• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

duckroll
mashadar's Nekomimi slave
(09-15-2008, 10:42 PM)
duckroll's Avatar
http://www.monolithsoft.co.jp/job.html

A few days ago they added new available job postings, and state that they're urgently seeking a web designer to maintain and plan their homepage. Could this mean that they're planning to revamp it soon with actual content? This has been the most productive year for Monolithsoft ever, and the first productive year since Nintendo bought them over - by the end of this month Monolithsoft will have released 3 titles in Japan this year, meaning that every game previously announced will have been released. Time for major announcements maybe? :D
Cow Mengde
Junior Member
(09-15-2008, 10:44 PM)
Cow Mengde's Avatar
Disaster: Day of Crisis 2
Threi
notag
(09-15-2008, 10:44 PM)
Threi's Avatar

Originally Posted by Cow Mengde

DIZASTA 2

.
Jethro
Member
(09-15-2008, 10:46 PM)
Jethro's Avatar
I want Baten Kaitos 3.

Let it be.
Scrubking
Member
(09-15-2008, 10:46 PM)

Originally Posted by Cow Mengde

Disaster: Day of Crisis 2

Disastaaaaahh
vanguardian1
poor, homeless and tasteless
(09-15-2008, 10:46 PM)
Well, if they're not happy (although I hope they are), then I guess their next title would be called :

Wii Quit
Sadist
Member
(09-15-2008, 10:48 PM)
Sadist's Avatar
Come on epic rpg by Monolith...

Who owns the Baten Kaitos IP right now though?
Death_Born
Banned
(09-15-2008, 10:48 PM)
[IMG]http://i33.************/65280p.jpg[/IMG]

BERIEVE!
duckroll
mashadar's Nekomimi slave
(09-15-2008, 10:49 PM)
duckroll's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sadist

Come on epic rpg by Monolith...

Who owns the Baten Kaitos IP right now though?

Xenosaga and Baten Kaitos are both Namco Bandai IPs. But SRW OG Saga was published by Namco Bandai too, so it's not like Monolithsoft is unable to continue working with them, even under Nintendo now. I'm sure it limits the systems they can support though.
Jaded Alyx
(09-15-2008, 10:49 PM)
Jaded Alyx's Avatar

Originally Posted by vanguardian1

Well, if they're not happy (although I hope they are), then I guess their next title would be called :

Wii Quit

How long have you been waiting to use that joke? :p
TunaLover
Member
(09-15-2008, 10:51 PM)
TunaLover's Avatar
I doubt they will release more news on developments, if any they could build hype for Disastu. I want Baten Kaitos 3 news :(
Sadist
Member
(09-15-2008, 10:56 PM)
Sadist's Avatar
Ah, thanks duckroll.

Man, I still wish they brought Origins to Europe. I'd buy a Wii port.
dermannmitdemcolt
Member
(09-15-2008, 10:58 PM)
Well, we know that Soraya Saga is working on something new. Has to be the next Takahashi game. :D
Lionheart1827
Lionheart: 1827
Cancer: 0
(09-15-2008, 10:58 PM)
Lionheart1827's Avatar
There needs to be a Baten Kaitos 3 please. :D
Regulus Tera
Romanes Eunt Domus
(09-15-2008, 10:58 PM)
Regulus Tera's Avatar
MATSUNOOOOOO

Believe.
Jethro
Member
(09-15-2008, 11:00 PM)
Jethro's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sadist


Man, I still wish they brought Origins to Europe. I'd buy a Wii port.

I am glad that I could play this pearl. Thanks Freeloader.
TunaLover
Member
(09-15-2008, 11:04 PM)
TunaLover's Avatar

Originally Posted by Regulus Tera

MATSUNOOOOOO

Believe.

Monolithsoft X SquareEnix = revamped Cristal Bearers
Regulus Tera
Romanes Eunt Domus
(09-15-2008, 11:11 PM)
Regulus Tera's Avatar

Originally Posted by TunaLover

Monolithsoft X SquareEnix = revamped Cristal Bearers

I thought Matsuno was no longer with Square-Enix.
wsippel
(09-15-2008, 11:52 PM)

Originally Posted by Regulus Tera

I thought Matsuno was no longer with Square-Enix.

And he isn't.
schuelma
Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
(09-15-2008, 11:56 PM)
schuelma's Avatar
Wonder if Nintendo is having another October conference like last year...
ivysaur12
a real-life Hollywood big shot
(09-16-2008, 12:08 AM)
ivysaur12's Avatar

Originally Posted by Death_Born

[IMG]http://i33.************/65280p.jpg[/IMG]

BERIEVE!

;_;
Case
Member
(09-16-2008, 12:15 AM)
Case's Avatar
While I loved BKO, im not sure I would want a BK3. Aside from the dark brethren there isnt really anything left to do a story on in that world. If they try a BK3 the story would be completely pulled out of their ass :/
The battle system with the Wiimote would be cool though
Shadow780
Member
(09-16-2008, 12:18 AM)
Shadow780's Avatar
Hmm...I would like a sequel of Namco X Capcom. Very fun game.

Zerodoppler
Member
(09-16-2008, 12:21 AM)
Soma Bringer 2, please.
mutsu
Member
(09-16-2008, 12:26 AM)
mutsu's Avatar
Baten Kaitos DS please. Thank you very much.
jj984jj
He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
(09-16-2008, 12:33 AM)
jj984jj's Avatar
Hopefully they finally show us what Yasuyuki Honne is up to.
dragonlife
Member
(09-16-2008, 12:39 AM)
dragonlife's Avatar
Anything Baten Kaitos. PLEASE!!! D:
Andrex
ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
(09-16-2008, 01:08 AM)

Originally Posted by schuelma

Wonder if Nintendo is having another October conference like last year...

Some guy here said they were during E3.
RaidenZR
Member
(09-16-2008, 01:31 AM)
RaidenZR's Avatar
Matsuno is definitely still there, right?

If so, whatever he's doing has me interested.
jj984jj
He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
(09-16-2008, 01:33 AM)
jj984jj's Avatar

Originally Posted by RaidenZR

Matsuno is definitely still there, right?

If so, whatever he's doing has me interested.

Matsuno was never confirmed to be at Monolith Soft, that was all rumors and speculation.
RaidenZR
Member
(09-16-2008, 01:39 AM)
RaidenZR's Avatar

Originally Posted by jj984jj

Matsuno was never confirmed to be at Monolith Soft, that was all rumors and speculation.

Didn't he appear in some developer-quoting Wii trailer with the company name under his own?
wsippel
(09-16-2008, 01:43 AM)

Originally Posted by RaidenZR

Matsuno is definitely still there, right?

If so, whatever he's doing has me interested.

We have absolutely no idea where Matsuno is. When Nintendo quoted him in 2006, they didn't mention a studio. And I believe we haven't heard or seen anything since.
RaidenZR
Member
(09-16-2008, 01:47 AM)
RaidenZR's Avatar

Originally Posted by wsippel

We have absolutely no idea where Matsuno is. When Nintendo quoted him in 2006, they didn't mention a studio. And I believe we haven't heard or seen anything since.

Ah, crud. Well I hope he's still doing something significant somehwere. Was a damn shame that Square Enix gave him the boot after he gave them so many good products.
ccbfan
Member
(09-16-2008, 03:24 AM)
I think at this point pretty much all Matsuno rumors have been some what proven wrong by time.

I mean no matter what he was working on (if he was working on anything), there would have been some type of news about it by now. This guy has pretty much fell off the face of the earth. FFXII really did a number on him.
vanguardian1
poor, homeless and tasteless
(09-16-2008, 07:26 AM)

Originally Posted by Jaded Alyx

How long have you been waiting to use that joke? :p

Believe it or not, it I just thought of it when I saw the comments about not knowing their next game. Believe me, I want to see something good from them and Nintendo, more in the traditional sense. :)



!!!

Please tell me this was released stateside!! ;__;
B.K.
Member
(09-16-2008, 07:33 AM)
B.K.'s Avatar
It's about time they updated. They haven't done a real update since they put up their new site.
dragonlife
Member
(09-16-2008, 07:35 AM)
dragonlife's Avatar

Originally Posted by vanguardian1

Believe it or not, it I just thought of it when I saw the comments about not knowing their next game. Believe me, I want to see something good from them and Nintendo, more in the traditional sense. :)



!!!

Please tell me this was released stateside!! ;__;

Nope.

We'll never get it due to licensing issues.
Black-Wind
(09-16-2008, 07:37 AM)
Black-Wind's Avatar

Originally Posted by ccbfan

I think at this point pretty much all Matsuno rumors have been some what proven wrong by time.

I mean no matter what he was working on (if he was working on anything), there would have been some type of news about it by now. This guy has pretty much fell off the face of the earth. FFXII really did a number on him.

The bolded is actual a supporting point for him working at Nintendo. Cause Nintendo wont tell you shit about what he or any one is doing till it is revealed . . . and just look at how many games they have revealed to be coming in 09. . .
(Didn't he confirm himself to be "working on the Wii"? )

The best rumor I heard about him (from a rumor reporter guy who actually got some interesting stuff correct before he passed away) came about before Nintendo took on their new gameplan (and before D Day was delayed) which would explain the "rumor" being spun around on it's head.
dermannmitdemcolt
Member
(09-16-2008, 09:57 AM)

Originally Posted by Black-Wind

(Didn't he confirm himself to be "working on the Wii"? )

I think Sakimoto confirmed working on a new game with Matsuno.
Boerseun
Banned
(09-16-2008, 04:32 PM)

Originally Posted by duckroll

Xenosaga and Baten Kaitos are both Namco Bandai IPs. But SRW OG Saga was published by Namco Bandai too, so it's not like Monolithsoft is unable to continue working with them, even under Nintendo now. I'm sure it limits the systems they can support though.

While Namco retained a small shareholding in Monolith when they sold the majority to Nintendo, it was Nintendo which published Baten Kaitos 2 (aka Baten Kaitos Origins) even before they acquired Monolith. And Namco cancelled the development of Baten Kaitos DS (at that time being internally developed and not by Monolith) before selling the company.

I would hazard a guess that Monolith (in other words Nintendo) owns the Baten Kaitos IP? But surely there has to be an interview where this issue was addressed, seeing as the Baten Kaitos series has many fans and was very popular with those who bought it. So someone must have asked the question by now of who exactly owns the property.
Last edited by Boerseun; 09-16-2008 at 04:36 PM.
duckroll
mashadar's Nekomimi slave
(09-16-2008, 04:41 PM)
duckroll's Avatar

Originally Posted by Boerseun

While Namco retained a small shareholding in Monolith when they sold the majority to Nintendo, it was Nintendo which published Baten Kaitos 2 (aka Baten Kaitos Origins) even before they acquired Monolith. And Namco cancelled the development of Baten Kaitos DS (at that time being internally developed and not by Monolith) before selling the company.

I would hazard a guess that Monolith (in other words Nintendo) owns the Baten Kaitos IP? But surely there has to be an interview where this issue was addressed, seeing as the Baten Kaitos series has many fans and was very popular with those who bought it. So someone must have asked the question by now of who exactly owns the property.

Nope. Namco Bandai owns the Baten Kaitos rights. It's very clear really. They own the copyright and the trademark on all related BK products, even BK2.

Edit: You can see it on the old BK2 official site here: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ngc/gk4j/index.html
Mockingbird
Member
(09-16-2008, 04:50 PM)
Mockingbird's Avatar

Originally Posted by duckroll

Nope. Namco Bandai owns the Baten Kaitos rights. It's very clear really. They own the copyright and the trademark on all related BK products, even BK2.

I'm not arguing with you; however, I think it's noteworthy to point out that Baten Kaitos Origins is listed under published Nintendo games in Super Smash Brothers Brawl, while titles that they've published but do not own the properties of - or no longer own the properties of - are not listed, such as: Street Fighter Alpha 2 (SNES), Banjo-Kazooie, Banjo-Tooie, Conker's Bad Fur Day, and Perfect Dark, among others.

Thread Tools