• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kororinpa 2 Thread of Spelling Eror

DSc

korolq6.jpg

It's coming...

koro2003bmpjpgcopyra8.jpg

Neigbor?

19 more screens here!
Trailer here!

Jucksalbe

Banned
Great. :)

Loved the first one, even though it was a bit short. Hopefully this one has a bit more content. A level editor seems to be a good step forward.

Gagaman

Ah, neat. This one had better be longer than the first though, which was about the length of the average Wiiware game now.

*watches trailer*

Ah, now a stage creator and the ability to have your Mii rolling about in a ball? That's ace.

OnPoint

All they need is more stages and I'm in. I hope they don't get overly ambitious like Super Monkey Ball 2 was compared to the original Super Monkey Ball and change small things that altered the overall package.

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes! I loved the first game! I can't wait for this to come out!

Oh man and a level editor! That means the game won't end so quickly! Hopefully there will be a place to download custom levels.

Model 500

WOW!

This is fantastic news, what's that talk about level editor, would be amazing, especially with online sharing.

Day 1.

OnPoint

Model 500 said:
WOW!

This is fantastic news, what's that talk about level editor, would be amazing.

Day 1.

Model 500 said:
WOW!

fantastic news, talk about level editor, amazing.

Model 500 said:
WOW!

fantastic, level editor, amazing

There, the important words in that post have been pulled out. I'm with you Model, I'm with you.

dock

- 4 player mode
- Level Editor (I wonder whether you can trade levels?)
- Design your own ball (?!)
- Use your Mii as a ball!

(not sure why they've stuck a storyline about an ant though... I guess for Katamari/Monkey Ball style appeal?)

dallow_bg

nods at old men
The first one is rare in America. Low print, I never see them "new" anymore.
Even hard to find used copies in stores.

OnPoint

Model 500 said:
Bombzaal, On Point, BOMZAAL!

I shall pretend to know what that means and imagine it to be a good thing haha

I wonder what kind of special marbles they'll have in this one. One of my favorite parts of the original was the different attributes each ball had. My friends and I spent hours trying to bounce the basketball clear across levels.

yeb

OnPoint said:
All they need is more stages and I'm in. I hope they don't get overly ambitious like Super Monkey Ball 2 was compared to the original Super Monkey Ball and change small things that altered the overall package.
This * 1000

The SMB series started awesome, but just kept relying more and more on stupid gimmicks as the series went on. The first Kororinpa was great though, and the new features sound promising.

herod

the first one came along in the middle of a post-launch drought.

I remember it quite well, it wasn't bad, but it wasn't good. The genre has since been done to death on the Wii. I suppose the editor might provide an additional 15 minutes of fun.

herod said:
the first one came along in the middle of a post-launch drought.

I remember it quite well, it wasn't bad, but it wasn't good. The genre has since been done to death on the Wii. I suppose the editor might provide an additional 15 minutes of fun.

:lol

SMB:BB, Kororinpa and Mercury Meltdown... any others?

herod

I mostly meant as minigames in many of the shovelware titles, I'd even forgotten mercury, which is of course superior anyway.

Glad you find my opinion funny, even though I wasn't joking. I can't get excited about more of the same personally, especially when the original wasn't really that amazing to begin with.

herod said:
I mostly meant as minigames in many of the shovelware titles, I'd even forgotten mercury, which is of course superior anyway.

Glad you find my opinion funny, even though I wasn't joking. I can't get excited about more of the same personally, especially when the original wasn't really that amazing to begin with.

I don't find your opinion funny, I just find the assertion that the genre has been done to death amusing - I'd feel the same about you suggesting that, say, FPS games were overexposed on the system.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
fuck yeah!

the original had all the makings of a fantastic game and just needed to be fleshed out a bit (more levels, more features, more variety)! hopefully they'll price it sensibly (39.99 on the high end, 29.99 or 19.99 would be a good move) so it doesn't get its ass kicked in the marketplace.

herod

I suppose, if you could compare genres like that, or believed that this genre can really become a popular staple, and that suggesting I'd say something about a completely different genre isn't just a strawman, but we're probably going offtopic now.

Ranger X

WOW.

My favorite Wii game that isn't Galaxy is back!

Map editor? multiplayer? All the single player goodness is back?

MEGA MULTI SOLD. FREAKING DAY ONE.

Oh and if you didn't buy Kororinpa yet you're not a gamer.

OnPoint

Stumpokapow said:
fuck yeah!

the original had all the makings of a fantastic game and just needed to be fleshed out a bit (more levels, more features, more variety)! hopefully they'll price it sensibly (39.99 on the high end, 29.99 or 19.99 would be a good move) so it doesn't get its ass kicked in the marketplace.

I believe that was the failing of the original title, and one of the main reasons it only had such a limited run. $40 was way too high a price for it. Like you, I say go for $30 or $20 and hope high sales will recoup the cost. Shouldn't be too much cost at this point anyhow, if they simply use the same engine.

zOMG Wii's Little Big Planet!
Stumpokapow said:
the original had all the makings of a fantastic game and just needed to be fleshed out a bit (more levels, more features, more variety)!
I honestly think they did everything that was worth doing with the original.

I thought neighbor was the American way of spelling neighbour.

Just like organize and organise?

Anyway, Kororinpa
is an awesome game and
has an awesome level editor.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Well THIS is a nice surprise. Level editor has got to be good, as long as you can trade your level data online, or if they did a SSBB-style "new stage every day" kind of thing.

Top Bottom