Bel Marduk said:
I guess it's obvious his next game will be a Wii game now? :lol I think meltdowns will ensue.

As it's still not announced we should expect Nintendo to be the publisher then.

Shiggy said:
As it's still not announced we should expect Nintendo to be the publisher then.

That's what I'm thinking. Just hope Nintendo gives it a marketing push...

Given Sakaguchi's comments the game should be impressive looking.

Bel Marduk said:
That's what I'm thinking. Just hope Nintendo gives it a marketing push...

Given Sakaguchi's comments the game should be impressive looking.

Having the creator of Final Fantasy back creating an original IP that would be set to be THE RPG when it comes to Nintendo? I really, really don't think Nintendo would screw something that big up. It would be a monumental thing, in my eyes bigger than even having FFXV on the Wii.

grandjedi6

-WindYoshi- said:
Having the creator of Final Fantasy back creating an original IP that would be set to be THE RPG when it comes to Nintendo? I really, really don't think Nintendo would screw something that big up. It would be a monumental thing, in my eyes bigger than even having FFXV on the Wii.
ASH_-_Archaic_Sealed_Heat_Coverart.png

Top Bottom